Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://i.imgur.com/7wOOfo4.mp4

patience is a virtue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Are we certain that guy is okay?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So many video games with amnesia tropes for the protagonist for crazy scifi reasons
None are for eating poo poo over the handrails or a kickflip gone wrong

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

lmao that a guy posted that he bikes 3 hours a day to work like it was a normal thing and you all believed him. That would be a crazy thing to do! yes im going to put in an 8 hour shift, and then also dedicate 3 hours of my precious unpaid time just to getting to and from work

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

This wouldn't have happened if they were driving cars:smug:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Keep shutting the gently caress up about bikes and cars

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Philippe posted:

Keep shutting the gently caress up about bikes and cars

Are Tuk-Tuks and Rickshaws off limits?

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.

A Moose posted:

lmao that a guy posted that he bikes 3 hours a day to work like it was a normal thing and you all believed him. That would be a crazy thing to do! yes im going to put in an 8 hour shift, and then also dedicate 3 hours of my precious unpaid time just to getting to and from work

Right, it makes much more sense to drive to work on Monday and sleep in my car all week. No commute!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://i.imgur.com/YyfMAI7.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I need a :unsmith: that suddenly evolves into a :stare:

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Ok, Ok! I'll get rid of my car and only ride bikes from now on!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Tristesse posted:

Right, it makes much more sense to drive to work on Monday and sleep in my car all week. No commute!

trying to figure out, is spending every waking minute either working or commuting a bad idea? its impossible to say. Good if bikes?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Captain Hygiene posted:

I need a :unsmith: that suddenly evolves into a :stare:

I was expecting the truck's load to get dropped on top of the bike. Not... that... :stare:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/zjkXtLY.mp4

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Cant park there mate

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

bad_fmr posted:

Cant park there mate

He clearly just did:smug:

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

A Moose posted:

trying to figure out, is spending every waking minute either working or commuting a bad idea? its impossible to say. Good if bikes?

i believe that's a reference to the gbs guy who proudly posted about rigging up his car so that he can sleep in it during the work week, as if that was cool and praiseworthy and not weird and sad

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

bad_fmr posted:

Cant park there, moat

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I remember a comedian doing a really funny setup.
"So, my girlfriend is Korean for this joke, and"

I don't even remember the rest of the joke.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
To the person who first asked about “comedian who makes up stories “. Recently Hasan Minhaj was found to have ~*embelished*~ a few stories in his standup specials. Including a story where he takes his daughter to the hospital while suspecting she was exposed to anthrax.

Also some lovely stuff about the girl he didn’t take to prom. Including using her picture in his stand up.

Lots of think pieces going around about his stories feeling true to the Muslim American experience but how being fabricated undermines the effort for equality.

The schadenfreude is you for reading this

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/UanmTcN.mp4

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Lol

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

everydayfalls posted:

To the person who first asked about “comedian who makes up stories “. Recently Hasan Minhaj was found to have ~*embelished*~ a few stories in his standup specials. Including a story where he takes his daughter to the hospital while suspecting she was exposed to anthrax.

Also some lovely stuff about the girl he didn’t take to prom. Including using her picture in his stand up.

Lots of think pieces going around about his stories feeling true to the Muslim American experience but how being fabricated undermines the effort for equality.

The schadenfreude is you for reading this

The problem with the prom story wasn't that he embellished it for comedic effect, it's that he lied about the people involved being racist and then identified her on stage and his fans harassed and threatened her in real life.

E: to be fair, the New Yorker article mostly seems to be about him inventing stories where he was the victim of targeted islamophobia (a domestic terrorist sends him suspicious white powder in the mail, an undercover FBI agent trying to trick the kids at his mosque into talking about jihad) but the prom story had real world consequences

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Oct 16, 2023

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
I walk to work too. It's about thirty feet from my bed to my desk :smug:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I work in a big bed with my wife.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Pfft. Owned.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Push El Burrito posted:

I work in a big bed with my wife.

I also work in a big bed with this guy's wife.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Trabant posted:

I also work in a big bed with this guy's wife.

I just so it as a hobby now, not enough money in it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Honestly it has to be hard, knowing that your preferred form of transportation is responsible for a lot of the economic and infrastructure problems in vast swaths of the country. There are definitely car-brained people who sit in silence and take their lumps anytime their car splits in half and drives away, but the people who engage are clearly struggling to defend their decades-lost argument and that's probably frustrating.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why don't they just build the house out of the same material as tires, then it would easily roll with the vehcile

stratego
May 6, 2007

I have a suspicion this situation might be fabricated.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

stratego posted:

Why would they fake it when they didn't even have the internet back then, c'mon :rolleyes:

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Captain Hygiene posted:

Why would they fake it when they didn't even have the internet back then, c'mon :rolleyes:

the great artists know that Good Content transcends its era

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Hippocrass posted:

Ok, Ok! I'll get rid of my car and only ride bikes from now on!
Sinkholes will just as happily eat bikes. And pedestrians. And me, and you.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The problem with the prom story wasn't that he embellished it for comedic effect, it's that he lied about the people involved being racist and then identified her on stage and his fans harassed and threatened her in real life.

E: to be fair, the New Yorker article mostly seems to be about him inventing stories where he was the victim of targeted islamophobia (a domestic terrorist sends him suspicious white powder in the mail, an undercover FBI agent trying to trick the kids at his mosque into talking about jihad) but the prom story had real world consequences

It's actually worse than that. From what I understand he invited her to a show, and had her front row, and basically just used it to embarrass her. Dude's a douchebag.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

canyoneer posted:

Honestly it has to be hard, knowing that your preferred form of transportation is responsible for a lot of the economic and infrastructure problems in vast swaths of the country.

I thought it caused problems in the cities, not the country :confused:

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

stratego posted:

All houses are fabricated, you rube

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

canyoneer posted:

Honestly it has to be hard, knowing that your preferred form of transportation is responsible for a lot of the economic and infrastructure problems in vast swaths of the country. There are definitely car-brained people who sit in silence and take their lumps anytime their car splits in half and drives away, but the people who engage are clearly struggling to defend their decades-lost argument and that's probably frustrating.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Um, this guy was parodying the stupid post further up thread, not actually making fun of the car-brained.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

This can still be funny but you have to commit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wTujmZ1c0k

1stGear posted:

Its really devastating to me to hear that most of stand-up comedy is just made-up stories. I'll have to console myself by watching some of my other favorite entertainment that I know is real and unscripted: pro wrestling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvd3aEsThbc

Bonus schad: ebaumsworld.com :stare:

StrixNebulosa posted:

Are we certain that guy is okay?

Shoes remained firmly on, he's OK folks!

prayer group posted:

i believe that's a reference to the gbs guy who proudly posted about rigging up his car so that he can sleep in it during the work week, as if that was cool and praiseworthy and not weird and sad

It worked for Giorgio :slick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhl-Cs1-sG4&t=57s

stratego posted:

Looks more prefabricated to me :grovertoot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Knormal posted:

Um, this guy was parodying the stupid post further up thread, not actually making fun of the car-brained.

You think someone named after a car wasn't getting involved in a car debate?