Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Xaris posted:

this is what happens when someone's idea of being "A Good Leftist" is solely aesthetics-driven or rather to be more descriptive, solely engaging with the superstructure of reality. when you lack an understanding of material conditions and the substructure from which the reverberations are transmitted to the superstructure, you just end up with an aesthetic ideology. e.g. identity politics. it's about appearances of being in "the right club" and against the "bad people" than an actual understanding of why things are the way they are

actual "leftism" is about fundamental improving and changing the material conditions upon which all -isms or whatever are derived from (abolishment of capital, not as an aesthetic-based catch-phrase but as an actual ideology that it's what drives inequality and all the Bad Stuff).

e: we used to have a good re-education camp thread in CSPAM. it's dead and moved to byob now, but it's still a good primer and a lot of good discussion about what actually makes correct leftist than an aesthetic ""leftist"": https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029201&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

i think we should bring it back to cspam, or make a new one

Good post, and agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

speng31b posted:

I watched the stupid video and scanned through the subtitled lyrics and didn't see anything super insane it's just a thing about Putin hardening his heart to destroy the West lol am I missing something

I'm from the global South and I am giving people the pass

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

that isnt happening come on jack

I'm aware.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
You need training to run tanks and APCs dumbass.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Zoeb posted:

I have a lot of resentment about resetera. I'm permanently banished from there though and have been for a couple years.

The only times I have heard about thar place was from leftists who had been driven out, lol. Didn't it use to be a videogames forum?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

harden your hearts cspam

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly, that brings some really concerning things to the regional discussion. I mean 40,000 troops is a drop in the loving bucket when there's two million very angry Palestinians in Gaza. Sure, not all of them are going to fight but even at 95% of people not wanting to fight that still 150,000 potential soldiers.

Let's not forget that Hamas was able to capture some APCs and tanks and things of that nature. Which even a few of can make a very very deadly ambush.

I mean, two days ago Russia lost a thousand people in a one day assault on a fairly even sided engagement.

I mean we are talking 500 Palestinians to 1 IDF guy

I mean that is completely loving insane. They are completely insane unless this is just a cold calculated maneuver to get the u.s completely involved in a regional conflict. Because if they can get US boots on the ground on the Lebanon and Syrian border either Iran is going to be not willing to get into that loving battle. Or do these guys are going to get hit by Hezbollah or Syria and spark the final leg of Osama bin Laden's stated gameplan.

yeah it took the russians month and 40 k losses themselves to take a single fortified city, they are clearly desperate for the americans to get involved

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

:nice:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Majorian posted:

This would be my preference as well.

yeah sure if you ignore that israel has no intention of doing anything remotely close to that

wtf even is this

if only everyone on both sides just chose peace but also ignore the oppressors doing genocide for decades leading up to this and also i wonder why the avg age of gaza is 14 years old

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Agrajag posted:

yeah sure if you ignore that israel has no intention of doing anything remotely close to that

You have to understand that Majorian is incredibly dumb and should go back to D&D where they belong.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Reminder that the Harden Your Heart song was in response to Zelenskyy applauding Israeli genocidal violence.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Agrajag posted:

wtf even is this

No poo poo.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

sending someone to dnd is a potential war-crime

majorian needs another week in the re-education camp

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian posted:

No poo poo.

stfu

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
May not get official large amounts of troops into Gaza but I believe America hinted they will send "special forces" to help release hostages in Gaza.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Honestly, that brings some really concerning things to the regional discussion. I mean 40,000 troops is a drop in the loving bucket when there's two million very angry Palestinians in Gaza. Sure, not all of them are going to fight but even at 95% of people not wanting to fight that still 150,000 potential soldiers.

Let's not forget that Hamas was able to capture some APCs and tanks and things of that nature. Which even a few of can make a very very deadly ambush.

I mean, two days ago Russia lost a thousand people in a one day assault on a fairly even sided engagement.

I mean we are talking 500 Palestinians to 1 IDF guy

I mean that is completely loving insane. They are completely insane unless this is just a cold calculated maneuver to get the u.s completely involved in a regional conflict. Because if they can get US boots on the ground on the Lebanon and Syrian border either Iran is going to be not willing to get into that loving battle. Or do these guys are going to get hit by Hezbollah or Syria and spark the final leg of Osama bin Laden's stated gameplan.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

he's so mad lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Hope those carriers sink

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Death By The Blues posted:

May not get official large amounts of troops into Gaza but I believe America hinted they will send "special forces" to help release hostages in Gaza.

hope the "special forces war criminals" get rat hosed

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
lets see if it sticks this time

https://twitter.com/ytirawi/status/1713587963974561968

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Majorian posted:

Eat my poo poo.

interesting how quickly the tone policeman resorts to this kind of rhetoric

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

HallelujahLee posted:

sending someone to dnd is a potential war-crime

majorian needs another week in the re-education camp

I won't be going to DnD, but I can't keep posting here for now. I've got a kid now and seeing and hearing about kids dying makes me too sad. Gonna take another month off at least, maybe I'll harden my heart by then.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

IDF seems to me more of a propaganda arm and a summer camp than a real ground force.

They’ve admitted their strategy is starvation of the masses.

US Senators being there seems intentional - they want them to be killed by Hezbollah to goad the US into the conflict.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SplitSoul posted:

Reminder that the Harden Your Heart song was in response to Zelenskyy applauding Israeli genocidal violence.

Maybe if he praised them harder theyll have given him some IDs and woops a single grad overwhelmed the entire ID battery for kiev

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Majorian posted:

I won't be going to DnD, but I can't keep posting here for now. I've got a kid now and seeing and hearing about kids dying makes me too sad. Gonna take another month off at least, maybe I'll harden my heart by then.

stfu

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, the establishment used to be able to disseminate their opinions unchallenged; now you can hop straight onto Twitter and tell them to their faces that their opinions suck and they're an idiot and it always makes them so loving mad lol.
reminder musk bought twitter and is tens of billions in the hole because he discovered owning shares or a board position did not entitle him to ban a user who refused to be bribed for a pittance

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Majorian posted:

this is a very awful situation taking a break is a good idea

also no-one here was ever calling for civilians to be killed

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

These Nazi psychos are why there's going to be a regional war.

theres no way a regional war stays regional for very long

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mean Baby posted:

IDF seems to me more of a propaganda arm and a summer camp than a real ground force.

it's a great excuse to give a bunch of guns to settlers while still calling them civilians

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Majorian posted:

A month isn’t enough time. Take even more.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/PinstripeBungle/status/1713485071888331110?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

Yeah Zelensky was supportive of Israel bombing Gaza the last time they did it prior to 2022 so no surprise some Palestinians wanted Russian to kick his rear end

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol for who and israel is still bombing it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

lmfao

https://twitter.com/shayrixz/status/1713490487955349565

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If the IDF murders a senator, will America still support them? Or will America apologize first and then still support them?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Fellatio del Toro posted:

personally i would strongly prefer it if allah granted israel the wisdom to lay down its arms and surrender without bloodshed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the posters itt waving their hands around and wiping away pictures of dead babies and burgers in their mind palace as they calculate Palestinian losses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Majorian posted:

Well, that's the thing - I'm fine with people living in the West Bank or especially Gaza singing this. If you're literally in the line of fire of a U.S. imperial war, I get it, sing on. But if you're not, cheering on innocent civilian deaths is hosed up IMO. It's bloodlust.

“THERE were two “Reigns of Terror,” if we would but remember it and consider it; the one wrought murder in hot passion, the other in heartless cold blood; the one lasted mere months, the other had lasted a thousand years; the one inflicted death upon ten thousand persons, the other upon a hundred millions; but our shudders are all for the “horrors” of the minor Terror, the momentary Terror, so to speak; whereas, what is the horror of swift death by the axe, compared with lifelong death from hunger, cold, insult, cruelty, and heart-break? What is swift death by lightning compared with death by slow fire at the stake? A city cemetery could contain the coffins filled by that brief Terror which we have all been so diligently taught to shiver at and mourn over; but all France could hardly contain the coffins filled by that older and real Terror—that unspeakably bitter and awful Terror which none of us has been taught to see in its vastness or pity as it deserves.”