Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
lol at majorian flipping out over the gaza version of gently caress the police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Buddykins posted:

i need to know what long john silver's thinks

He's a pirate, of course he's against the establishment!

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

FirstnameLastname posted:

lol at majorian flipping out over the gaza version of gently caress the police

Wait what?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buddykins posted:

i need to know what long john silver's thinks

Hush,buddy

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Germany in 1914 and Germany in 1941. Went real well both times.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Zodium posted:

i regret that majorian was taken out before i could chain him as my first action.

zodium what’s the cybernetic systems perspective on what’s going on rn. im imagining some kind of exogenous shock that exceeds the variety tolerances of the system leading to further destabilizing overreactions but idk

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/markets/status/1713617895849136184?s=20

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Majorian posted:

Well, that's the thing - I'm fine with people living in the West Bank or especially Gaza singing this. If you're literally in the line of fire of a U.S. imperial war, I get it, sing on. But if you're not, cheering on innocent civilian deaths is hosed up IMO. It's bloodlust.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Hammerstein posted:

might want to read about 1967 and 1973

Typo has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Oct 15, 2023

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Centrist Committee posted:

zodium what’s the cybernetic systems perspective on what’s going on rn. im imagining some kind of exogenous shock that exceeds the variety tolerances of the system leading to further destabilizing overreactions but idk

the cia gave israel a T-1000

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:
it's hosed UP man

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
this abbas guy sounds like he sucks

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
you can take a lib out of d&d, but you dont have to wait long to have the d&d to come out of a lib

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

So I looked this guy up: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Rumkowski Norm's basically calling Mehdi a huge collaborator. Didn't realize Mehdi was that big of an Israel whitewasher but I don't watch MSNBC or pay attention to Twitter that much. Also lol:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

That's weird. I feel sad for the kids, but adult settlers? gently caress them, they knew what they were getting into

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

That CNN reporter is a stupid loving moron. I hate her.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i dont watch the news but i love seeing clips of reporters interviewing some IDF dude in uniform and everything.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

mcmagic posted:

yeah me too

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hey 🙋‍♂️ just here to let you know that, in your Zillow listing, when you describe the house as "An adorable 3 bed 2 bath 🚨Colonial🚨 nestled in the foothills of Pennsylvania", that you are actually participating in an insidious denial of the mass killing and attempted eradication of the Anabaptists under Huldrych Zwingli 😱

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

mcmagic posted:

you don’t have to watch cnn,

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i don't know man, right now my perspective is abject sorrow.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Thank God, they were so afraid of being stabbed in the back

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The harden your hearts song was so problematic because it praised a known violator of the rules based international order, the same one that is says that genocide of the right people is now okay

Zodium posted:

i don't know man, right now my perspective is abject sorrow.

This sorrow brought by the fist of the empire; neoliberalism doesn't just happen, it is enforced.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/denise_dewald/status/1713590342031663195?t=DOzvft3vGgwHJkZwhNcbqQ&s=19

Lol the covid lady that used to quote Tim Snyder on her Twitter bio during Ukraine now has a take on Israel

https://twitter.com/denise_dewald/status/1713590876029567099

the resource they're extracting is land, the beneficiaries are the west

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Rubellavator posted:

https://twitter.com/denise_dewald/status/1713590876029567099

the resource they're extracting is land, the beneficiaries are the west

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Hammerstein posted:

Israel's notes on '41 Germany stopped at "establish concentration camps and two front war" so just maybe don't tell them how it ends.

GoLambo
Apr 11, 2006

Typo posted:

Yeah well how many times do you think they can keep pushing their luck with that?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Correct me if I'm wrong but Israeli settlers are literally just marching into Palestinian lands and towns and driving them off right? Like literally Wild West America poo poo where the whites simply came in and shot up Indians or Mexicans to take their land? Even if they're not literally part of the Israeli military, I can't see that as anything other than an act of war when it's done at scale and Israel encourages it.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Is anyone surprised by this being explicitly confirmed?
Up until recently, I've (shamefully) only been vaguely aware of the pro-Israeli p.r. campaign, and even I noticed long ago that they are always very very keen to group Israel with The West. This latest Hamas attack has been explicitly described as a major terrorist attack on The West.
How any time there's an attack or violence against an Israeli, they have a good photo and a heartbreaking bio for the victim.
In the media, virtually every dead Palestinian is just one of a nameless, faceless mass of interchangeable, easily replaced 'others'

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Canned Sunshine posted:

That's weird. I feel sad for the kids, but adult settlers? gently caress them, they knew what they were getting into

i just don't know how someone can get upset over a song like that
its an improvised party song lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

you don’t have to watch cnn,

I don't watch CNN op. I saw the clip posted here lol

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Enough making GBS threads on Hamburger University. Where's your degree from, rear end in a top hat?? :mad:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Typo posted:

Reminiscing about the past won't save them.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:eyepop:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Typo posted:

Israel freaked the gently caress out about fighting on two fronts in 73 and apparently put nukes on aircraft before blackmailing the US to bail them out or they would pull the trigger.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte

Dokapon Findom posted:

Enough making GBS threads on Hamburger University. Where's your degree from, rear end in a top hat?? :mad:

The CIA :smug:

No the other one

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Every CNN reporter is a moron. That's their job.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

Israel freaked the gently caress out about fighting on two fronts in 73 and apparently put nukes on aircraft before blackmailing the US to bail them out or they would pull the trigger.

I’m sure they still maintain the Samson option, only now it probably impacts the whole world.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Unrelated to anything but I like your posts Zoeb and I was going to PM this but you don't have them I guess. Welcome to C-SPAM/Something Awful.

Real Mean Queen posted:

Yeah that's always kind of the liberal pressure release valve when a situation has gotten a little too real. You can always just check out, say something vague about mental health, act like you're actually kind of the victim here because it's all been so hard on you, and ghost. It works every time, until of course it's something that effects you personally, in which case you can just throw in with the fascists

Quoting this because it's so loving true and annoying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Western/European powers will join this war if it spins out of control as a warning and a threat to their own internal black and brown population to warn them not to get too rebellious while also laying the ground work for their own fascism. They are seriously pissed they let in so many refugees in the last decade or so.