Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
There's probably some legitimate reasons for some people not voting early but I really don't know why you wouldn't try to vote before election day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
For my wife and I it was because it's our first time being eligible to vote and we wanted to do it on the official day.

I didn't get a sticker though so I'm bummed

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

redleader posted:

lmao no loving way

It's a ctrl+F

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

Weatherman posted:

For my wife and I it was because it's our first time being eligible to vote and we wanted to do it on the official day.

I didn't get a sticker but we voted a week ago, that's lame they didn't have one on the day!

ShinyMcShine
Nov 30, 2004
Certainly. I am ... the, uh, piano genius from the movie, "Shine"

They did away with stickers cause of covid unless you were overseas and voted at the embassy.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Weatherman posted:

Chris Parker headed a "Make your own 'I voted!' sticker" social media campaign, I made one out of some supplies from the office and wore it all day.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

this sucks man

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Wait there's an election?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

First I've heard of it.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Went to vote, found another tree that has come down.

This surely is a sign.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Gonna make a shirt that says

I VOTED
but all I got
was the satisfaction
of participating in our
fair and open elections
which is cool I guess
but really a sweet sticker
would have been nice too.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Firstscion posted:

Everyone should vote NZ Loyal because they are loyal to NZ it's in the name.

But I'm not, I'd sell out the country to the CCP if they made good on getting me my first home.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

WarpedNaba posted:

But I'm not, I'd sell out the country to the CCP if they made good on getting me my first home.

All you need to do is be extremely lucky, I don't know why people find this so hard.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Project M.A.M.I.L. posted:

There's probably some legitimate reasons for some people not voting early but I really don't know why you wouldn't try to vote before election day.

It's fun voting on election day. I had a democracy sausage.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
looking forward to seeing exactly how diseased the minds are of the people in this country once more

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

haha, wooph

Extremely Penetrated
Aug 8, 2004
Hail Spwwttag.
I have finally sullied your elections with my dirty home-owning immigrant vote green/green. Lots of parking, no queue, didn't get hassled for ID, in and out in 3 minutes. Pretty good, NZ.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

sebmojo posted:

It's fun voting on election day. I had a democracy sausage.

Ok that's two pretty good reasons.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lmao at those early results, see ya beartaco

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

The “40% off deck furniture” election

ShinyMcShine
Nov 30, 2004
Certainly. I am ... the, uh, piano genius from the movie, "Shine"

Nice to hear Shane jones considers himself a professional.

Was that before or after the tax payer funded wank?

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
lol

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

El Pollo Blanco posted:

looking forward to seeing exactly how diseased the minds are of the people in this country once more

Just turn off your monitor

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

did we win yet?

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I really would have thought that the minor parties would have had a bigger bump. How the hell have so many idiots decided that c-lux is the man with the answers?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

carrionman posted:

I really would have thought that the minor parties would have had a bigger bump. How the hell have so many idiots decided that c-lux is the man with the answers?

thats just democracy in action

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

ACT, Greens, TPM and NZF have the opportunity to do the funniest thing possible

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

carrionman posted:

The ford ranger is nz's favourite new vehicle

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

NZ likes to think it's progressive due to being first in the world for women's suffrage, but if that had to voted on with today's population it would never pass.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

carrionman posted:

Least bad

Labour sucks, Seymour is weird, the greens are hippy kooks, so that leaves...

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

So when NAct get in and nothing changes on account of inflation etc being global figures, what are the odds middle NZ even notices or cares?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Brain In A Jar posted:

So when NAct get in and nothing changes on account of inflation etc being global figures, what are the odds middle NZ even notices or cares?

0%

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Least bad

Labour sucks, Seymour is weird, the greens are hippy kooks, so that leaves...

Leighton Baker obviously.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Blackhawk posted:

NZ likes to think it's progressive due to being first in the world for women's suffrage, but if that had to voted on with today's population it would never pass.

:hmmyes:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Brain In A Jar posted:

They will blame the maaris and the dole bludgers

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Blackhawk posted:

loving ohio is legalising the demon herb before us

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Sphyre posted:

lmao at those early results, see ya beartaco

Eh I knew I was throwing :10bux::10bux: to the forums but I back my work and I think pessimism is lovely and unproductive.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

So what are you guys going to spend your $2-8/week tax cuts on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blackhawk posted:

we weren't even first in the world for women's suffrage. we were the first self-governing territory to do it. individual states in the us and other non-autonomous british territories had already done it by the time we did.