Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Popy posted:

lmao i love our banner ad

Its aging incredibly well as Israel speedruns how many warcrimes they can do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Israeli Air Force announces new motto: "Again"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Fuligin posted:

Meanwhile the chad Cartoon Network funnels millions to hamas off the books

Do not credit the entire cartoon network for the actions of toonami

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

If you are posting in D&D, the forum of Shaitan, then you deserve to spend 24 hours burning in the fire of Jahannam.

Should have stayed with the warriors of God gathering in C-SPAM, the posting Lebanon.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

While it's great to see demonstrations in solidarity with Palestine, the ruling classes will ignore them like they always do. The only way to stop settler nazis from committing genocide is to actually intervene and stop them.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol hamas smuggling in that color inkjet

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
carried it for miles

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

CaptainBeefart posted:

I can't fathom how awful SNLs season premiere tomorrow will be.

i havent watched this clip but i am sure it is poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oec-Nw4P3MI

i was trying to find the snl kandahar song and could not

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
I am just curious as to where Hamas got detailed satellite photos of the settlements. Are they just readily available on google maps

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Homeless Friend posted:

You know how expensive printer ink is, now imagine it in Gaza.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

can anyone share a link to what hamas actually did that isn't tinged with beheaded babies nonsense?

celadon
Jan 2, 2023

Death By The Blues posted:

I am just curious as to where Hamas got detailed satellite photos of the settlements. Are they just readily available on google maps

its the work of the Hamas extreme high altitude fan-paratrooper reconnaissance squadrons

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

moths posted:

I could be underestimating the IDF, but I think a ground invasion will be a poo poo show. They'd been winning on god mode but Allah turned off their cheat code.

Buried in the stories circulating about the IDF mobilizing 300k reservists was that they didn't have enough plates for body armor. There's been some time to rush orders for those, but not nearly enough. It's unclear just how dysfunctional the rest of the IDF is material wise. It'd be ironic if all these decades innovating "less than lethal" weapons to repress people the world over ended up making the IDF less than lethal.

When I asked what Israel's bomb stockpiles looked like and Frosted Flakes chimed in that they have enough for "28 days," what went unsaid is that Israel is already bombing Gaza at an unprecedented rate which they couldn't possibly have planned for. We can restock the IAF with bombs for a bit, but not forever. It caused severe stockpile shortages every time the IOF tried fighting an air war.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

can anyone share a link to what hamas actually did that isn't tinged with beheaded babies nonsense?

Engaged in legitimate combat with a state who has officially declared war against them, called them animals and vowed to wipe them off the face of the earth?

Morbus
May 18, 2004

Flutch posted:

i by no means want to overstate this, but i just was exposed to live mainstream news on this issue for the first time because i went down and sat with my dad who was watching. the liberal networks are surprisingly tuned in to the humanitarian crisis unfolding. they don’t seem to mirror the full support green light given by the white house. there were the obvious propaganda lines and human interest focus on individual israeli victims, but there was a lot of footage of and interviews with palestinians as well. cnn had a guest on explicitly stating that the only solution is to end the apartheid.

again, i don’t want to overstate. but i don’t think that the attempt to manufacture consent for this genocide is entirely succeeding. at least, i hope that’s the case.

No.

Stage 1: In the run up to war, just whole-heartedly endorse the most blatant warmongering and bullshit "justifications"

Stage 2: During the war, especially once things go to poo poo, hand-wring about the complicated situation unfolding

Stage 3: When it's over, distance yourself from those who supported the war

None of this is even about consent manufacturing per se--they don't need our consent to do what they are going to do. It's about setting the stage so that, when all is said and done, it is easy to forget whatever needs to be forgotten, invent whatever needs to be remembered, and Be A Good Boy or Girl Who Was Right All Along. As long as the average member of the public can do that every 5-10 years, and pat themselves on the back at the end of each lovely chapter, they will never feel complicit in the crimes of their country, or even feel the need for those in charge to be held accountable.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Ohtori Akio posted:

you hope to get poz cum in your rear end and that's why you log into grindr nightly and upload a brand new hole pic

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

US says they are moving more military aircraft to the region
https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1712978879105896583

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Buried in the stories circulating about the IDF mobilizing 300k reservists was that they didn't have enough plates for body armor. There's been some time to rush orders for those, but not nearly enough. It's unclear just how dysfunctional the rest of the IDF is material wise. It'd be ironic if all these decades innovating "less than lethal" weapons to repress people the world over ended up making the IDF less than lethal.

When I asked what Israel's bomb stockpiles looked like and Frosted Flakes chimed in that they have enough for "28 days," what went unsaid is that Israel is already bombing Gaza at an unprecedented rate which they couldn't possibly have planned for. We can restock the IAF with bombs for a bit, but not forever. It caused severe stockpile shortages every time the IOF tried fighting an air war.

If we're lucky this is why they're pushing for a ground war in such a half-assed fashion. Maybe they're already running low. It seems like too much to hope for that the bombing could end soon whether the israelis want to or not, though.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

On a holiday weekend, no less!

This new evidence firmly establishes that Hamas had no intention of killing children, since they intended to attack the one place they knew children wouldn't be.

lmfao

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

pretty incredible piece here by gabe winant

https://twitter.com/nkulw/status/1712961532181495962

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

30.5 Days posted:

If we're lucky this is why they're pushing for a ground war in such a half-assed fashion. Maybe they're already running low. It seems like too much to hope for that the bombing could end soon whether the israelis want to or not, though.

I wouldn't count on them making noises about lacking the munitions for at least another week. Assuming a wider war hasn't already broken out by then.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Blackhawk posted:

Engaged in legitimate combat with a state who has officially declared war against them, called them animals and vowed to wipe them off the face of the earth?

no i mean like tore down x and attacked y resulting in z

e: nevermind, just reading the 2023 hamas-israel war wikipedia entry now

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 01:03 on Oct 14, 2023

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Homeless Friend posted:

I hope the guy that did it got a hug.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

the only way to ensure this never happens again is if ownership of the gaza strip is made non fungible, with proof of ownership written to a distributed ledger not controlled by any one government

lol youve been on fire for days

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We are just going to have to see how this plays out. Israel obviously has been continually dropping munitions on Gaza, but at the same time, at some point they are going to have dive deeper into their reserves. In addition, as I mentioned, there is eventually going to be a maintenance issue as jet fighters are not designed to continually be in the air for weeks at a time, eventually there is going to be a backlog as more jets need to be taken out of service. I wonder if other regional actors are simply waiting for an opportunity for them to run down their air force before they make their move.

The question is if Gaza can hold on.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

celadon posted:

theres also gonna be thousands, tens of thousands of bodies left behind that will be completely unidentifiable, as everyone who could do ID is being herded into the desert. and its not like people are going to carry corpses of loved ones around when they're headed to at best refugee camps and at worst the loving desert. so israel is just gonna have all these bodies to deal with. what do you think they'll do, just a huge mass grave that later gets condominiums built on top of it? or a bonfire? cursory examination of the subject indicates cremation is forbidden and the actual burial rites are not uncomplicated, certainly not going to be performed by the IDF though. its just another vile disrespect thats being imposed upon palestine

Theres no way they'll ever want anyone doing an accounting of real numbers, and someone can eventually dig up a mass grave and count the bones. No, they'll probably just cremate anything they find to ash and knowing israel maybe, i dunno, sell the ash in toothpaste to Palestinians in the west bank or something.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Kazzah posted:

Israeli Air Force announces new motto: "Again"

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
they banned pro palestine protests at western washington university (considered the more hippy of the WA schools) and the local paper accused the student arab organization of being terrorists. feels like the bush years again

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Cookie Cutter posted:

Nah he's just relieved she wasn't exposed to any Wrong Opinions

He was probably worried about the diet coke and singalongs

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

biceps crimes posted:

no i mean like tore down x and attacked y resulting in z

There aren't any comprehensive blow by blows yet that I'm aware of, but if you want the broad picture it's like this:

Hamas breached the border fence in over 20 places because the IDF had drawn down its deployments around Gaza to focus on policing in the West Bank. They also blew up a patrolling Merkava, and disabled remote controlled machinegun bases with bombs dropped from fpv drones. They infiltrated Israel through the fence with motorcycle teams, in addition to fighters sent through infiltration tunnels, over the walls with motored paragliders, and over the sea to Ashkelon in boats. They captured or neutralized every military outpost between Sderot and the Egyptian border, and captured the bases at Nahal Oz and the Erez crossing. Once they bypassed the IDF's defenses the fighters fanned out through the countryside and raided settlements. Literally going door to door in suburban Israel and wreaking havoc.

It's still unclear exactly how many Hamas fighters are still operating in southern Israel, how much territory outside Gaza they still effectively control, or even if Hamas fighters made it all the way to the West Bank.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Atrocious Joe posted:

US says they are moving more military aircraft to the region
https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1712978879105896583

could our national back pain be the result of carrying around a massive weight for decades? no, i think we just need to work on our posture

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

bruh

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

BULBASAUR posted:

they banned pro palestine protests at western washington university (considered the more hippy of the WA schools) and the local paper accused the student arab organization of being terrorists. feels like the bush years again

It really does. Everyone went absolutely insane after 911.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Fuligin posted:

Meanwhile the chad Cartoon Network funnels millions to hamas off the books

wait really?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

NBC NEWS EXCLUSIVE: 'Top secret' Hamas documents show that terrorists intentionally targeted elementary schools and a youth center.

Story and reporting from
@annaschecter

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
israeli batman: *shoots a woman in the chest with a sawn off* this is joe chill's fault

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

BULBASAUR posted:

is this just some leftover boomer and silent lead brained Cold War paranoia so loving sick of this poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Zoeb posted:

It really does. Everyone went absolutely insane after 911.

They did, but it also felt voluntary. This feels like the state itself is commanding suppression.