Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Shut production down and redo it with Mike Murdock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh no, I'm a different actor. Charlie is... my brother? My name is uhhh Chester Cox.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
Honestly that article makes it sound like marvel is being run by absolute shitheads and some of the changes are absolute no brainer both for a better product and to keep costs low which is business 101.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

StumblyWumbly posted:

If Daredevil isn't wearing his costume for 3 episodes, then Foggy better be handing a sweater saying "I'm Not Daredevil" every other scene.

Any time Daredevil isn’t on screen all the other characters should be asking, “Where’s Daredevil?”

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

Oh no, I'm a different actor. Charlie is... my brother? My name is uhhh Chester Cox.

Hmmm... I'd say that was ridiculous, but you wear pretty loud outfits compared to Charlie so I believe you

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

90sgamer posted:

Honestly that article makes it sound like marvel is being run by absolute shitheads and some of the changes are absolute no brainer both for a better product and to keep costs low which is business 101.
It seems to be the result of movie execs thinking they can make prestige tv just like they make movies but it turns out that nope, that just makes extra long padded out movies, and when you try to make something closer to a traditional TV show (like say making 18 episodes of Daredevil at a time) then it just falls apart completely

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Assepoester posted:

It seems to be the result of movie execs thinking they can make prestige tv just like they make movies but it turns out that nope, that just makes extra long padded out movies, and when you try to make something closer to a traditional TV show (like say making 18 episodes of Daredevil at a time) then it just falls apart completely

I agree. TV and Movies have different rules, they are made in different ways, and there are reasons for that beyond simple inertia.

Still, every once in a while someone will do a grand experiment, only to find out once again that yes, the Earth really is round.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Kraven officially never going to be a Spider-Man villain.

No Way Home would have been a much different movie with Kraven as the villain.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1712912931149459581

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Meanwhile Spider-Man 2 the game is just like "WELP HERES KRAVEN."

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Kraven officially never going to be a Spider-Man villain.

No Way Home would have been a much different movie with Kraven as the villain.

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1712912931149459581

It honestly felt like such a natural thing, to have the third movie include Kraven.

Peter's outed and people think Spider-Man is a dangerous murderer. Enter a guy who loves to hunt dangerous beasts, and sees Peter as a new challenge. Maybe he's even hired by JJJ to catch Spider-Man (also throw Scorpion in there). But instead, they did a weird reboot with lots of fan-service that, while fun, was filled with huge plot holes if you think about it for more than a second.

I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy and that there were people who were probably considering this, but Sony gotta Sony, I guess.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

I wish we had footage of the meeting where Marvel and the writers submitted their first draft pitch for No Way Home and the Sony execs said, "No, we have big plans for a Kraven solo movie. Please rewrite this Spider-Man movie. It's a second-tier priority compared to the Kraven origin movie."

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
There must be a vault at Sony with like, a hundred terrible pitches for solo movies about the Spider-Man-adjacent characters they have the rights to. The ones we've heard about have to be just the tip of the iceberg. A decade-long, totally misguided attempt to ape what Marvel's doing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Omnomnomnivore posted:

There must be a vault at Sony with like, a hundred terrible pitches for solo movies about the Spider-Man-adjacent characters they have the rights to. The ones we've heard about have to be just the tip of the iceberg. A decade-long, totally misguided attempt to ape what Marvel's doing.

Except Marvel started out with the less popular characters they had left over . There's no reason these movies of Sony's can't involve Spider-Man. He's theirs to include whenever!

I feel like it's actually Batman they're looking towards, who has villains that can and have headlined their own projects with little to no Bat.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 13, 2023

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The deal they have says Marvel has creative input when it’s the MCU version of Spider-Man and that’s why Sony doesn’t use him. They want to do their own thing in all the other properties.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Omnomnomnivore posted:

God, if the Aunt May movie was the cream of the crop...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

catlord posted:

God, if the Aunt May movie was the cream of the crop...

They attempted to make an Aunt May solo movie twice. TWICE.

They didn't pull the trigger on it the first time, but thought they really should give it another shot.

I am honestly a little amazed that it never happened given how badly someone there wanted to make it happen.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Doesn’t the Madame Web movie likely have Aunt May as a major player

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I would watch a 90 minute Aunt May movie that is Marisa Tomei having a wine lunch with a friend and talking about Peter Parker and all his dumb attempts to solve his teenage problems. She may or may not mention that he's Spider Man, but she would use the phrase "Peter Tingle" a few times.

That is definitely not the movie Sony had planned.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

The only Aunt May movie we deserve is an adaptation of the 'Trouble' comic

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Aphrodite posted:

The deal they have says Marvel has creative input when it’s the MCU version of Spider-Man and that’s why Sony doesn’t use him. They want to do their own thing in all the other properties.

Right but they don't need to use the MCU version. If there can be multiple Batmen, and if there already are multiple Peter Parkers (including the animated versions) it's really just a limitation they're putting on themselves.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sandwolf posted:

Maybe if it's the old as gently caress Madame Web from the 90s cartoon and any non-Marisa Tomei version of Aunt May they can start a book club

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I don't think so, no.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think so, no.

I thought Adam Scott was rumored to be Ben Parker?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lobok posted:

Right but they don't need to use the MCU version. If there can be multiple Batmen, and if there already are multiple Peter Parkers (including the animated versions) it's really just a limitation they're putting on themselves.

Ever since NWH there have been rumors that is actually what they’re doing.

I imagine they were afraid to make another Spider-Man audiences would consider the fake one. But now that the old ones are back on the table and nostalgia has people thinking those movies were good for some reason, there you go.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

You can't have multiple Spider-men running around, that would be much too confusing

Large flashing sign with the Spider verse box office blinking behind me

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Sandwolf posted:

I thought Adam Scott was rumored to be Ben Parker?

Yeah, but I don't think May is gonna be involved. Just that spoiled person and someone else related to them.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Omnomnomnivore posted:

Never forget the Amazing Spider Man 2 vault of failed sequel bait

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

This is the Aunt May movie I want

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Put it in the ASM-verse and it's her and Richard doing secret agent stuff. Also a tough mudder

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Jamesman posted:

It honestly felt like such a natural thing, to have the third movie include Kraven.

Peter's outed and people think Spider-Man is a dangerous murderer. Enter a guy who loves to hunt dangerous beasts, and sees Peter as a new challenge. Maybe he's even hired by JJJ to catch Spider-Man (also throw Scorpion in there). But instead, they did a weird reboot with lots of fan-service that, while fun, was filled with huge plot holes if you think about it for more than a second.

I'm glad to know that I'm not crazy and that there were people who were probably considering this, but Sony gotta Sony, I guess.

You're not the only one to think this. It seemed like an absolutely natural way to introduce one of Spidey's main villains. Kraven's motivation is unique as well. It would fill out the "Villains can't know my secret identity or they will hurt the people I love" thread as well.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I cannot imagine how exasperating it must be to be a Marvel rep in a conversation with coked out Sony Pictures idiots shooting down good story ideas because they need to keep their ammo dry for the Aunt May solo movie or some poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Still waiting on the aunt may as carnage movie

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CelticPredator posted:

Still waiting on the aunt may as carnage movie

Aunt May-hem

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Aunt May-hem

MAY-XIMUM CARNAGE

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Sockser posted:

This is the Aunt May movie I want

I just want to commission some artist to crank out more of these. Lemme get Auntivenom, Senior Citizen V, and A-May's-Balls right away. The last one is Speedball, thank you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/matthew-vaughn-kick-rear end-reboot-argylle-author-x-men-nycc-1235618721/
Matthew Vaughn talks about some of his movies, including the reason he quit X-Men 3.

quote:

He spoke openly about his experiences in Hollywood, frequently throwing jabs at the machine and industry politics. He had a lot to say about his time in the X-Men universe, including one of the major reasons he decided to walk away from the job.

“I went into one of the executive’s office and I saw an X3 script, and I immediately knew it was a lot fatter. I was like what the hell is this draft. He went, ‘Don’t worry about it,’ and I’m like, ‘No, no. I’m the director. I’m worrying about this draft,'” he recalled. “He wouldn’t tell me, so I grabbed it literally — it was like a crazy moment — opened the first page, and it said, ‘Africa. Storm. Kids dying of no water. She creates a thunderstorm and saves all these children.'”

Vaughn admitted he found it a “pretty cool idea,” but once he learned what was going to happen to the script, his relationship to the project soured. “[I went,] ‘What is this?’ [They said,] ‘Oh, it’s Halle Berry’s script. I went, ‘OK, because she hasn’t signed up yet.’ ‘But this is what she wants it to be, and once she signs up, we’ll throw it in the bin,'” the director said, recounting the executive’s response. “I was like, ‘Wow, you’re gonna do that to an Oscar-winning actress who plays Storm? I’m outta here.’ So I quit at that point.”

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!
I wish vaughn directed X3. We would of at least had a solidly directed x trilogy to look back on

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

90sgamer posted:

I wish vaughn directed X3. We would of at least had a solidly directed x trilogy to look back on

Well also Brett Ratner wouldn't have been able to be such a fuckhead to Elliot Page, too.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I really want Elliott Page to make a cameo in Deadpool 3 as a now transitioned Kit Pryde. Maybe Deadpool could make a "Did you get a haircut?" Joke or something, I don't know.
Or maybe Deadpool never met Shadowcat and finds out he's Colossus' ex leading him to think Colossus is gay and hit on him even more?

Come on X-Men, go gay or go home!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I really want Elliott Page to make a cameo in Deadpool 3 as a now transitioned Kit Pryde. Maybe Deadpool could make a "Did you get a haircut?" Joke or something, I don't know.
Or maybe Deadpool never met Shadowcat and finds out he's Colossus' ex leading him to think Colossus is gay and hit on him even more?

Come on X-Men, go gay or go home!

I very much do not trust the Deadpool producers or movie audiences to take this as anything other than punching down