Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
actually I think I might have opened fire on them if there was supposed to be a chance to get to talk

oops

but like, I talked to the guy in the general store so I knew what these dudes did and I can see the crucified people in front of the town hall so I'll chalk it up to being an entirely reasonable reaction to literal loving slavers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They're just really big fans of the roman empire ok.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

you should talk to the guy with the silly hat and learn what happened at nipton imo

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You can just hack the computer in the town hall and find out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yeah I've never done a Legion playthrough.

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

you can slaughter all of them after talking to him, in fact it's even easier that way

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah I've never done a Legion playthrough.
what I really appreciate about it is that the game actually makes you directly do things that are genuinely hard to stomach in the Legion playthrough, which is a feeling predominantly missing in an Institute playthrough of Fallout 4

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

what I really appreciate about it is that the game actually makes you do things that are genuinely hard to stomach in the Legion playthrough, which is a feeling predominantly missing in an Institute playthrough of Fallout 4
Murdering your way through the Brotherhood blimp and running into like 12 year old child soldiers felt pretty bad.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lostconfused posted:

Murdering your way through the Brotherhood blimp and running into like 12 year old child soldiers felt pretty bad.
like if you were doing that kind of poo poo 80% of the time (like say, to settlements) i wouldn't be so down on the game trying to sell the Institute as antagonists, but they really made it seem half-assed for the most part

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Hatebag posted:

jeez that id guy comes off as a real fuckin maniac here. i liked the bit about secret forum wars though

wow...

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I've done every playthrough in fnv. my last one was as an ex boxer with the stamina draining gloves. I even killed the alpha death claw with it but it took awhile and many attempts. easy to go from full hp to zero.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

gradenko_2000 posted:

actually I think I might have opened fire on them if there was supposed to be a chance to get to talk

oops

but like, I talked to the guy in the general store so I knew what these dudes did and I can see the crucified people in front of the town hall so I'll chalk it up to being an entirely reasonable reaction to literal loving slavers

i did the same thing on my first playthrough way back when its a natural response, don't worry about it

if you really want to be a slaving cosplayer you get a chance to reset relations later on

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You have like no Legion quests until that reset anyway.

The game pretty much railroads you to support NCR, the Legion is barely flashed out as an alternative faction.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

NWN2 looks like rear end, sheesh, well it looked bad back in its day too. The UI and the controls feel so clunky too.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
They beat my loving legs with hammers.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

just don’t piss the legion off too much too early, they tend to strike back hard

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

gradenko_2000 posted:

oops

you did the right thing

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Lostconfused posted:

NWN2 looks like rear end, sheesh, well it looked bad back in its day too. The UI and the controls feel so clunky too.

i dont get how NWN games were popular. i remember them being exceptionally dull

Goon Boots
Feb 2, 2020

Xaris posted:

people wanted a 3d dnd game (of which there were few at the time) and it provided

more importantly, nwn had relatively easy to learn toolset with which people could use to create their own custom adventures and roleplaying servers

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Xaris posted:

they're very fun multiplayer op

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
there are roleplay servers...

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

RandolphCarter posted:

just don’t piss the legion off too much too early, they tend to strike back hard
sorry i will always promote a guilt-free money source, even if they sometimes kill some questgivers in their pursuit

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

sorry i will always promote a guilt-free money source, even if they sometimes kill some questgivers in their pursuit

oh make that money for sure, it’s just they are pretty hard to kill until you’ve got a couple levels and good weapons

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

the laxasia fight in Pinocchio is pretty hard, seven deaths so far

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

eight now. first phase no healing, second phase I did no damage before she nuked me

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

I attained ultimate power in Lies of P when I got the katana. Truly one of the most powerful katanas I've ever seen in a soulslike or in the Souls games themselves. I think only Chikage can rival it in my eyes.

also oh my god chikage is so loving cool, bloodborne is the best

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

11 tries is my limit I will try later

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I lied. twelfth time is the charm

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

AnimeIsTrash posted:

speaking of you all are making me want to play nv again, are there any must have mods?

Depends on what you're looking for. There's some decent texture mods that make the game look a bit better like NMC textures. Gameplay mods - jsawyer ult edition is good, stewies AI tweaks adds a lot (though you have to go in and mess with it a bit in the mod menu). Yukichigai Ultimate Patch (YUP) is great to get as many bugfixes in the game taken care of.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

I lied. twelfth time is the charm

wow! the lies of p!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Wii U's are going for near retail used.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

the milk machine posted:

is atomic hearts good? the trailer on steam looks pretty cool

It’s Soviet Shock. Interesting art direction and perspective on the genre but yeah the gameplay wasn’t that good.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Legion ftw. hail caiser.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

The Caesar Feedback Thread

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Legion ftw. hail caiser.

Gotta get them lucky shades.

The dichotomy between NCR and Legion is hilarious. They're both awful because one is misogynist slavers that regularly torture and execute civilians, and the other makes people pay taxes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
ncr are colonizers, sending farmers to settle the mojave under armed guard

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

erosion posted:

The dichotomy between NCR and Legion is hilarious. They're both awful because one is misogynist slavers that regularly torture and execute civilians, and the other makes people pay taxes.

It's literally said in game that the NCR is a fraction run by land barons. If they don't like your faction they will simply send in a death squad to wipe you out.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's literally said in game that the NCR is a fraction run by land barons. If they don't like your faction they will simply send in a death squad to wipe you out.

Oh so you want the Legion to win? Champ? Chief?

this is a joke, obviously

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

NCR believs in prison abolition.

That's why they gave their forced labour chain gang explosives and not enough overseers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

NCR needs to build capitalism a ghoul named marx told me so