Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

And nothing can withstand our fixed bayonets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Oh we are the valiant infantry.
We are the alpha team with passion and camaraderie.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Hear us as we shout at the top of our lungs- AAAAGH.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Waaaaaauuuughhh!

I've been shot!

That's impossible!

We shall not allow these aliens to rule we homosapiens!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Don't tell me you forgot the bullets!

I forgot the bullets!

AAAAAUGHHH

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

How come!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Bloodplay it again posted:

We shall not allow these aliens to rule we homosapiens!

EDF5's theme may not be S-tier like EDF 4.1's, but rhyming "aliens" and "homosapiens" loving owned.

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
how is air raider in edf6? it felt good in edf4 and great in edf5

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
It's a split thing. You get very powerful new toys (drones) because you don't have access to most of your remote bombing/airstrike arsenal in a lot of missions.

Saintv77
Aug 5, 2008

YOU'RE GOOD

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FrickenMoron posted:

It's a split thing. You get very powerful new toys (drones) because you don't have access to most of your remote bombing/airstrike arsenal in a lot of missions.

do they work underground

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Yes, drones work in any environment, also some can 100% get you killed with friendly fire if fired from too close up.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

FrickenMoron posted:

Yes, drones work in any environment,
nice

FrickenMoron posted:

also some can 100% get you killed with friendly fire if fired from too close up.
nice

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
I've never died from friendly fire. Unless I am myself considered friendly.

How friendly can fire be, anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

"The Air Force has honor too." is often the last thing to run through my head as Air Raider happens again.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

FrickenMoron posted:

Yes, drones work in any environment, also some can 100% get you killed with friendly fire if fired from too close up.

Does the air raider still get drifting APCs and cool mechs?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Frida Call Me posted:

how is air raider in edf6? it felt good in edf4 and great in edf5
It isn't on the level of half of EDF4.1, but there will be missions where there are restrictions on your stuff and it lets you know. Ranger took back its turrets.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

FrickenMoron posted:

This is good.

Ive always been vaguely annoyed there isnt a bunker buster / drillbomb to allow big explosions underground

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

This Weapon can Eradicate Everything, Including Gods!

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
BEEEAAAMM!

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Scalding Coffee posted:

It isn't on the level of half of EDF4.1, but there will be missions where there are restrictions on your stuff and it lets you know. Ranger took back its turrets.

It tells you now when you can't use airstrikes and vehicles!? holy poo poo. goty feature. EDF! EDF! EDF!

Now if it just lets me equip a normal loadout and a cave loadout and uses the appropriate one we are laughing.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Get burned by the fires of hell and die!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

FrickenMoron posted:

It's not a real air raider weapon if killing yourself and your teammates with it isn't something you have to actively try to avoid doing

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Theswarms posted:

It tells you now when you can't use airstrikes and vehicles!? holy poo poo. goty feature. EDF! EDF! EDF!

Now if it just lets me equip a normal loadout and a cave loadout and uses the appropriate one we are laughing.
It also has toggles for damage display.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

If anyone is planning on replaying EDF5, there's now a mod that auto-collects all drops at the end of the stage so you don't have to spend five minutes running around gathering every last box.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Excited to once again hang out with my large pals who look just like us with their two arms and two legs

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Hoping for crossplay day one so i can edf from bed in style with my steam deck instead of having to dust off my aging non-pro PS4

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Im going to buy edf 6 twice so i can play it with all my pals all the time.

I am glad air raider remains the airstrike wizard but im also just kinda excited for all of them, i saw fencer go full mecha anime and i really hope wing diver is at a good midpoint between 4.1 and 5 this time around. I have no thoughts on ranger as ranger is always good.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
They seem to have given the wing diver a pair of trousers.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

So excited to Air Raid again. I’m going to blow the enemy up. I’m going to blow my friends up. I’m especially going to blow myself up.

The air force has honor too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sandepande posted:

thisisanoutrage.jpg

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azhais posted:

thisisanoutrage.jpg

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Sandepande posted:

This is Primer psyops at work. Likely the work of an intelligent bug.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

good

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Sandepande posted:

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!

Sandepande posted:

Don't worry they will be gone again in certain missions, op.

This game has the most player outfits of any mainline game I think.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

BisbyWorl posted:

If anyone is planning on replaying EDF5, there's now a mod that auto-collects all drops at the end of the stage so you don't have to spend five minutes running around gathering every last box.

That's pretty great for PC players! The game should just work like that, IMO. EDF is all about having fun and shooting bugs and the tedium of trying to keep an enemy alive while you run around and pick up colored boxes really clashes with that. It's really my only complaint about the series.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
As long as I can stick with a proper trouser-wearing WD, I'm happy. Not a fan of the Japanese panty obsession.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BisbyWorl posted:

quote:

Online play is not yet supported.

:flaccid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

Levantine posted:

That's pretty great for PC players! The game should just work like that, IMO. EDF is all about having fun and shooting bugs and the tedium of trying to keep an enemy alive while you run around and pick up colored boxes really clashes with that. It's really my only complaint about the series.

I can sort of understand the mechanic, it's very arcadey and when a weapon box drops within an easy reach, it's nice.

I'd replace it with end of mission rng. Or a bunch of item caches that you can destroy and get random poo poo.