Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SubponticatePoster posted:

Little local schad: there's an eclipse today. The best viewing will be in the southern part of my state, but you can still see it up where I am at about 80% occlusion. Some people were scheduling watch parties. Except it clouded up this morning about an hour before it started, and now that it's over the clouds are starting to break up.

Same thing happened in my part of Germany in 1999.

Wikipedia posted:

Because of the high population densities in areas of the path, this was one of the most-viewed total solar eclipses in human history; although some areas in the path of totality (mainly in Western Europe) offered impaired visibility due to adverse weather conditions.
:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Hi, I live in Canada and if anyone thinks they can guilt me for driving my car for ten loving minutes rather than ride a loving bike in - 30 degree winters in the middle of the night they can shove their bikes right up their self righteous rear end!

#FuckBikes

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
More embarrassing than the bike fuckers tbh

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Hippocrass posted:

Hi, I live in Canada and if anyone thinks they can guilt me for driving my car for ten loving minutes rather than ride a loving bike in - 30 degree winters in the middle of the night they can shove their bikes right up their self righteous rear end!

#FuckBikes

Ski / snow shoe then and save the bike for when the weather warms up a bit.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/Nne9JQR.mp4

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I backed over 4 cyclists just driving my truck across the street to get a Frappuccino this morning

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Wow it's been a while since a bunch of posters got real worked up at other people enjoying exercise

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It just makes me wish I had a nicer bike. Mine'd shake the gently caress apart and break my rear end.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My bike is so goddamn unreliable but I’m also dreading paying for a more decent one

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

Jesus, 9 hours of unpaid transportation time a week? You couldn't bribe me to accept those work conditions.

It's around 1.25 hrs each way to bike, 50 min to drive due to traffic and 2hrs to take the bus because lol public transport.

With current fuel prices it saves me about $15 a day in petrol and keeps me fit. So eh, not ideal but not the worst

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Honestly my personal equation is about half that for all the numbers (35min/25min) and I also show up to work all endorphined up and feeling great, instead of just angry at the traffic I was stuck in, it's great.

The backlash against that lifestyle ITT is hilarious to me. Goons

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The CIA guys commuting to Langley via canoe was really great but also the locals continually stealing or destroying their canoes was good too because they're still CIA

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hippocrass posted:

#FuckBikes

Madness. I rode my bike early winter and a small patch of snow I wasn't concerned about was actually a pothole and I went over the handlebars. That was the last day I did that.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hippocrass posted:

#FuckBikes

Weak.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Isn’t this the guy who just got busted for making up all of these interactions he’s using in his act?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Every comedy routine is STDH.txt.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah that's just all of stand-up.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Comedians making poo poo up for a laugh? Never happens.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
you've heard of making up a guy to get mad at, now try this!

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

The ones about people going to Heaven and St. Peter riffing on them as he turns them away? Those are real.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

ante posted:

Honestly my personal equation is about half that for all the numbers (35min/25min) and I also show up to work all endorphined up and feeling great, instead of just angry at the traffic I was stuck in, it's great.

The backlash against that lifestyle ITT is hilarious to me. Goons

It's not often a goony backlash to physical fitness. It's often a reaction to bike snobs being entitled, self-righteous pricks toward people who live in rural areas or areas underserved by public transit or bike friendly infrastructure. Personally, I wish I could bike or even bus to my job, but my city is like every other goddamn American city and I have three options:

Bus for an hour and still have to walk 30 minutes anyway

Bike 45 minutes and probably die in my commute much younger than I would otherwise die

Drive 15 minutes

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I use both car and bike but I play both sides by always riding and driving like a total rear end in a top hat so I’m always coming out on top

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Railing Kill posted:

bike snobs being entitled, self-righteous pricks toward people who live in rural areas or areas underserved by public transit or bike friendly infrastructure.

This didn't happen though

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Railing Kill posted:

It's not often a goony backlash to physical fitness. It's often a reaction to bike snobs being entitled, self-righteous pricks toward people who live in rural areas or areas underserved by public transit or bike friendly infrastructure. Personally, I wish I could bike or even bus to my job, but my city is like every other goddamn American city and I have three options:

Bus for an hour and still have to walk 30 minutes anyway

Bike 45 minutes and probably die in my commute much younger than I would otherwise die

Drive 15 minutes

Again, this was one single person describing their own personal situation, and you treating it like some massive offense against people who drive to work is absolutely insane.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

poo poo Fuckasaurus posted:

If you live in a place where bike accessibility is an afterthought then I completely understand these posts. Some of us are fortunate enough to live in places where bikes are not relegated to winding multi-use paths through parks and bicycle gutters, and biking is actually a cool and fun thing to do in places that support it. Biking 90 minutes to work is no different than having a jog or light workout in the morning before you get in your suburban-class light infantry transport to both go to work and actively justify your municipality's war on bikes.

I sure as hell don't live in a place where it's nice to bike, but I used to and it's basically the biggest consideration for the next place I move. Car dependency blows dogs.

I live in one of the most bike friendly places in the world and I bike to work four days a week, but that's because the bike ride is fifteen minutes there and fifteen minutes back again in a worst case scenario. If it was over an hour of biking I'd find some faster way to get there, not because I can't bike for that long, but because that's an unacceptable loss of my free time.

EDIT: Content, sorry, hadn't seen the derail had been told to stop.

PurpleXVI has a new favorite as of 20:38 on Oct 14, 2023

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Borscht posted:

Isn’t this the guy who just got busted for making up all of these interactions he’s using in his act?

Oh god I have some news about WWE

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This didn't happen though

I was speaking generally, not about where we are in the current derail. I've seen this slapfight happen enough times to set my watch to it. There is an undercurrent of ire toward people who drive cars like we have a loving choice in the matter. Bike people make car people mad, and car people drive like assholes around cyclists. It sucks.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Ror posted:

I use both car and bike but I play both sides by always riding and driving like a total rear end in a top hat so I’m always coming out on top

This is the :911: way.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/lfwxbId.mp4

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

They call this the "Dutch Commute"

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
PLEASE shut up about bikes.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
bikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikesbikes

:smuggo:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Borscht posted:

When goon face blindness takes the inevitable "all brown people are the same" turn

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I dunno, I thought that video was pretty funny

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

car defender has logged on

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gently caress bikes, tricycles are where it's at anyway

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I think we need Unicycle Boy to weigh in on the discussion.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Trabant posted:

I think we need Unicycle Boy to weigh in on the discussion.

gently caress him

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

gently caress bikes, tricycles are where it's at anyway

Mad respect to the parent for keeping the kid in frame as they did something stupid instead of jumping to save them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Mad respect to the parent for keeping the kid in frame as they did something stupid instead of jumping to save them.

How else are you stopped to win $10,000 on America's Funniest Home Videos, smart guy?