Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY-k_YVkRKs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Oh and I've played Animal Crossing New Horizons at least half an hour every day since it released. That's a lot of hours. And the Switch Pokemon games too.

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
In regards to Lords of the Fallen and its difficulty: I just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ju5Sj1KNQ and wanted to know if this is actually a legit creative strategy that you can cheese the game with, or if it's limited or hard to pull off. I thought it was rather clever: maybe it'll help people out!

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm nearing 10k hours in FFXIV but an overwhelming majority of that is relaxing AFK in a pretty location somewhere while i work

i think my actual-for-real most played game ever is still league of legends, which my lowball estimate for is probably somewhere around 3k-3.5k hours

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I might have more total hours in the original Shining Force than any other game. I used to run through that game multiple times every single week for years, recruiting every character each time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm scared to check my playtime in Slay the Spire

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I wonder if we’ll get Resident Evil 9, Resident Evil 5 remake, or Resident Evil 1 Remake Remake first.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol who plays a videogame for only 500 hours

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Hwurmp posted:

lol who plays a videogame for only 500 hours

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
but i would play 500 hundred hours and then I'd play 500 more just to be the one who plays a thousand hours of balan wonderland

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Khanstant posted:

but i would play 500 hundred hours and then I'd play 500 more just to be the one who plays a thousand hours of balan wonderland

DANGANRONPA (DANGANRONPA)
LA-MULANA (LA-MULANA)
Dandara Dandara Dandara Dandara Dan-Da-Raaa

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

FutureCop posted:

In regards to Lords of the Fallen and its difficulty: I just saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2ju5Sj1KNQ and wanted to know if this is actually a legit creative strategy that you can cheese the game with, or if it's limited or hard to pull off. I thought it was rather clever: maybe it'll help people out!

it's legit, unfortunately it's limited by how many soulflay charges you have (the two shiny blue dots in the upper left under the hp bars). gotta upgrade the lamp to get more

next one under that is Borderlands 2 at 478 and........ stardew valley at 418 somehow

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

684 hours in hoi4 and 526 in Factorio, 237 in Victoria 2, 195 in Shogun 2

hard to know the Skyrim time since it's across 2 editions and I usually play through skse but presumably it's up there too

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
aw yea post your time played top lists

the secret actual winner not on steam and pretty much the only game I play anymore besides MTGA, and this has only recorded in the last like ~10 months since I started using Prismlauncher:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I like that Code Vein retains player attributes that shape how classes are played, but avoids giving me choice paralysis (or making me Google optimal point distribution), by just tying attributes to the class you have equipped.

I know otherwise I would’ve wasted so much time stressing on the level up screen. Not saying it makes sense in every game, but it’s a good “casual” solution to a problem I tend to have.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I was visiting my friend yesterday and we played his copy of Yakuza Ishin.

I thought it was pretty interesting until we hit a point in the story where Ryoma invades the Shogunate castle almost singlehandedly and challenges the Tokugawa shogun to a honor duel for the fate of Japan

At that point I had check my expectations for the story a bit.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

welp, you can't map 8bitdo ultimate buttons to screenshot taking. feels like in 2023 arbitrary rebinding should be a solved problem.

you can map a macro to a button that you can make Steam Input interpret as the take screenshot command, but that has its own issues (since the macro is based on gamepad inputs that games will still see and respond to as if they weren't a macro)

also i don't liken the Ultimate's dpad very much.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Today I managed to beat Champion's Road.
It took 5 and a half hours and 319 deaths. :D One of my greatest accomplishments!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

pulled out my wii u and played nes remix all afternoon. how is this one of the like three wii u games that didn't make it off

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Modern Video Games posted:

Today I managed to beat Champion's Road.
It took 5 and a half hours and 319 deaths. :D One of my greatest accomplishments!

aw i missed it cause i was too depressed to wake up

good job

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Rinkles posted:

welp, you can't map 8bitdo ultimate buttons to screenshot taking. feels like in 2023 arbitrary rebinding should be a solved problem.

you can map a macro to a button that you can make Steam Input interpret as the take screenshot command, but that has its own issues (since the macro is based on gamepad inputs that games will still see and respond to as if they weren't a macro)

also i don't liken the Ultimate's dpad very much.

I think you wanna use steam's "guide button chords" for that screenshot stuff.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Walmart reportedly dropping physical games in 2024

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/w...mibextid=Zxz2cZ

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anamanaguchi's done a Mortal Kombat remix for the new Scott Pilgrim series
https://twitter.com/anamanaguchi/status/1713415783991128082

They also did the soundtrack for the game, so the series should be a lot of fun :allears:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Do not ask The Forbidden Question

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Steve Yun posted:

what's the spread between digital and physical? Digital has been on a big upswing of course but this seems like a huge shift

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Steve Yun posted:

lovely misleading article title, they're only dropping xbox games.
Also I just learned that the xbox series S is digital-only. You can't even get a disk drive unless you pay $200 extra for the bigger-GPU series X version.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
If they drop one it's not unreasonable to think they'd drop others too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also I just learned that the xbox series S is digital-only. You can't even get a disk drive unless you pay $200 extra for the bigger-GPU series X version.

If they're dropping Xbox games, then what games will they have?! There's not any other consoles with games to carry!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ps4 has plenty of games op

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't see if mentioned often but I wanted to give a shout out to Arcade Paradise. It's exactly the type of game I want when I'm in an arcade mood. It's one of those games I wouldn't call great but that nails 100 percent what it's going for so I love it.

What are some of your favorite games that you don't think get their flowers?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I think you wanna use steam's "guide button chords" for that screenshot stuff.

That does work, but I hate the ergonomics of it. I take so many pictures that I really want a dedicated button.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Thanks for the correction

Captain Invictus posted:

If they drop one it's not unreasonable to think they'd drop others too.

Xbox series s being digital only and 80% of Xbox console sales, plus the popularity of gamepass suggests physical Xbox sales were a ghost town

As of Q1 2023, 72% of PlayStation game sales were digital, suggesting the end of physical PlayStation games is somewhere on the horizon

rox
Sep 7, 2016

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i will watch game credits up to the part where any special animations or credits themes end.

if you want me to stay for the whole thing you can't just go to a bare name list with filler tracks

if you really want me to stay for the whole thing it helps when they're interactive in some way

i like the credits in spyro the dragon where they play a banger of a track and do a camera flyover thru every level

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-mRHJJVDXw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KW1fnDm4IA

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ok the game is good again

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I got a pretty nasty computer with a 4070 and a good processor. what’s a game I should get that will impress on this new rig? Already have ac6 and cyberpunk.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Control

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

I got a pretty nasty computer with a 4070 and a good processor. what’s a game I should get that will impress on this new rig? Already have ac6 and cyberpunk.

returnal

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Hitman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

crysis