Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the advertising revenue of X, the site formerly known as Twitter - Advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-14/musk-says-advertising-revenue-on-x-drops-massively-during-war

Musk Says Advertising Revenue on X ‘Drops Massively’ During War
By Gabriela Mello
October 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM GMT+8

Elon Musk said advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war,” according to a post in response to an user’s tweet about her payouts going down.

His comment comes as X faces growing regulatory scrutiny in the European Union over concerns about potential violent or terrorism-related content on the social media platform and concerns over why Koos Group has not yet been permabanned for facilitating genocide denial and genocide apologia.

Musk didn’t refer to any specific conflict in his post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
going to the netflix store like a big dumb loving idiot, like some loving build-a-bear experience for the worst people alive, people who think "binging netflix" is a personality trait

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I mean sure it's true x ad revenue drops during war, but It also drops during not war, so seems sort of pointless to specify to be honest.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

NBC would make millions by opening a physical version of The Office from shitlibs

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
maybe the ad revenue is dropping because of all the tweets containing dead bodies

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

NBC would make millions by opening a physical version of The Office from shitlibs

absolutely.. they could have fake jim and dwight s walking around like the costumed characters at disney

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
netflix adults

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the netflix store was great, but i wish i could have the full netflix experience from the comfort of my own home

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Netflix spends so much on dumb poo poo, but still won't make another season of GLOW

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

gently caress it just bring back spacey

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

George H.W. oval office posted:

gently caress it just bring back spacey

*glass shatter into stone cold's music*

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
netflix tried to stop people from sharing netflix accounts which was a bad idea

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

fizzy posted:

Bad news for the advertising revenue of X, the site formerly known as Twitter - Advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-10-14/musk-says-advertising-revenue-on-x-drops-massively-during-war

Musk Says Advertising Revenue on X ‘Drops Massively’ During War
By Gabriela Mello
October 14, 2023 at 6:10 PM GMT+8

Elon Musk said advertising revenue on X, the site formerly known as Twitter, “drops massively during war,” according to a post in response to an user’s tweet about her payouts going down.

His comment comes as X faces growing regulatory scrutiny in the European Union over concerns about potential violent or terrorism-related content on the social media platform and concerns over why Koos Group has not yet been permabanned for facilitating genocide denial and genocide apologia.

Musk didn’t refer to any specific conflict in his post.

man, what incredibly poor timing. just when 90% of the advertisers who left were just about to come back :qq:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

netflix tried to stop people from sharing netflix accounts which was a bad idea

it was good, actually. it raised subscribers ergo shareholder price has gone up

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

grittyreboot posted:

Netflix spends so much on dumb poo poo, but still won't make another season of GLOW

fuckers will never make a 3rd season of Mindhunters either

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I’m going to go to the Netflix Hyperdrive experience and I know no shame that could ever stop me.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Xaris posted:

it was good, actually. it raised subscribers ergo shareholder price has gone up

subcribers actually went UP after the price hikes? :lmao: humanity's a waste

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Mr Interweb posted:

subcribers actually went UP after the price hikes? :lmao: humanity's a waste
yup. america ftw

quote:

Netflix saw the four single largest days for new U.S. subscriptions since at least 2019 after it announced on May 23 it would no longer permit password sharing between households, according to data from analytics firm Antenna, which uses third-party sources to collect consumer information with permission.
Average daily sign-ups hit 73,000 from May 24 to May 28, a 102% increase from the daily average during the previous 60 days.
The company had nearly 100,000 new subscribers on May 26 and 27, shattering the record high for any day since Antenna began tracking data in 2019, including the previous high during the start of Covid-19, when daily sign-ups peaked at under 90,000.
Netflix stock has risen almost 15% during the two and a half weeks since its password sharing crackdown, and was up 4% pre-market on Friday.

https://www.forbes.com.au/news/investing/netflix-password-crackdown-boosts-subscribers-and-stock-price/

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Filthy Hans posted:

fuckers will never make a 3rd season of Mindhunters either

That's more because Fincher couldn't find the time. I don't even think Netflix execs would've passed on another season

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

RandomBlue posted:

he's seen your posts

God's had him on ignore for at least six months.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

fizzy posted:

He's just referring to this one.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
peace? i hate the word

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

:lmao: incredible

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

maybe the ad revenue is dropping because of all the tweets containing dead bodies

Sounds like McDonald's hates free speech and/or pictures of people who have been turned into hamburger.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
McDonalds just really hates the letter x. Think about how many times you've ever seen them chuck an x into any of their food names?

When will this bigotry end???

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

dr_rat posted:

McDonalds just really hates the letter x. Think about how many times you've ever seen them chuck an x into any of their food names?

When will this bigotry end???

we all know what letter McDonald's is biased towards:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1712509069070614845

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wonder if the subscribers they picked up have cancelled yet once they realized there isn’t enough good content to justify $30 a month and climbing.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

a rare miss for the bee

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

People like to watch Netflix

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Sign of being the Worst Poster #47: When you quote-reply the Babylon Bee seriously.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sharknado slashfic posted:

People like to watch Netflix

that's because netflix, like elon, is ftw.

maybe one day we will get netfliX

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

evilmiera posted:

Sign of being the Worst Poster #47: When you quote-reply the Babylon Bee seriously.

The Babylon Bee and Elon Musk are right.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I canceled my netflix because they literally have no loving movies. Over the course of a month I tried watching at least 20 movies and they didn't have a single loving one.

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
how about a "netflix and chill" store and it's just a love hotel or something?

Weka
May 5, 2019

Asproigerosis posted:

I canceled my netflix because they literally have no loving movies. Over the course of a month I tried watching at least 20 movies and they didn't have a single loving one.

That's because I stole them

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just wanted to watch Tombstone.... elong.... please

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/
Twitter was pretty bad to begin with but Elon Musk somehow found a way to make it way worse. I deleted all my accounts there.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

AWWWW YEAH GIRL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Zoeb posted:

Twitter was pretty bad to begin with but Elon Musk somehow found a way to make it way worse. I deleted all my accounts there.

🫡