Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
maybe we get new people, maybe we dont get new people

you'll just have to tune in, baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mcmagic posted:

LOL they are running it back again, aren't they............

Practices! :lmao:

Oh man I'm actually starting to feel bad for Yankees fans

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Bregor posted:

What the hell is wrong with you

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The crazy thing is Judge is good enough that if he can stay healthy for a full season he can pretty much put the whole team on his back and at least eek them into a WC. It's just that he's also very rarely not hurt for a full season and as a huge dude now in his 30's that probably not going to get any better.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Manfred gonna give him the juiced balls again

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Eric the Mauve posted:

What the hell is wrong with you

I just wrote a 6000+ word effortpost on the 2023 Cubs, there is plenty wrong with me, pal

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Be that as it may, there is never any call for feeling sorry for Yankees fans. Never ever ever.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I hope Ross Atkins gets shitcanned tomorrow

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I didn’t know about Urias DV charges

Never mind !!

That is not a great SP crop

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bregor posted:

Practices! :lmao:

Don't. They can get out of it themselves and if it takes them 50 years it was loving due

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

I didn’t know about Urias DV charges

Never mind !!

That is not a great SP crop

Don't look at the bats

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
there's only two types of yankees fans - those who are openly mcmagics and those who lie and say they aren't mcmagics when they are. in sum, may the yankees and their fans suffer forever while they scream about their many rings, like the ones they won when it was whites only or all the good players were at war

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

The Yankees won one (1) World Series during WW2 and had their two weakest seasons in a 35 year stretch in 1944 and 1945

The rest of the post is good and I co-sign it, though

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I can't even imagine a team with the monstrous amount of profit of the Yankees pulling the "We need to be cost conscious" card

Just kidding, they all do that

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Intruder posted:

I can't even imagine a team with the monstrous amount of profit of the Yankees pulling the "We need to be cost conscious" card

Just kidding, they all do that
Boston is also doing that...they should have more money to spend than teams like the Braves, but they still let most of their home-grown guys walk or they traded them early like Betts

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Yankees are just the biggest example because they make so, so much money even compared to other big markets like the Red Sox, Dodgers and Cubs

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

Bandire posted:

I'd love to see the Rangers bring back Montgomery. Their rotation next year is made up primarily of guys who's arms are at various stages of detachment.

It was a terrible, very very bad mistake by Cashman to ever trade him away. I said at the time that Bader would have to be the next Bernie Williams for it to be worth it, and he was very much not that. Montgomery would have been a very strong number 2 pitcher behind Cole this year, and given what happened to the rest of the staff, that might have been enough on its own for the Yankees to sneak into the wildcard game with Minnesota (and possibly scrape by in three games and get swept by the Astros again).

So they should sign him again, is what I'm saying: 1. Cole 2. Montgomery 3. King 4. Rodon 5. Schmidt 6. Cortes 7-8. Brito/Vasquez looks good enough to me (although admittedly the bats and the gloves are the larger issue by approximately several miles). Do not under any circumstances sign Montas.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah that trade was a head scratcher at the time. Bader going off in the playoffs was a temporary salve, but that never looked good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Legendary Ptarmigan posted:

It was a terrible, very very bad mistake by Cashman to ever trade him away. I said at the time that Bader would have to be the next Bernie Williams for it to be worth it, and he was very much not that. Montgomery would have been a very strong number 2 pitcher behind Cole this year, and given what happened to the rest of the staff, that might have been enough on its own for the Yankees to sneak into the wildcard game with Minnesota (and possibly scrape by in three games and get swept by the Astros again).

So they should sign him again, is what I'm saying: 1. Cole 2. Montgomery 3. King 4. Rodon 5. Schmidt 6. Cortes 7-8. Brito/Vasquez looks good enough to me (although admittedly the bats and the gloves are the larger issue by approximately several miles). Do not under any circumstances sign Montas.

I'm not as worked up about that trade as you are. Yeah it was a bad trade but it's WAY down on the list of bad trades they made. I don't believe that they would've made the playoffs this year if they had monty and if they really want to sign him as a FA after the season they could've done that anyway. They missed the playoffs because of the way they hosed up the lineup, not the pitching.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Oct 12, 2023

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
https://twitter.com/hgomez27/status/1712823714306240909

What the gently caress?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Never shoulda made the door code Eckstein123

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
:rip:

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1712903098346176619?s=20

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1712926553653350726

No one wants the job because they know Cora'll have more power than them and they'll get fired after a couple of years.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They can’t have Dombro back

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Kyle Wright needs the same surgery as well

Double :rip:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

I'm not as worked up about that trade as you are. Yeah it was a bad trade but it's WAY down on the list of bad trades they made. I don't believe that they would've made the playoffs this year if they had monty and if they really want to sign him as a FA after the season they could've done that anyway. They missed the playoffs because of the way they hosed up the lineup, not the pitching.

It was a very stupid trade, just a different kind of stupid than trading for Montas

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Allright I'll do it.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The only qualification is you gotta be wicked smaht

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Buxton and Kirilloff of the Twins are also having surgeries now that their season is over

Both of these guys have a long, long injury history at this point

https://x.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1712966951973118050?s=20

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Buxton is the kind of player I feel the most for. Absolutely has the talent to be a star, but the body just won't cooperate. He's played in just 670 games over a nine year career that started when he was 21. He's gonna be 30 next season having not played more than 100 games in a season since he was 23. It's just absolutely brutal.

Alex Reyes is another guy like that. Remember watching him pitch in 2016 and thinking god loving dammit, Cardinals have a HoF caliber ace who's just 21, this guy is gonna own us for years and then he proceeded to have so many surgeries that he's probably filled out two entire stamp cards for a free one. Even Dodgers reclamation bullshit magic couldn't fix him: as soon as they picked him up he needed another shoulder surgery that kept him out this year entirely.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Supposedly the Twins are targeting a return to CF for him in 2024 after this surgery but I don't think his body is capable of it anymore.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
https://x.com/joadell7/status/1712969479582585264?s=20

It would be funny if he converted to third base, the Angels could use one. It's also funny that the Angels can't find him a training facility or something for him.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
it's the angels, it's not that they can't find him a training facility, it's that they flat out won't bother

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I would totally hit ground balls to Jo Adell if I lived in Phoenix.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The only qualification is you gotta be wicked smaht

If Marky Mark was in that room when Mookie Betts was traded he'd have stopped it

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Anyone have the old baseball gif thread?

Specifically the one where ichiro (or matsui?) blows up the moon.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rickiep00h posted:

I don't have that one but I do have this one

https://streamable.com/ibvel

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

rickiep00h posted:

This one?

the popes toes posted:

The Pitcher List title is golden: Just as I thought, Luis Perdomo is still struggling with his command...

Don't see the Ichiro gif though.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Rats. Thanks tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Oh hey this is neat:

https://twitter.com/extrabaggs/status/1713664707180351531