Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
I think itd be cool if I was able to rent dvds from the new stores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

the kids are gonna start renting dvds again the same way hipsters got everyone putting out vinyl and cassettes again

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

didn't that exist before he bought the company?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

yeah but so did Tesla and he still invented that

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

the kids are gonna start renting dvds again the same way hipsters got everyone putting out vinyl and cassettes again

I wonder if they'll use the same cleaning supplies so it properly smells like a blockbuster or Hollywood video

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Musk

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
if i were netflix i would try making shows people would watch instead of building stores no one will go to

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

if i were netflix i would try making shows people would watch instead of building stores no one will go to
*pablo voice* done.

we're making The Circle 2, The Ultimatum Returns, Too Hot to Handle 5, My Fat American Wife, 30 day Fiance, and Hoarders Extreme Makeover

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
was out walking my dog and spotted a computer touching goon in the wild

fess up, which one of you is this

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Brick and mortar Netflix absolutely needs an 18+ softcore section behind a red velvet curtain

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xaris posted:

thats me

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
confirmed

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Well I dunno about all you haters, but I use my tesla buddy to help me fight car related crimes!!!:

What a sweet ride it is! Just the best car!!!

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Xaris posted:

3o

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Boy when Netflix sets their mind on a bad idea, they won't let anybody stop them.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
netflix thinking people will go to their stores and buy physical copies of stranger things instead of just ordering it off amazon smh

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

netflix thinking people will go to their stores and buy physical copies of stranger things instead of just ordering it off amazon smh

they will

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean the problem is, if netflix is trying to do a Disney, well what IP are particularly tied to netflix? They have a few successful shows, but they've really seemed to either want to/been able to tie their IP to their name the same way Disney have with Micky mouse and Disney princess and what not. There a streaming service, you go on to it to watch what ever they happen to have in their catalog at the time.

If some netflix executive heard theaters make their money from selling food, and thought they'd be all bigged brain about this, um theaters are dying, why copy a failing model?

It's like they completely forgot how their own business became successful in the first place.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
physical media is dying but netflix will save it

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

sup with the monkeys and the brain chips?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Nothing. The ground is below you

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

netflix’s favourite thing is killing every show as soon as it doesn’t become the next super smash hit viral sensation so I’m very excited for these locations to close down maybe 3 hours after the doors open

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

some of them will reopen as hulu and disney stores though

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

isn't musk into Japanese culture? I think he misunderstood mono no aware

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

he’s definitely no aware

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Netflix inspired me to build a NAS. Thanks Netflix.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Zeriel posted:

Netflix inspired me to build a NAS. Thanks Netflix.

don't break the law

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

I feel like 3 years ago everyone thought netflix was a brilliant media company run by visionaries, but it turns out they just lucked into being at the front of the streaming wave, and they're actually all bozos

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

all companies are run by bozos

only the dumbest motherfuckers aspire to that poo poo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
only nintendo is run by businessmen with vision

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

only nintendo is run by businessmen with vision

I mean they used to be but when donkey kong took over as ceo in the late eighties I think they really started struggling.

Donkey kong may be a great donkey, but they're a terrible ceo. :(

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

it'll last 3 seasons and then get cancelled

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I can't wait to interact with my favorite hideous Big Mouth characters in an immersive "mini theme park" while enjoying a $3.50 Y3000 - Limited Edition Coca-Cola®, which tastes like expired cough medicine for horses.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

there is no way that tesla potter fanfic isnt bad enough for JK to actually feel shame

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Upsidads posted:

there is no way that tesla potter fanfic isnt bad enough for JK to actually feel shame

she tweeted that wizards just pooped on the ground before toilets without any shame she has no shame

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
what thread is this

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

19 o'clock posted:

what thread is this

elon musk bought netflix

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

19 o'clock posted:

what thread is this
Based on the current title, [MUSK], and the previous few posts, I would say this is a fetish thread. So if you are looking for that then you have come to the right place.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipU495rkyo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bad news for the advertising revenue of X, the site formerly known as Twitter - Advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-14/musk-says-advertising-revenue-on-x-drops-massively-during-war

Musk Says Advertising Revenue on X ‘Drops Massively’ During War
By Gabriela Mello
October 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM GMT+8

Elon Musk said advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war,” according to a post in response to an user’s tweet about her payouts going down.

His comment comes as X faces growing regulatory scrutiny in the European Union over concerns about potential violent or terrorism-related content on the social media platform and concerns over why Koos Group has not yet been permabanned for facilitating genocide denial and genocide apologia.

Musk didn’t refer to any specific conflict in his post.