Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

I gotta say, the Biden admin was probably hoping for and perhaps expecting the exact opposite: marches in support of Israel. But besides the one in NYC where the participants were calling for genocide, all the ground energy seems to be with Palestine.

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Chillgamesh posted:

That minister, grinning when he suggests that Israel take in refugees, and then saying he's "crying in his heart" when Hill calls him out on it. I think I gotta check out, that was such an utterly vile thing to witness.

i cut it off there

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Cuttlefush posted:

look up vortex ring state

God laid many warnings for us about helicopter flight, and we ignore all of them, in our hubris

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Flutch posted:

i by no means want to overstate this, but i just was exposed to live mainstream news on this issue for the first time because i went down and sat with my dad who was watching. the liberal networks are surprisingly tuned in to the humanitarian crisis unfolding. they don’t seem to mirror the full support green light given by the white house. there were the obvious propaganda lines and human interest focus on individual israeli victims, but there was a lot of footage of and interviews with palestinians as well. cnn had a guest on explicitly stating that the only solution is to end the apartheid.

again, i don’t want to overstate. but i don’t think that the attempt to manufacture consent for this genocide is entirely succeeding. at least, i hope that’s the case.

what do u mean they're already cashing in on the manufactured consent and did the pull back, mission accomplished

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
I know we're evil fucks but it's distressing to see like, no other country really give a poo poo

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Literal Armenian genocide rhetoric. They can live in the desert, but no where else

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Death By The Blues posted:

so the dem libs are just following their ethos and want to do means testing genocide.

Today, the Kamala-Biden White House is announcing that they will establish a terrorism forgiveness program for Hamas-adjacent civilians that operate as a housekeeper for thirty years in disadvantaged settlements.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

as an american i really genuinely hate my government's support of the israeli goverment and the fact that like half (or 47% or whatever) of ppl in the gaza strip are under the age of 18 upsets me

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

its time to reeducate grandma

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Valleyant posted:

I know we're evil fucks but it's distressing to see like, no other country really give a poo poo

A few do, but they’re also the ones the US would happily overthrow.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Flutch posted:

i by no means want to overstate this, but i just was exposed to live mainstream news on this issue for the first time because i went down and sat with my dad who was watching. the liberal networks are surprisingly tuned in to the humanitarian crisis unfolding. they don’t seem to mirror the full support green light given by the white house. there were the obvious propaganda lines and human interest focus on individual israeli victims, but there was a lot of footage of and interviews with palestinians as well. cnn had a guest on explicitly stating that the only solution is to end the apartheid.

again, i don’t want to overstate. but i don’t think that the attempt to manufacture consent for this genocide is entirely succeeding. at least, i hope that’s the case.

I agree, I think Israel is in fact losing the PR war pretty quickly even with the all-hands-on-deck mobilization of the Angloid elites. The problem is, it won't be enough to matter. Israel gonna keep doing what it's doing even without full Western support

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Flutch posted:

Yeah, the tone of coverage has been shifting since Israel started blowing up dozens of apartment buildings. I don't think the government can hide the reality of what's happening.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thanks to Elon we're back to twitters halcyon days when you could ask a member of ISIS if they liked anime tits

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the only way to ensure this never happens again is if ownership of the gaza strip is made non fungible, with proof of ownership written to a distributed ledger not controlled by any one government

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Valleyant posted:

other governments are actively suppressing them

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

if they manage to push 1.1 million people to the southern half, they will 100% settle the northern half if the situation stabilizes

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Euphoriaphone posted:

Nickelodeon: gently caress them (Palestinian) kids
https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1712447027659915700

Spongebob is a legitimate target for Quds Force after this

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

lmao i love our banner ad

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Cassette Moodcore posted:

40 babies decapitated, that’s so loving stupid it belongs in a lovely SNL skit

What, you want me to lie and say they decapitated babies? sir you know that implies they purposely cut their heads off and left them in a way we would know that purposely happened, ok ok, so like what 3 babies? what, 40?? could you at least make it an uneven number, maybe like 7? 40? ok I’m not sure this is believable, ok 40 it is yea sir

I can't fathom how awful SNLs season premiere tomorrow will be.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Only Big Bird is without sin

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

warning if u follow Abby Martin on socials she is NOT following the no gore rule

Morbus
May 18, 2004

the bitcoin of weed posted:

they attacked at 6 am on a Saturday, wouldn't any elementary schools have been completely empty?

You know how some spammers deliberately make their emails really stupid with bad grammar and idiotic premises, to help ensure that anyone who responds is a rube that they have a fair shot at roping in?

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

HallelujahLee posted:

dnd posting may be considered a war-crime says new un chief

if cspam is the genocide denial forum, dnd is the genocide approval forum

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Atrocious Joe posted:

spongebob and spiderman are pretty dope but i lol at that quote every time

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

CaptainBeefart posted:

I can't fathom how awful SNLs season premiere tomorrow will be.

oh god

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Yeah, the tone of coverage has been shifting since Israel started blowing up dozens of apartment buildings. I don't think the government can hide the reality of what's happening.

you sure are hopeful
most people don't seem to care in my experience

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

HallelujahLee posted:

i dont think they actually care about stopping anything its a pr campaign

they are 100% providing support to israel via unlimited aid and this has been going on for 75 years

absolutely. if they actually cared about stopping they would be taking concrete actions to withhold aid and other measures that might actually give the israelis pause. giving some weakass statement with no action to back it up is 100% worthless

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

Atrocious Joe posted:

Weirdly Friends has a huge cultural influence in Iran with the youth. To the point they made an Iranian remake lol

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

theres also gonna be thousands, tens of thousands of bodies left behind that will be completely unidentifiable, as everyone who could do ID is being herded into the desert. and its not like people are going to carry corpses of loved ones around when they're headed to at best refugee camps and at worst the loving desert. so israel is just gonna have all these bodies to deal with. what do you think they'll do, just a huge mass grave that later gets condominiums built on top of it? or a bonfire? cursory examination of the subject indicates cremation is forbidden and the actual burial rites are not uncomplicated, certainly not going to be performed by the IDF though. its just another vile disrespect thats being imposed upon palestine

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Zerg Mans posted:

Thanks to Elon we're back to twitters halcyon days when you could ask a member of ISIS if they liked anime tits

well what was the answer

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s absolutely distressing me to know that lack of water by now has certainly lead to the death of several children

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

celadon posted:

theres also gonna be thousands, tens of thousands of bodies left behind that will be completely unidentifiable, as everyone who could do ID is being herded into the desert. and its not like people are going to carry corpses of loved ones around when they're headed to at best refugee camps and at worst the loving desert. so israel is just gonna have all these bodies to deal with. what do you think they'll do, just a huge mass grave that later gets condominiums built on top of it? or a bonfire? cursory examination of the subject indicates cremation is forbidden and the actual burial rites are not uncomplicated, certainly not going to be performed by the IDF though. its just another vile disrespect thats being imposed upon palestine

Israel massacred hundreds of people in 48 denied it built a parking lot for a beach over the bodies and not until a 2022 documentary was released that its knowledge was widely known.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tantura_massacre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNtrUjUNkJw

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Weirdly Friends has a huge cultural influence in Iran with the youth. To the point they made an Iranian remake lol

friends was the peak of american post cold war culture.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

mila kunis posted:

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Euphoriaphone posted:

Nickelodeon: gently caress them (Palestinian) kids
https://twitter.com/Nickelodeon/status/1712447027659915700

Meanwhile the chad Cartoon Network funnels millions to hamas off the books

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

mila kunis posted:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/1712974151030370777

Intercept story on FBI and Homeland Security harassments over the past week

New York Times covers the huge Palestine solidarity rally in NYC as a "routine event." Blames "doom scrolling" for worries of violence, and not the demonization campaign taking place against Arabs and Muslims coming from the heights of the US state and media.

quote:

After Tension and Rumors, a Protest for Palestine Is a Routine Event
Hundreds gathered without incident in Times Square. They were watched over by ranks of police officers and news cameras.

By Liam Stack
Oct. 13, 2023, 6:06 p.m. ET

Hundreds of people gathered in Times Square on Friday to protest the weeklong Israeli bombardment of Gaza that has followed the Hamas attack, waving Palestinian flags and antiwar banners as more than one hundred police officers and scores of television cameras looked on.

The gathering, and a rally planned later in Brooklyn for Jews supporting Palestinians, might once have been considered unremarkable. But in the days leading up to the protest, rumors about it sent a wave of anxiety through New York. The city has been stricken by grief and living on edge since the incursion and the Israeli response, which together have killed thousands of civilians.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/13/nyregion/palestine-protest-nyc-times-square.html

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Pobrecito posted:

absolutely. if they actually cared about stopping they would be taking concrete actions to withhold aid and other measures that might actually give the israelis pause. giving some weakass statement with no action to back it up is 100% worthless

the us solution is ethnic cleansing and letting israel continue bombing the people as they leave its cartoon poo poo

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

See no one told them life was gonna be this way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
the 90s arguably was the best period in terms of quantity of solid sitcoms and Friends is probably not even in the top 10 imo