Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Apparently Billy Corgan said in some interview that NWA is going to be "on a top 20 network", so what's the funniest possible option for this if it's actually true?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everwake
Aug 9, 2021

Discord: everwake#0311
Steam: Everwake
Xbox: everwake#3338
PlayStation: everwakePS
Nintendo: SW-0815-2733-9404
Mastodon: https://gamepad.club/@everwake
Top 20 Network in the Anchorage Metro area maybe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ganso Bomb posted:

Apparently Billy Corgan said in some interview that NWA is going to be "on a top 20 network", so what's the funniest possible option for this if it's actually true?

It's the CW for a reality show and I assume Powerrr will be on there too but who knows. He first alluded to this ages ago so I'm skeptical it actually happens.

Of course it has been so long that maybe it's not the CW anymore and it's TV Land. That would be funny.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
The Hallmark Channel

Billy is a big city musician who's having it all, and doesn't have TIME to date!

Until one day when his tour bus breaks down during a rainstorm. Taking refuge in a legion hall, he runs into the National Wrestling Alliance he used to have a crush on as a kid, and falls in love with its small territory charm.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was so struck by GCW's bad attendance that I didn't even notice how bad this spot looks.

https://twitter.com/KVR216/status/1712430333411360977

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bonk posted:

I'll talk to some people and see if they'll let me edit Nicole's match with Daniel Makabe from last month, because it kicked rear end.

duh it’s Daniel Makabe and he’s a drat delight

I’ve just seen her in DEFY and Prestige; maybe she’s more of a killer up north idk but either way it’s still good to see her getting work.

Prestige tonight in Portland was fun; missed the first few matches but it really kept a high energy. Workhorsemen are a perfect tag team and I hope they come up here more often.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I might go to Portland first week of December so there had better be a show then

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

I was so struck by GCW's bad attendance that I didn't even notice how bad this spot looks.

that's some 2 braincell cat poo poo

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

MassRafTer posted:

We get it, you hate GCW. You should really watch more Korakuen Hall shows though because that isn't terrible attendance for a foreign promotion there.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oil! posted:

We get it, you hate GCW. You should really watch more Korakuen Hall shows though because that isn't terrible attendance for a foreign promotion there.

I've posted positively about GCW more than anyone on this forum, I'm sorry that it is a crime to say their shows suck now that their shows kind of suck.

And considering people way more knowledgeable than myself confirmed that GCW's crowds in Japan are embarrassing, I feel comfortable laughing about that too.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

GCW really fell off after Hammerstein, like the sharpest drop ever.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

History Comes Inside! posted:

That's definitely where I dropped off. I always found GCW shows to be hit or miss and I've never been a huge fan of the American deathmatch style, but that show felt like a giant flop and soured me quite a bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I wonder what they'd draw for a second Hammerstein show at this point. It's hard to compare their Atlantic City attendance to their peak because they've been in the Showboat's garage rather than the circus room but it still looks pretty good. The buzz is just gone though.

As for Japan, they drew 472 people for GCW vs Freedoms and wouldn't announce attendance for the GCW proper show. The entire Japanese scene is down post COVID but these are bad crowds.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

GCW I Can't Save You was a lot of fun but I definitely credit a lot of that to me just being excited to see Maki Itoh perform and meet with some old friends. Helped that they had a lot of our local guys on the show.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

I wonder what they'd draw for a second Hammerstein show at this point. It's hard to compare their Atlantic City attendance to their peak because they've been in the Showboat's garage rather than the circus room but it still looks pretty good. The buzz is just gone though.

As for Japan, they drew 472 people for GCW vs Freedoms and wouldn't announce attendance for the GCW proper show. The entire Japanese scene is down post COVID but these are bad crowds.

Technically that GCW vs Freedoms Korakuen with 472 fans from Wednesday was a Freedoms (their 14th anniversary) show, while the Thursday one was GCW, although they were all at least co-promoted by Takashi Sasaki of Freedoms as far as I have seen. But that show compares brutally to the Freedoms vs GCW show from last year which did 820 at Korakuen 1 year ago.

Things for Freedoms outside of the Jun Kasai Produce shows seem bleaker than I'd actually realised, their last just Freedoms Korakuen did 328, back in May.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

forkboy84 posted:

Technically that GCW vs Freedoms Korakuen with 472 fans from Wednesday was a Freedoms (their 14th anniversary) show, while the Thursday one was GCW, although they were all at least co-promoted by Takashi Sasaki of Freedoms as far as I have seen. But that show compares brutally to the Freedoms vs GCW show from last year which did 820 at Korakuen 1 year ago.

Things for Freedoms outside of the Jun Kasai Produce shows seem bleaker than I'd actually realised, their last just Freedoms Korakuen did 328, back in May.

Stardom cannibalizing the Japanese wrestling business, you hate/love to see it :ohdear:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

Oh yeah I remember posting about that when I was catching up on it, such a poor crowd for what was a real good main event.

Only saw one pic of the hardcam side of the GCW show but it looked respectable, not Stardom or New Japan numbers but better than GanPro, Big Japan or SEAd have looked in the past

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I think we have to change the thread title

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
My second contemporary Finnish indie-show. Unlike the last one a couple weeks ago, this was all local talent, so a lot more storylines and build-up for the big December show. Nothing too fancy and they were good at initiating the newbies.

-Slightly smaller venue, about 150 people, but it was sold out.

-The main heel stable being cream/cum themed is appropriately disgusting/lame.

-Two debuts, both took a beating. Looking forward to see them growing up.

-The local Kane/Abyss ersatz was pretty fun.

-The main event was a six team gauntlet for the number one contender spot. I'm a hater of gauntlet matches, but it works in this kind of non-weekly promotion, where showcasing the tag division is more interesting than having sensible fair competition.

-The MVP of the show was Alfa, a two-meter tall bulky guy, who first killed a heel debutant and then came as a replacement to the tag gauntlet and ended up being in the winning team.

-Fun times again. Two more shows this year.

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 14, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Defy's lucha show last night was a lot of fun, but maaaaaybe not worth driving from Vancouver to Yakima and back. gently caress I'm tired. Tons of our guys on the show though.

It's pretty obvious Vikingo is working hurt. Once the show gets posted on Wremix, keep an eye out for the Gringo/Galeno/Arez triple threat, because holy hell that match slapped.

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I might go to Portland first week of December so there had better be a show then
Last I talked to Will, he said they're looking at a December 1st show. He's been trying to find new venues.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Oct 14, 2023

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Gringo Loco vs Hijo del Vikingo for GCW was amazing.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
New TJPW show in america during December.
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1713572374258561334

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Coming soon to Charlotte - headed up by "The Revolutionary" Darius Lockhart - here's ASÉ Wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKKfwXjGQg

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ase-wrestling-tickets-728016385607?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

I'll definitely go if Aja Kong is actually going to be there, I've never seen her perform in person and it'd be worth the $25 just to remedy that

Gresham, The Infantry, Kevin Knight and Kiera Hogan are all advertised as well, should be fun so long as my dorky white rear end doesn't feel too out of place

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So Chris Hero is going to wrestle for Wwst Coast next month, against Timothy Thatcher. So that's rad

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Kilynn King vs. Serpentico at Mayhem on Mills

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Coming soon to Charlotte - headed up by "The Revolutionary" Darius Lockhart - here's ASÉ Wrestling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEKKfwXjGQg

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ase-wrestling-tickets-728016385607?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

I'll definitely go if Aja Kong is actually going to be there, I've never seen her perform in person and it'd be worth the $25 just to remedy that

Gresham, The Infantry, Kevin Knight and Kiera Hogan are all advertised as well, should be fun so long as my dorky white rear end doesn't feel too out of place

Looks like Aja Kong is wrestling Trish Adora at this show so I hope you got your ticket!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

If you're in Melbourne go check out this show, it has Kobashi for some reason

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
kobashi should be managing Cletus, gotta even the odds with This Guy being out there

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Surprised to see Famous B on the card, thought he had retired a couple of years ago, not to mention he barely ever wrestled outside of SoCal to begin with.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Germansimp posted:

Surprised to see Famous B on the card, thought he had retired a couple of years ago, not to mention he barely ever wrestled outside of SoCal to begin with.

I actually double checked to see if it was the same guy, he retired before the pandemic and I guess moved to Australia because he started working for that place this year

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I snuck out of work and had to pay a local kids $30 to leave my rental unmolested. My only regret was not getting any merch because they moved everything before the show even started.

TJPW better double up on the merch.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

coconono posted:

I snuck out of work and had to pay a local kids $30 to leave my rental unmolested. My only regret was not getting any merch because they moved everything before the show even started.

TJPW better double up on the merch.

Not only did the merch sell out before the show started, the merch sold out before they even finished letting in the people with seated tickets before they even opened the doors to the standing line.

I was one of the first people in the doors (which meant that I was near the start of the line and had to wait around by that box that someone literally poo poo in), and they brought an incredibly small number of shirts to sell at the table. Like they seriously wildly underestimated how many people wanted to buy a shirt.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Germansimp posted:

Did anyone ever actually call 1-800-GET-FAME?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Not only did the merch sell out before the show started, the merch sold out before they even finished letting in the people with seated tickets before they even opened the doors to the standing line.

I was one of the first people in the doors (which meant that I was near the start of the line and had to wait around by that box that someone literally poo poo in), and they brought an incredibly small number of shirts to sell at the table. Like they seriously wildly underestimated how many people wanted to buy a shirt.

yeah I smelt that but its downtown LA so I figured that was normal. I was really impressed how hard it would be to fight tanks in those streets.

But yeah, TJPW needs to understand the US wrestling is mostly tshirt business

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
What the hell is happening with CCW in New Jersey? A bunch of people are vaguetweeting about something bad that happened in the company and several top stars are vacating their belts and leaving the company because of it.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Bonk posted:

What the hell is happening with CCW in New Jersey? A bunch of people are vaguetweeting about something bad that happened in the company and several top stars are vacating their belts and leaving the company because of it.

I came here hoping for the same answer. They are based in Houston Delaware, and I went to one show a few years ago. The crowd was extremely right wing leaning (guys in the front row with wrestling signs that included let's go brandon) so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something lovely.

My general feeling was that the guy who ran CCW and 1CW didn't really care about the women's wrestling. But he realized he could get bigger women stars for less then he was paying the men and was using CCW to get more attention to 1CW.

But this is all speculation by me.

Edit: I think it's this

https://twitter.com/TerraCalaway/status/1716824645654241347

syzpid fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 24, 2023

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Sounds like a whole bunch of mismanagement, not just one incident. :ms:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I assume this is why I'm seeing tweets from a year ago RTed today about men owning women's promotions and hiring guys to run their women's division.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yep

https://twitter.com/blkwdxvx/status/1716664857557160042?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
DEFY x GCW has Maki Itoh but also has GCW. Very conflicted.