Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

kaxman posted:

lol it's at least 3ft tall, it's a truck tire and it weighs more than 30lb also the point is it's not going to loving tip over while it's spinning

skill issue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nichael posted:

I've said this a lot on C-SPAM, but as a half-Jewish white dude in America, the only time I was subjected to what felt like actual anti-semitism, was by this dude, a longstanding aide of wife beater and Democrat, Tom Carper.

Anti-semitism exists in America, but let's be real, it's no where near the sheer degree of suffering of other minority groups or poor people in general.

There is real anti semitism in the middle east but Israel created it.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Tire discourse reminds me of the classic goon zipline where one of the suggestions was to just layer a bunch of old tires at the end of the course to slow the kids down from 65MPH+

A tank tread is half the pressure of a car tire (on a car) and twice the pressure of a human foot, standing. Depending on who it is and what kind of footwear they are wearing, it still hurts when someone steps on your foot!

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

On Fox Business News yesterday they showed a clip from a Palestine solidarity rally in the US. They paused the clip when they saw marshal with masculine features wearing a skirt. The hosts spent the next few minutes mocking that person, calling them a freak, and describing how Hamas would execute that person if they were in Gaza.

A lot of the US right wing criticism of Hamas is thinly veiled jealously, because they believe Hamas gets to regularly carry out their own violent fantasies. The "Day of Jihad" panic also had a good contingent of people cheering on what they perceived to be the imminent deaths of liberals and leftists.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ronald McDonald plays both sides so he always comes out on top.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Majorian posted:

He does look like an aide of Tom Carper.

frankly I'm just grateful he didn't consume me on the spot

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013
https://twitter.com/CyrilRamaphosa/status/1713119923843555783?s=20

He calls it an "almost genocide"

Danru
May 23, 2022

Sorry I hate this garbage account but thought this was interesting, deploying experimental weaponry years before it's ready for service lol. IOF is nervous

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1713232476439466202?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Danru posted:

Sorry I hate this garbage account but thought this was interesting, deploying experimental weaponry years before it's ready for service lol. IOF is nervous

https://x.com/sentdefender/status/1713232476439466202?s=46&t=J2BqIfsmzti0Wyc0pYNkXg

I hope it fails spectacularly and violently.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nichael posted:

I hope it fails spectacularly and violently.

All of the IDF immediately comes down with Havana Syndrome

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lmoa

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Michael S. Judge going off in the latest Death is Just Around the Corner. Well worth a listen if you want to hear someone equally angry at genocide.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

mcmagic posted:

There is real anti semitism in the middle east but Israel created it.

Fairly sure antisemitism has been around a bit longer than that.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Danru posted:

Read this as a laser-pointer defense system at first and chuckled. Those dastardly Hamas with their green laser pointers trying to blind the IDF!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
from the LF days
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgr9lO3Amu8

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

@livingjewishly

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Majorian posted:

Pleasantly surprised to see this. Shocked, shocked that noted anti-war activist MTG is not on this list!

So basically now AOC, Bowman, and others have risen to the level of MTG

Dokapon Findom posted:

I feel really unsafe, guys

I'm the one doing everything bad but I just feel unsafe, yknow?

Nobody ever talks about the deep psychological trauma faced by the people who work in concentration camps

What if the prisoners escape? No one should have to live with such fear...

These people are so whiny

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/wideofthepost/status/1713244282545480058

Haha, wowie zowie!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

"By 2023, energy levels could reach 100 kW or more and the system could focus a beam to the diameter of a coin at a distance of 10 km (6.2 mi)."

puny laser, sad

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

actually surprised myself at how angry this made me

speng31b
May 8, 2010

pretty mask off to just come out and say that you consider dismantling the Israeli state to be implicitly an ethnic cleansing. what does that tell you about the state? 🤔

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dipshit smith

another freak to come out fully this week

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

evilmiera posted:

Fairly sure antisemitism has been around a bit longer than that.

Yes of course. But in the Arab world it's gotten much worse in the last 75 years.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

you need to understand that from fascists like his point of view a single state means Palestinians would vote to do to Israelis what they are doing to them. Same justification as any other oppressive order.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

WaryWarren posted:

the first time she's made me lmbo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

So basically now AOC, Bowman, and others have risen to the level of MTG

lol, touché

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

m

Nichael posted:

Anti-semitism exists in America, but let's be real, it's no where near the sheer degree of suffering of other minority groups or poor people in general.

it's not super obvious on the surface because it's so long standing and institutional and ingrained but whenever a rube says hollywood or the media or the banks, they mean the jews

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

i hate this fuckin poo poo, the format always comes up in times like this

the original goddamn quote is STILL VALENT, like right now!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

I have a loose theory in my head about why the propaganda seems to be kind of falling flat compared to the effort put into it. Everyone always says people are super easy to manipulate, and they can be, but I also think people have an incredible instinctual impulse to read people really really well, and people also seem to have an incredibly strong instinctual revulsion to crocodile tears and whining for attention. People seem to just grind thier teeth on some deep level at emotional manipulation on an individual basis, and it feels like anyone seeing the talking heads pounding on thier message just give off a huge whiff of bitch made losers doing emotional manipulative whining that people can just sense.

Even stuff like that amy schumer post, people just sneer at rich successful celebrities crying about how tough they have it. I think similar to that when people see Israeli representatives on TV and stuff, they never come across as sad, desperate put upon people, they always have an air that i think humans are really good at just sensing, of entitled, whining, and bossy to get what they want, and any time Palestinians appear in videos online or their rare appearances on TV, its pretty obvious how genuinely shook and desperate they are.

I think you can propagandize past some of that, and in an era of newspapers and stuff where you never got to see humans themselves it was a lot easier, but I think its harder and harder in an era where anyone can appear in video, and video is everywhere, and people on an individual level can't hide whatever deep emotional tells and posture we do that gives away a deeper sense of ourselves that people just pick up on. I think this is why Trump was so successful too in part, people could smell how fake and desperate the people he was against were, whereas trump was absolutely true to his core of a big idiot racist, and never had a deceptive front to that.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

kaxman posted:

lol it's at least 3ft tall, it's a truck tire and it weighs more than 30lb also the point is it's not going to loving tip over while it's spinning

Yeah, I've moved a bunch of tires. That thing is easily 100-150 pounds and rigid as a brick wall.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

The Voice of Labor posted:

m

it's not super obvious on the surface because it's so long standing and institutional and ingrained but whenever a rube says hollywood or the media or the banks, they mean the jews

Hey now. When they say "Hollywood," they mean GAY Jews.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?

mdemone posted:

"By 2023, energy levels could reach 100 kW or more and the system could focus a beam to the diameter of a coin at a distance of 10 km (6.2 mi)."

puny laser, sad

lol i think styropyro has built more threatening things for youtube views

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Lol Al Jazeera had footage of a big pro-Palestine march in Dusseldorf. There was a very small rally of Antideutsch counter protesters dressed like black bloc chanting "Free Gaza from Hamas."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

speaking of barrys, has the big o weighed in on this past week's events?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
skill issue
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s27bp7tSXO1r0uzl6.mp4

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

kaxman posted:

I work in heavy industry and have done that too. They're right, and you're wrong. Also do you think 30 pounds is heavy? Get up from the posting station and lift something besides a mouse.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

DiscountDildos posted:

The deranged victim complex is driving me absolutely loving insane lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Another terrorist state in need of Joe biden's freedom touch

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/WarMonitors/status/1713266746960789911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Danru posted:

"turns out it was worthless against missiles, but it worked GREAT to blind scores of palestinian childres at a distance of up to 5 miles!"