Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The US is confused when Israel sends a real estate developer to explain the post genocide plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

VoicesCanBe posted:

Israel has been hammering Gaza for nearly a week now. The scale I'm pretty sure is unprecedented for modern IDF history, it's certainly far heavier than 2021 or 2014. I'm not gonna pretend to know what their munition situation is like, but I can't imagine they have all that much to spare while maintaining the current intensity.

Regardless, the air campaign alone will not break Palestinian resistance. Israel will need to go in on the ground if they intend to "finish" Hamas.

Admittedly, I think a big issue that has been holding everything up is just that the ground forces are really don't prepared to pretty much Stalingrad. The fight for Gaza is going to be far worse than something like Bakhmut, and it took the Russians + Wagner months to take it with constant artillery support.

The images of destruction are dramatic, but all that rubble is also rubble that the IDF is going to have to push through to get to where it is going along with smaller scale counter-attacks. Also Hamas could very much "grab the IDF by the belt" getting close enough to IDF forces that air power is going to be near useless. The civilians only complicate it further.

IDF has this huge army, but it is mostly on paper, evidence suggests the reservists are really not ready for prime time.

-----

Also, I wonder how much giving settlers arms is also going to back fire. Not only in the terror they are going to cause, but settlers are not trained fighters and caches of arms floating around can just as easily be taken by Palestinians. It is just going to cause more chaos while what Israel really needs is the West Bank to stay silent.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

go ahead and draft me bitch ill post from jail

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Yinlock posted:

"curse you hamas" i yell as i roll over my tank on a slight incline

dril tweet army

Jesus Horse
Feb 24, 2004

moths posted:

Unban Al-Saqr, make him unbannable, give him buttons, and send him into D&D.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

demon cracker nation

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

BillsPhoenix posted:

Crazy idea I've been thinking about.

The president of the US is not a dictator or all powerful. The courts, congress, and moreso corporations and 'special interest groups/pacs', along with privately held media have a large amount of power.

Suppose Biden is actually truly anti war unless it's with Russia.

If he denounced Israel's very bloodthirsty response, he'd be impeached rapidly.

If he shows anything other than unwavering support for Israel, his nomination by the dems is in question.

Most of his aids, speech writers, and close allies are blatantly pro Israel and bloodlust, he's not going to get much help, they maybe even told him the baby reports had been vetted. (They did)

So what are his actual options? Strong words coupled with, situationally worthless carrier groups buys time, and avoids boots on the ground escalation.

What, realistically, are other options he has given the insane bloodlust by powerful entities surrounding him?

biden is the 350lb brain damaged settler, and genocide is like a palestinian home. it may as well be him instead of someone else. Vote Biden in 2024

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1712913784069579016

memo with cc:everyone and a title that starts with skulls for the skull throne and blood for the blood god

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The Hindutva Foreign Legion is legitimately gonna happen to man checkpoints and be canon/rocket fodder

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

quote:

There is an unmistakable effort to push the pro-Palestinian left, including the Jewish pro-Palestinian left, beyond the pale by weaponizing grief, yielding such darkly comical scenes as German politicians refusing to speak to Bernie Sanders, whose family died in the Shoah, to mark sufficient deference to Jewish death. Such is the power of the Israeli grief machine: it authorizes Germans to tell Jews that they are mourning wrong. I joked, on the news about Sanders, that I could imagine a German stuffing me into a cattle car, weeping about the special German responsibility to ensure that the Holocaust never reoccur.

dang

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

you can draft me but im just going to be a computer toucher and put in purchase orders for 12000 laserjets per week

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

BillsPhoenix posted:

Crazy idea I've been thinking about.

The president of the US is not a dictator or all powerful. The courts, congress, and moreso corporations and 'special interest groups/pacs', along with privately held media have a large amount of power.

If he denounced Israel's very bloodthirsty response, he'd be impeached rapidly.

If he shows anything other than unwavering support for Israel, his nomination by the dems is in question.

Most of his aids, speech writers, and close allies are blatantly pro Israel and bloodlust, he's not going to get much help, they maybe even told him the baby reports had been vetted. (They did)

So what are his actual options? Strong words coupled with, situationally worthless carrier groups buys time, and avoids boots on the ground escalation.

What, realistically, are other options he has given the insane bloodlust by powerful entities surrounding him?

It doesn't really matter what senile corpse happens to be nominally in charge of the country. The president is just the mouthpiece of a larger apparatus that wants to maintain capitalist hegemony globally. Apartheid Israel is an important part of that. If the president were to come out against the genocide, he'd just be replaced by some other psycho. Actual change requires DTI and DTA.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

sucks for all 10 of the americans who are physically fit enough to fight and dont have adhd

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Biden is arguably the most conservative democrat currently in government, he was literally made VP in 2008 to make Obama look more moderate. He lead the dem charge in 2003 to invade Iraq and kill over one million people, he is a white supremacist who believes that westerners/whites must dominate the rest of the world.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

smarxist posted:

he can't be bargained or reasoned with

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jokes on the State: I'm 4-F thanks to a physical disability but I wouldn't sign up for your imperial wars if they took me. Too old and too leftist for that poo poo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald has issued a correction as of 02:09 on Oct 14, 2023

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Frosted Flake posted:

The ground elements of the IDF are really not performing like people expected. They’ve had multiple bad accidents on road marches as they start moving their reserves around, like tanks and their transporters totalled in wrecks on the highway.

Obviously these things happen in war, NATO ran over multiple German families road marching tanks in the 80’s, but this seems like a bad start.

Is the majority of the IDF made up of conscrpits? If so I would bet money your average Hamas fighter is more capable in battle than your average IDF solider.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Dixon Chisholm posted:

go ahead and draft me bitch ill post from jail

I'll accept and do some bestie boys...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

moths posted:

Unban Al-Saqr, make him unbannable, give him buttons, and send him into D&D.

+2 😉🐶👍

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is the part where israel is bargained down to reasonable levels of indiscriminate murder and everyone moves on to the next news cycle

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

BONGHITZ posted:

its time to reeducate grandma

I'll fight grandma idgaf

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Warren calls for Israel to commit an ethnic cleansing that minimizes civilian casualties

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1712988758327316526

This statement is horrible, but seems like it will still piss off Zionist groups who are trying to avoid that language.

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1712987961124417913

Democrats infighting on this is good.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lpzie posted:

+2 😉🐶👍

🫵🤡

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

BillsPhoenix posted:

I don't know if this is a legit thought or an SYQ.

But it is an opportunity to stress that Biden was the chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which assembled the presenters to sell everyone on GWB's Iraq invasion.

We're lucky he didn't show slides of refrigerated trucks and claim they were full of baby heads.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

this is the part where israel is bargained down to reasonable levels of indiscriminate murder and everyone moves on to the next news cycle

America loves fractional compromises of brown and black lives

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Norm raised money for the hospital that MSF works out of and Israel says they will blow up

https://twitter.com/SanaImmTarek/status/1712901757204914196

BillsPhoenix
Jun 29, 2023
But what if Russia aren't the bad guys? I'm just asking questions...

antipattern posted:

It doesn't really matter what senile corpse happens to be nominally in charge of the country. The president is just the mouthpiece of a larger apparatus that wants to maintain capitalist hegemony globally. Apartheid Israel is an important part of that. If the president were to come out against the genocide, he'd just be replaced by some other psycho. Actual change requires DTI and DTA.

This is roughly what I'm going for, except pretend Biden is truly working for peace, surrounded by all this.

Sending carrier groups seems to be one of the most effective ways to not really do anything.

for the love of all that is good, don't vote for Biden

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
why the gently caress are you all talking about a draft. why on earth would they draft anyone, let alone people in the u.s., to fight a ground war here. log off and take a melatonin

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol seriously come the gently caress on

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Impermanent posted:

why the gently caress are you all talking about a draft. why on earth would they draft anyone, let alone people in the u.s., to fight a ground war here. log off and take a melatonin

thank u, someone with some common sense..

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
edit: wrong thread sorry

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Impermanent posted:

its the draft from the door hitting their asses on the way out of cspam

boom gottem

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Has there been absolutely any actual pro-Palestinian response from any countries in the area? I know MBS of all people was calling up leaders, but I didn't hear of any result. It seems like at best you'll have a few countries protest in the UN that Israel is a bit too messy with their genocide.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

BillsPhoenix posted:

This is roughly what I'm going for, except pretend Biden is truly working for peace, surrounded by all this.

Sending carrier groups seems to be one of the most effective ways to not really do anything.

for the love of all that is good, don't vote for Biden

So you're saying that in Biden's defense he's just following orders? Because I've got news for you about that one...

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
lmfao this got three days immediately off of a 1-day probe, and the post it was responding to got nothing.

Don't post in DnD ever, folks. Learn from my mistake.

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Death By The Blues posted:

Biden is arguably the most conservative democrat currently in government, he was literally made VP in 2008 to make Obama look more moderate. He lead the dem charge in 2003 to invade Iraq and kill over one million people, he is a white supremacist who believes that westerners/whites must dominate the rest of the world.

He just has a stutter. Way to be ageist.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

DAY OF JIHAD UPDATE: Violent terrorists take hundreds of Jews hostage
https://twitter.com/jvpliveNY/status/1713000861637755127

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Canned Sunshine posted:

My mom just died on Sunday, so between that and just now reading this, I've been crying a lot.

sorry for your loss

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

https://twitter.com/LarryAlbertGil/status/1712920117829341270

I just really want to make sure this gets shared and seen. Anyone who can condone what is being done right now is a monster.

I know it's such a cliche thing to say these days but if you believe in anything fair and just out there, please pray for the Palestinian people. Even if you can do nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Canned Sunshine posted:

My mom just died on Sunday, so between that and just now reading this, I've been crying a lot.

That sucks! I'm so sorry!:(