Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Blackhawk posted:

NZ likes to think it's progressive due to being first in the world for women's suffrage, but if that had to voted on with today's population it would never pass.

Well, we did pass it, and now look where we are??!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

What exactly is Brooke van Velden’s hair situation

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
brooke van velden = homeschooled as gently caress

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Brain In A Jar posted:

What exactly is Brooke van Velden’s hair situation

And did she murder a homeless person on the way to the event?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

ledge posted:

And did she murder a homeless person on the way to the event?

code:
FEED ME A STRAY BENEFICIARY

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
More people voted for the greens in dunedin in the party vote than any other party.
edit: well it was at some point... nvm

Confusedslight fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Oct 14, 2023

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

TVNZ’s commentary is implying heavily that STV is much more sensible for candidate votes, lots of blue candidates in the lead due to red/green split voting.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I couldn't find any polling for my region at all to see if I needed to strategic vote.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Brain In A Jar posted:

TVNZ’s commentary is implying heavily that STV is much more sensible for candidate votes, lots of blue candidates in the lead due to red/green split voting.

100% agree, the FPP system is flawed and undemocratic. We need to bring STV to our electorate and local voting systems.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
roskill and new lynn. and mt albert to national? lol death to israel, death to auckland

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
the greens split a bunch of electorates ? lol

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
Oh no, Red dipshit #20 lost a seat to Blue oval office #40, changing literally nothing about how many seats each party has in parliament overall.

This is very important for reasons.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

Taitale posted:

Oh no, Red dipshit #20 lost a seat to Blue oval office #40, changing literally nothing about how many seats each party has in parliament overall.

This is very important for reasons.

Electorates aren't just abstract concepts, they are communities that people live in. You yourself likely live in one, and having a representative of that community who is not only available to you but amenable to your interests is important for your participation in democracy. In addition to that, electorate MPs receive greater resources for their parties.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Yes, but how does it affect me, a Sovereign Citizen

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Kia ora koutou, if it's any consolation, your mates over the ditch have also given ourselves an enormous, needless punch in the goolies today

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

The Narrator posted:

Kia ora koutou, if it's any consolation, your mates over the ditch have also given ourselves an enormous, needless punch in the goolies today

Seems like quite the defeat :(

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
Hipkins has conceded so I'll take the ban. Closing meltdown since I don't think I'll rereg, I think this thread and the Something Aotearoa discord group is filled with terminally online Twitter brained morons who are more interested in whining online than actually participating in our democratic processes. I think I fundamentally disagree with the concept of an online "community" and that nothing is to be gained from participating in any form of social media.

Have donated my 20usd rereg fee to MSF to help in Gaza.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

what a strange lad

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

one fewer soon

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
It’s me, the normal toxxer

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

Beartaco posted:

Hipkins has conceded so I'll take the ban. Closing meltdown since I don't think I'll rereg, I think this thread and the Something Aotearoa discord group is filled with terminally online Twitter brained morons who are more interested in whining online than actually participating in our democratic processes. I think I fundamentally disagree with the concept of an online "community" and that nothing is to be gained from participating in any form of social media.

I enjoyed ur posts

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

extremely weird to toxx against kiwis making a bad decision, then having a small meltdown about how people are actually good and smart and wouldn't vote for the worst things imaginable so long as house prices go up.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Beartaco posted:

ok

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

if only i'd posted better in the discord... we'd be watching chippys victory speech right now

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Beartaco posted:

lmao

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

klen dool posted:

I enjoyed ur posts
same

BuckyDoneGun
Nov 30, 2004
fat drunk

Beartaco posted:

vintage beartaco

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Mods don't toxx beartaco, so their donation to MSF would have been for naught

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

exmarx posted:

the greens split a bunch of electorates ? lol

Skill issue. Labour should have organised their list around an MMP election not an FPP election.

Hope they're glad they've got Helen White instead of Camilla Belich on their back bench.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Beartaco posted:

this is why we don't do mass toxxes any more, people go and don't come back. I hope you do rereg, even if you're done with this thread.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

klen dool posted:

Mods don't toxx beartaco, so their donation to MSF would have been for naught

Seconded, the meltdown post will be even funnier if they don't get the ban.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Beartaco posted:

understandable, the democratic process blows

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Hey I made it into an odt photo on their website.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Beartaco posted:

think this thread and the Something Aotearoa discord group is filled with terminally online Twitter brained morons who are more interested in whining online than actually participating in our democratic processes. I

that's me

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The Narrator posted:

Not sure why bad things happening in Australia too would be any consolation

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
Not sure it's the fault of the 20 sa and discord posters from this thread that the nz electorate hates beneficiaries, Maori and driving slightly slower

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Not sure it's the fault of the 20 sa and discord posters from this thread that the nz electorate hates beneficiaries, Maori and driving slightly slower

Don't forget potholes!

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Wafflecopper posted:

Not sure why bad things happening in Australia too would be any consolation

As a wise man once said “Everything is hosed, everybody sucks”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:nz::regd08::nz: