Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Still waiting for my Blighted Myers skin :negative: I know copyrights and all but let a man dream

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverOutstandingVelociraptorThunBeast-jlIAdnYrSnl-2Ev0

New Trapper skin mori if you want to be spoiled.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

So, the DBD livestream is doing a Critical Role style live RPG session. They're using the minis from the board game, obviously to drive interest in it, but they didn't even paint the loving minis. Just bare grey plastic on the table.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Bring Yui's Midnight Techwear skin back to the shop you cowards.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

rydiafan posted:

So, the DBD livestream is doing a Critical Role style live RPG session. They're using the minis from the board game, obviously to drive interest in it, but they didn't even paint the loving minis. Just bare grey plastic on the table.

Lmao :cripes:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

rydiafan posted:

So what you're telling me is that it's the same as when I was wargaming in high school.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
https://twitter.com/dvveet/status/1712930882305274119?t=MrdJlx80RR2vkMlGgvmTxw&s=19

:staredog:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This event is going to be a lot different, hopefully this is the first sign that they're adding more play modes.

LOL at the people who play Nurse to be OP and get stuck in the Void Realm

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Matchmaking inexplicably decided I'm actually good at the game and now everyone I go against is good at skill checks enough to counter my Thicc Wesker build :smith: back to the Backpack build I guess

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Randomizer is very fun. Tried that archive with Legion, ended up with Pop/Overcharge/Spirit Fury/Hoarder. First two were a pretty okay combo, Hoarder did nothing until the end of the game when everyone suddenly decided to start raiding chests. Well hello there Meg, fancy seeing you here

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

Randomizer is very fun. Tried that archive with Legion, ended up with Pop/Overcharge/Spirit Fury/Hoarder. First two were a pretty okay combo, Hoarder did nothing until the end of the game when everyone suddenly decided to start raiding chests. Well hello there Meg, fancy seeing you here

Saw this on Reddit, someone's random build. Against Oni.

I am not 100% this is real, from the last time there was a randomizer challenge it seemed they actually had several "sets" of perks that didn't go against each other, but who knows.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Having great fun with Decisive/Parental Guidance. Nicely helps DS's downside of the stun being too short by letting you get the gently caress out and disappear somewhere.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

With how weak it is in its current state. Hell: Why not.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Kindred should be too. Already feels mandatory for solo queue and swf doesn't need it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Kindred should be too. Already feels mandatory for solo queue and swf doesn't need it.

I 100% agree Kindred Lite should be base kit. By Lite I mean it shows you your fellow survivors but not the killer aura. Then buff regular Kindred to have the killer aura with greater range.

In other news, it looks like Borgo is busted, spawning waaaay too few pallets. So use your offerings, killers! :D

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I feel the game should have something a bit more organic than just making DS basekit to handle tunneling. If you more or less kill strategies as opposed to providing counterplay then games will get stale and samey because there’s fewer options. Like, as an off-the-cuff idea purely as an example, making the haste from being hit last longer or be granted to nearby survivors if you’re taking a protection hit for someone who got hooked twice in X minutes or has been the only person hooked so far. Stuff that promotes more interaction than just the killer deciding if they want to eat the DS, or just alternate in a secondary target.

Kindred basekit for solo queue would be good though

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I think Kindred base kit is about the limit of what the game can take.

I'm all for adjusting the balance and removing genuinely unfun things from the game but you guys are pushing towards the killer doing a mandatory 12 alternating hooks a round, at which point most killers will chain slug or lose hard. Unless we get another round of big killer buffs again, or even rarer, the game gets changed at the core.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I took a break from DBD for a while, partly because I was burnt out from the meta and toxicity and partly because I got wrapped into Starfield (ugh), but I thought I’d jump back in tonight since the new tome is out.

My second match of the night I’m playing Xeno with a Mori only because I had a daily for it. I’m not paying attention as the game loads, so I don’t notice the lobby is four Twitch streamer Survivors. They send me to Springwood with an offering. Fine, whatever. They then make a beeline for the two-story house that has three dozen loving lockers, which is where I find out they all have Head-On and they refuse to leave the house. I don’t just leave because I want to finish the daily and because I don’t want to deal with the quitting penalty.

What a loving mistake.

I think they hit me with either Head-On or flashies two dozen times before I was able to finally kill all of them. What the gently caress is wrong with this toxic-rear end playerbase?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with this toxic-rear end playerbase?

I mean it's kind of a microcosm of humanity if you think about it. :emo:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only time I get hit by DS is when survivors use it offensively, so give it a shorter timespan and I'm cool with it being base kit, even the tier one 40 seconds would be fine

Kindred honestly should be, or at least give solo queues a fifth slot just for it because god drat

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Doomykins posted:

I think Kindred base kit is about the limit of what the game can take.

I'm all for adjusting the balance and removing genuinely unfun things from the game but you guys are pushing towards the killer doing a mandatory 12 alternating hooks a round, at which point most killers will chain slug or lose hard. Unless we get another round of big killer buffs again, or even rarer, the game gets changed at the core.

The idea is to bring solo-queue up to par with SWF, and then tip the balance back towards the killer overall with gen/healing speeds or something once you have a more consistent performance on the side of survivors to balance against.

And honestly, trying to push the game towards fully spread sets of 12 hooks for the killer kind of is the goal, nobody has fun getting tunneled out of a match early and it doesn't feel like there's much of a game left when only two survivors are left alive and you still have 2+ gens to go. Especially not as the killer when those two bastards start hiding for hatch hoping for the other guy to get caught first. None of the stop-gap measures that make it harder to tunnel someone to death are going to make a meaningful change though when killing a survivor makes such a huge difference in the rest of the game and killers can pull it off when they try hard enough to work around countermeasures. I still stand by a shared pool of ~4 hook stages being the only real way to ever fix that. :colbert:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I really don't want to have the shared hook pool argument again so I'll just say sure, I'm on board, providing that BHVR also reconstruct the basic rules of the game i.e. you repair 5 generators in X time to escape. I don't want 12 hook states to spare survivors the possibility of dying early if Killer becomes such a brutal filter on people capable of doing it that DbD kills itself with the same thing that kills DBD clones.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Oct 15, 2023

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shared hook states is a great way to make tunneling worse. Should I chase Clicky McBoilOver or the clearly new player...

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

It's impossible for it to get worse, because nobody's going to choose to chase Clicky McBoilOver as is.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

rydiafan posted:

It's impossible for it to get worse, because nobody's going to choose to chase Clicky McBoilOver as is.

This is absolutely untrue at all but the highest skill levels. Learning when not to chase takes a susprisingly long time

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I mean it doesn't take that many games to figure out the guy trying really hard to get your attention probably isn't doing anything important and can be left alone

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

rydiafan posted:

This has been my thought on the matter. The current situation already often involves a survivor who's less experienced, has less ideal perks for chasing, or who's just unlucky that match getting tunneled out and killed in 3 hooks to turn the match into only a 3v1 with plenty of gens still left to go, and then people usually just start giving up (which is actually worse than DCing now with the new bots). Chasing someone keeps them off of gens and hooking someone both keeps them and whoever inevitably has to go rescue them off of gens, so once the game is down to a 3v1 it's kind of a death spiral for the survivors if the killer can just keep rotating chases and hooks fast enough. If it's possible to tunnel someone out in three hooks, then the game winds up having to balance around always doing that, and I usually have more fun playing 'pressure' killers that can juggle a 4v1 for at least 8 hooks when played well.

Also if you just keep adding mechanics that make it harder to chase and hook the same survivor to discourage tunneling, better survivors are just going to keep finding ways to abuse their effective invulnerability to aggressively block and stall the killer, and I hate that poo poo.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

This is absolutely untrue at all but the highest skill levels. Learning when not to chase takes a susprisingly long time

And the killers who haven't figured it out with the current game design won't figure it out with a shared hook pool either.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The current goal should be to bring swf and solo as close to parity as possible, and that's going to involve a lot of basekit stuff. Kindred at the bare minimum. Once this is achieved, or something as close as possible, then you start on killer balance tweaks as well.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Playing against a swf is terrible, please don't make that the goal.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Sokani posted:

Playing against a swf is terrible, please don't make that the goal.

They're not going to go away, so bringing solo survivors up to that level so that killer games can be balanced around it would make things much better.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Relyssa posted:

They're not going to go away, so bringing solo survivors up to that level so that killer games can be balanced around it would make things much better.

Yeah the second part is the key one, if you can bring solo on par with SWF then you can significantly buff killers without completely destroying the solo experience.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I would like to take this moment to thank Bill for turning my 1k Plague Garden of Joy match to a 3k since he decided to cleanse every time he got sick, so I had plenty of red goop at the end. You, Bill, are a Real American Hero.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

It's always great when ONE guy keeps cleansing. Not only do you get red pools to use all the time, but if he wants to touch a generator it will probably be infected from another survivor touching it anyway.

Survivors not cleansing at all can be rough because you never have corrupt purge to use, but ALL of the survivors constantly cleansing can be pretty rough too. If nobody ever hits full infection then gens won't get re-infected by survivors and your infection on them will just time out. The supply of corrupt pools will go to waste too if they max out the pools so that they all reset, so you'd constantly need to consume red pools to keep up with that and then any infection you have on the map will just wind up fading out entirely if you're in corrupt all the time. If you're playing Plague then you're probably taking advantage of perks like Blood Echoes or Hysteria that benefit from survivors being injured too, so if everyone cleanses constantly then those perks just never do anything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Random Perk challenge, had a Boil Over abuser use a Crotus offering and any time they were injured would run to the exact same spot upstairs. Easy to get the 6 downs for the challenge when you can just keep downing the same person because you know what they'll do. And every time they did, Jolt did work because there were 3 gens within range. Thanks Claudette!

And yep, I let her bleed out.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Did they ever explain why they took skins like frosty eyes from our inventories and if they intend on returning them?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

Did they ever explain why they took skins like frosty eyes from our inventories and if they intend on returning them?

They said it was a bug and are working on it. Hopefully they fix it soon, how else are we supposed to know that the killer has NOED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Just spent a good 10 seconds trying to rescue one of the hanging bodies on Borgo because I was blinded by ultimate weapon and couldn't remember where the hooked survivor was. Not my finest moment.