Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's not normal, but it's also not so unexpected an occurrence that we should expect Hezbollah rockets in the next hour.

Al-Saqr was calling them "Cuckbollah" last Monday for not launching all their rockets immediately.

Mostly I'm responding to people who see "rockets launched from Syria" and think Assad is there loading the rockets. It could be the SAA, or it could be the PFLP-GC or a variety of other groups.

The assaults of imperialism (like the establishment of Israel, Lebanese civil war and occupation, invasion of Iraq, Syrian civil war) have all shattered the capacity of Arab states in the region and led to the establishment of non-state armed forces and militias.

Those militias still need government sanction or at least recognition to operate in Lebanon and Syria. So long as the IDF keeps picking a fight with both governments they're more likely to unleash the fighters.

The SAA is definitely not going to do anything because they've already got their hands tied dealing with Idlib and the Turks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

What's a "joke"

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

yeah you are right everywhere is stupid.

it’s being reported by Aljazeera which is the only source I trust personally.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

A GBS poster is walking around SA getting people's opinions for a post. He goes up to a C-SPAM poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier." The C-SPAM poster says, "what's a joke?" He goes up to a FYAD poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The FYAD poster says, "what's a tweet?" He goes up to a D&D poster and says "I was making a joke about this Reuters tweet from earlier". The D&D poster says, "What's earlier?"

:eyepop:

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

30.5 Days posted:

lol

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

hey at least he knows theres a difference between a leftist and a liberal, baby steps

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

America would attack thinking that Iran is like 20 years behind then curl up on the floor when their ships get sunk and they get locked into war for years.

you mean commit horrific atrocities to save "face"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Mean Baby posted:

it’s being reported everywhere, it’s definitely real.

I believe it's real, I just won't expect too much follow-through by Iran on this.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

30.5 Days posted:

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

Mean Baby posted:

yeah you are right everywhere is stupid.

it’s being reported by Aljazeera which is the only source I trust personally.

I was more thinking that something being reported by a lot of media outlets doesn't mean it's true

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

30.5 Days posted:

a cspam poster goes to ask koos to fuckin' tone it down a bit. koos says "a 24-hour probe? what could you possibly need a ban+30 for? i can't believe you're asking me for a perma"

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

i say swears online posted:

a cspam posters goes to as koos to fuckin' tone it down a bit. koos says "a 24-hour probe? what could you possibly need a ban+30 for? i can't believe you're asking me for a perma"

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

yeah I think that's what is so annoying about it. She is completely clueless about what Gazans live through, she lives an extremely cushy life, her job is to do the voice acting for a 14 year old's vagina but she puts on the persecution complex. does she think this is helping anything?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Iran doesnt need to do it directly just through hezbollah and others

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

30.5 Days posted:

:pusheen:

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

bonelessdongs posted:

I was more thinking that something being reported by a lot of media outlets doesn't mean it's true

yeah exactly, in fact if it is reported by western outlets at this point it’s more than likely false unless corroborated by a source which doesn’t lust for a genocide.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I think that's what is so annoying about it. She is completely clueless about what Gazans live through, she lives an extremely cushy life, her job is to do the voice acting for a 14 year old's vagina but she puts on the persecution complex. does she think this is helping anything?

adam friedland chelsea clinton tweet but the opposite

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Badolf shmitler, leader of D&Drmany

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

drat lol

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

kaxman posted:

Oh wow 100 lbs of tire striking a glancing blow at the wheel of an armored truck didn't shift the suspension? Amazing.

It sure loving ragdolled the idiot soldier who put his foot in front of it though

he fell over because of the kick, he was expecting to hit the sidewall and be able to rebound his foot off, but it looks like his foot was a lil early and clears the tire completely before it gets yanked down by the rolling tread which made the fall worse but he would've fallen over either way from that dumb front kick

if you put a foot under the tire to make a perpendicular wedge it cant push you out of the way and also cant exert much force on you because it's not rigid, heavy, or traveling downwards at all except from gravity
an irregular enough shape deforms the part touching the ground for part of a rotation and then it'll flop over. without the rigidity from being inflated around a solid wheel which allows the tire to rebound from deformation faster than it's created and maintain its shape, the deformation travels to the next section of the tire touching the ground, which creates an unstable feedback loop of internal forces, bc rubber is bouncy and elastic and not solid at all - you can tell it's already at its limit of flexion because it's no longer accelerating as it rolls down the hill

the way it works is by redirecting the tires forward momentum back up into itself unevenly along its lateral and vertical axes, which disrupts the longitudinal momentum. don't come at me about knocking over tires boi

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

disgusting

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqe29KD5vvI

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Mean Baby posted:

it’s being reported everywhere, it’s definitely real.

It seems clear that Iran sent the warning, the question is do they have any intention of making good on it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

vile bitch

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

PawParole posted:

It has 2,200 tanks

this post should be in the op and updated in real time

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Atrocious Joe posted:

"The Troubles were solved through negotiations and it has led to peace and prosperity, so Palestinians need to reject Hamas like the Irish rejected the IRA."

Lol, Ireland is and always has been super supportive of the Palestinian fight for freedom. Weird how a recently oppressed and colonised people identifies with a currently oppressed and colonised people.

Cpt_Obvious posted:

My family has been actively involved in Zionism for over 100 years, back to the days of poor Russian Jews organizing their shtettles. Looking at it historically, a zion could have saved thousands of Jewish lives during the Holocaust.

But capitalism corrupts everything it touches. What was once a project to save the Jewish people from oppression has warped Judaism itself into a symbol of hate. "Israel" has become synonymous with "Jew", and so have all their atrocities. Now my child paints Israeli flags in synagogue and I just bite my tongue.

Death to Israel. I hate this poo poo so much.

I'm only roughly familiar with the various rounds of Israeli propaganda, but it feels like they have spent decades trying to conflate Jewish = Israeli = Zionist, so that when anyone expresses hostility or even concern about the actions of the state of Israel, or illegal settlements by Zionists, they can be immediately dismissed as attacks on all Jewish people.
Which has the awful (I think intentional) side effect of forcing a perception connecting all Jewish people to Israeli Government actions.
It's pretty disgusting.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

a cspam poster goes to ask koos to fuckin' tone it down a bit. koos says "a 24-hour probe? what could you possibly need a ban+30 for? i can't believe you're asking me for a perma"

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

holy poo poo

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

30.5 Days posted:

lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
I support Diversity, Tolerance, and Inclusion :kiddo:

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Atrocious Joe posted:

Al-Saqr was calling them "Cuckbollah" last Monday for not launching all their rockets immediately.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

30.5 Days posted:

this is excellent except it's byob erasure and it paints fyad in a very good light

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Art

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Animal-Mother posted:

I don't even wanna know Colin Quinn's take on this.

Heh, you reminded me when he went on SNL and did a tribute to 9/11 by bombing during his segment :stat::wal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao