Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Pillowpants posted:

Why do people love Sami Zayn?

El Generico vs Jigsaw vs Nick Jackson vs Kota Ibushi, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Very good wrestler

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

El Generico was one of the best baby faces of all time. Sami Zayn is pretty good too.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
so it’s just WWE that’s made him kinda lame?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No. you're right about him. he's a huge rear end hole.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not only did they make him lame they also rewarded him for getting Roman and the Bloodline super over by getting him to the mid card as quick as possible and transferring his story to the Usos

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Pillowpants posted:

Sami vs vs Nakamura in his WWE debut is a highlight of that golden era of NXT and is worth going back to

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

El Generico made everyone think xpac was cool again

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

He was in a position to be THE firey babyface that WWE needed in that point in time but they did nothing with him and then he got a lil tubby and grew a beard and now he's making a lot of money hanging with his best friend, I wish the same fortune for all posters itt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Pillowpants posted:

Yeah mostly. Though he just about single handedly carried the Bloodline gimmick into being good, at least for awhile

Ibexaz posted:

He was in a position to be THE firey babyface that WWE needed in that point in time but they did nothing with him and then he got a lil tubby and grew a beard and now he's making a lot of money hanging with his best friend, I wish the same fortune for all posters itt

They split him and KO up onto different shows again though :lol:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They just put his best friend on the other show though didn’t they

It’s like how they were obsessed with splitting up couples, except sadder

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Not only did they make him lame they also rewarded him for getting Roman and the Bloodline super over by getting him to the mid card as quick as possible and transferring his story to the Usos

Also they just moved Kevin to SD (Sami's on Raw)

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Pillowpants posted:

WWE makes everyone lame

Especially those who watch it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

El Generico made everyone think xpac was cool again

xpac was always cool

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Alaois posted:

xpac was always cool

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It's been decades at this point, I'd be more surprised if they didn't do anything to move Sami down the card for getting more over than they wanted him to

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

About a decade ago I had a pleasant conversation on Twitter with X-Pac about the legalization of cannabis (we both agreed on it), so X-Pac has in fact always been cool.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Weed is for people who don’t go into paranoid psychosis and think everyone is out to stab them

:(

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

A Real Horse posted:

About a decade ago I had a pleasant conversation on Twitter with X-Pac about the legalization of cannabis (we both agreed on it), so X-Pac has in fact always been cool.

Weed is boring. I prefer alcohol because it makes you a better singer and more attractive to people.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

Why do people love Sami Zayn?

He's a good wrestler and a great human being

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I heard he's enjoying his shitloads of money from a very reputable source. Let's be happy for Sami's success everybody.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Intruder posted:

even the stories where he's being a dipshit make him sound endearing like the story about how he annoyed Axl Rose backstage after a show

Because if he is a dipshit its an accidental dipshit which makes it funny.

In all the years I've known him, I've only seen him truly mad once. He then spent 20 minutes after his outburst explaining his position rationally like to the point where we were like ok Larry David

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A Real Horse posted:

Speaking of legal weed, last night's Rampage was great to watch under the influence. I didn't realize they started like six minutes early, so I turned it on at 10 and they immediately went to a commercial and I had never been more confused.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

He should grow out the full beard and really live that King gimmick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

stab posted:

Because if he is a dipshit its an accidental dipshit which makes it funny.

In all the years I've known him, I've only seen him truly mad once. He then spent 20 minutes after his outburst explaining his position rationally like to the point where we were like ok Larry David

Oh I didn't mean being a dipshit like being a jerk, I meant like an inability to read the room

At least, based on the story

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDLp18Sd96w

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Oh I didn't mean being a dipshit like being a jerk, I meant like an inability to read the room

At least, based on the story

He's just....Sami.

It's really the only.way to explain it

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I did say it was endearing :shobon:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

I did say it was endearing :shobon:

He did that weird dancing thing at a concert I went with him too

It was SLAYER.

Like wtf dude

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

stab posted:

He did that weird dancing thing at a concert I went with him too

It was SLAYER.

Like wtf dude

its called skanking you bitch

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ibexaz posted:

Sami vs vs Nakamura in his WWE debut is a highlight of that golden era of NXT and is worth going back to

It’s the match that got me back into wrestling so I go between loving it and cursing it for existing but I suppose in the long run I’ve met some cool folks due to this sweaty theater kid bullshit

…gonna rewatch it tonight, why not

stab
Feb 12, 2003

Alaois posted:

its called skanking you bitch

Yes well aware he dragged me to a Planet Smashers show too.

But loving SLAYER?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

stab posted:

Yes well aware he dragged me to a Planet Smashers show too.

But loving SLAYER?

The image of Sami skanking to War Ensemble is pretty hilarious.

And to the people glorifying El Generico for his orphanage work, remember that he had a much more sinister reason for that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv6qrCoN3GI&t=69s

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ibexaz posted:

In other words, he's always solid with flashes of greatness in spite of how he is used, but mostly you should be interested in him because he is gainfully employed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm very happy for him to be making money

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Grendels Dad posted:

In other words, he's always solid with flashes of greatness in spite of how he is used, but mostly you should be interested in him because he is gainfully employed.

I’ve gotta know how much his weekly take home is after taxes so I can know just how interested I should be in him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Grendels Dad posted:

you should be interested in him because he is gainfully employed.

Thankfully I'm not :colbert:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I’ve gotta know how much his weekly take home is after taxes so I can know just how interested I should be in him

46 dollers

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I'm sure many WWE fans are happy to provide such information, as it's a lot more positive than looking at, say, his win/loss record.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

The real sports entertainment is knowing someone gets a regular paycheck for doing what they love.