Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

We have plastic Striking Scorpions. I repeat, we have plastic Striking Scorpions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Tell me he has Towering.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Maybe I'll be back to painting my Votanns when this champion shows up at my house. She looks great though

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Is this the fourth or fifth Space Marine Kill Team

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Fourth I believe. It's been Reivers, Infiltrators, Space marine heroes and now Scouts.

Edit:
And here's the article:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-scorpions-and-scouts-skirmish-above-savage-seas/

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 14, 2023

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

Cooked Auto posted:

Fourth I believe. It's been Reivers, Infiltrators, Space marine heroes and now Scouts.

Edit:
And here's the article:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/14/warhammer-day-preview-scorpions-and-scouts-skirmish-above-savage-seas/

Disregarding tthe compendium teams -

Phobos is Reivers, Infiltrators, and Incursors combined
Intercession was an online free release
Strike Force Justian was the blind box one

Scouts makes the fourth but I imagine they'll play more like one of the human teams like Kasrkin or Breachers more so than marines being 2APL base instead of 3.

The Eldar side seem intersting as there seems to be a provision to mix aspect warriors despite getting two boxes of Scorpions but i'll be interesting to see how many options. The stream wasn't super clear but mentioned Banshees, Dark Reapers, and Dire Avengers.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

When can I order Votann lady, her link in the email just 404s for me 😩

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

We have plastic Striking Scorpions. I repeat, we have plastic Striking Scorpions.

lol warp spiders, I think it's an office joke at GW or something by now.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove posted:

Little techmarine action to prep for the new Iron Hands Wolves

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The poses on those Striking Scorpions just aren't doing it for me for some reason - they feel kinda stiff / caught in weird transitional movements. GW has really improved by leaps and bounds in terms of making sculpts feel more dynamic but these ones don't look nearly as graceful as I'd expect.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

When can I order Votann lady, her link in the email just 404s for me 😩

I grabbed mine off the gw website

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Lol very funny but reposting their April fools blog to trick people isn't cool

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Whats that you say? It's October? No I'm not falling for... What? poo poo.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
I genuinely think that wins the award for stupidest model ever.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

It's both incredibly dumb and perfectly channeling that early 40k Blanche art in a way that makes it impossible for me to hate.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Centurions: We're the goofiest models GW has made.

Desolators: You might want to sit this one out, nothing is sillier than us.

*Skatros busts through the wall like Kool-Aid Man*: The gently caress y'all were saying?

Like...what the gently caress is that exhaust port cable thing?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shoehead posted:

Do you have a link, I can't find it on the American shop

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Shoehead posted:

I am also having the link 404 and can’t find it on the GW website directly. For something that’s made to order and arrives in 180 days it sure better not have “sold out” in the first couple hours.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I really think they were trying to ape the Tallboys from Dishonored

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Muir posted:

I am also having the link 404 and can’t find it on the GW website directly. For something that’s made to order and arrives in 180 days it sure better not have “sold out” in the first couple hours.

Apparently USA/Canada webstore doesn't even update till 1pm ET which is dumbshit

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Apparently USA/Canada webstore doesn't even update till 1pm ET which is dumbshit

That is dumb. They shouldn’t send out the email with links until those links are live, that seems like pretty basic marketing to me.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

now that hormagaunts have been replaced someone had to take up the crown for Most Breakable Ankles

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Ohhh, that makes sense, but that's also stupid, it went up here this morning

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Devorum posted:

It's a censer, so everyone can bask in the wafting secretions of the holy machine.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Devorum posted:

Farts gotta go somewhere

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I love this model with all my being :allears:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Striking Scorpions weren't already plastic?! I guess Warp Spiders will need to come with a coded release if they can't contrive a Kill Team for them?

Anyway, very happy surprised to get my Marine codex today. I ordered with Alchemists Workshop with a bunch of other stuff all narked as back order, so I thought I missed the initial allocation and would need to wait for the other stuff to come from GW, but they fulfilled the whole thing! Azrael, Gravis Captain and Hellblasters. Probably the bulk of my marine army now besides vehicles until a Dark Angels refresh.

On that topic, I believe it's AdMec, then Necrons for this quarter, then Dark Angels in the next one? DA was top of the list for the quarter but probably can't take for granted they will be first. And after the first 9 months of the edition absolutely no chaos books. But I guess it's a very Xenos focused part of the story now.

And why are we not talking about this backpackless chaplain on a space dragon?

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The only plastic Aspect Warriors are Dire Avengers and Howling Banshees. This will put us at 3 out of 8.

Mr Owl
Dec 28, 2008

Ashcans posted:

The only plastic Aspect Warriors are Dire Avengers and Howling Banshees. This will put us at 3 out of 8.

And Dark Reapers/Shining Spears and that plane that totally counts

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

This will make the 4th Striking Scorpion model.

Warp Spiders have... one.

Admech stilt-man is awesome.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Anyway, very happy surprised to get my Marine codex today. I ordered with Alchemists Workshop with a bunch of other stuff all narked as back order, so I thought I missed the initial allocation and would need to wait for the other stuff to come from GW, but they fulfilled the whole thing! Azrael, Gravis Captain and Hellblasters. Probably the bulk of my marine army now besides vehicles until a Dark Angels refresh.
Flipside gaming got me mine today in the US, along with the Leviathan deck

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I love the stilt man, I’ll take three

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Get

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I can see the Votann Kahleesi now but not the rogue trader book

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Oh yeah, I was interested in the RT book.
And then I can't remember seeing it when I checked the store for the Anniversary model earlier at the same time.

Weird, it is on the front page. But not on the pre-order page. :raise:
Unless you turn on the Print on Demand option.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Oct 14, 2023

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I had to search for it, here's the US link
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-pod-2023

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Failson posted:

I bought a few exactly like that from the Container Store. Haven't yellowed or otherwise discolored after 15 years:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/acrylic-risers/d?q=acrylic%20riser&productId=10019504

I was looking at those and they're not bad, but a little smaller than I want. THIS thing though *would* be perfect if I was able to get longer legs or even just additional ones to make it 6" high.

https://www.amazon.com/Sumerflos-Th...08LVQH11B&psc=1

EDIT: That AdMech dude would actually be very cool in Necromunda/Ash Wastes.

EdsTeioh fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 14, 2023

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

BizarroAzrael posted:

On that topic, I believe it's AdMec, then Necrons for this quarter, then Dark Angels in the next one? DA was top of the list for the quarter but probably can't take for granted they will be first. And after the first 9 months of the edition absolutely no chaos books. But I guess it's a very Xenos focused part of the story now.

I think they said necrons are next but don’t quote me on that. It could be that the overwhelmingly negative reaction to the admech index might have made them push the codex a bit to tinker with it.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

Striking Scorpions weren't already plastic?! I guess Warp Spiders will need to come with a coded release if they can't contrive a Kill Team for them?

And why are we not talking about this backpackless chaplain on a space dragon?

They said Necrons next on stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

The roadmap leading up to Spring of 2024 is AdMech, Necrons, Dangles, Orks, Custodes, Tau and lastly CSM.
Won't surprise me if we don't get an update to it by the end of the year.

The upcoming GT reveal stream will probably be for the other games, and Epic 30k.