Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Missed the third, what happened to Fields

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

brugroffil posted:

Missed the third, what happened to Fields

Injured his hand while taking a sack and was ruled out shortly thereafter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Yep. I'll take that honestly, much more infuriating to watch a QB miss wide open players and not throw, vs tossing a lob up and letting DJ Moore try and win 1v1 he just couldn't fully step into the throw. because pressure was in his face.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Let's go Lions!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kloaked00 posted:

Let's go Lions!

clap clap clapclapclap

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Kloaked00 posted:

Let's go Lions!

You can hear the Lions fans on the broadcast

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cozz posted:

The 14 game losing streak is over, but now it's time to double tank.

Fields is great guy, and he can run the ball very well, but he hasn't improved at all as a quarterback in 3 seasons, so only a stupid team would trade draft capital for him. and the Bears can't trade with themselves.

Lmao some team is going to offer a third and get an absolute steal while the bears kill another qb

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

HootTheOwl posted:

Lmao some team is going to offer a third and get an absolute steal while the bears kill another qb

If some team offers a third for Fields then Poles would be a fool to not take that trade. (which he might be). And if Fields finally figures it out...then good for him.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I don't know why anyone would expect a Bears QB to thrive somewhere else. We don't squander talent that finds new life in a new home. We ruin QBs completely, salt the earth so nothing can grow there ever again

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1713656616816456102

lol lmao

Fire this dude tonight.

edit:

https://twitter.com/markgrotesports/status/1713660110281507139

Dexo fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 15, 2023

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

I keep thinking the messaging can't get worse then it does

Edit radio audio is him saying the center change was because Patrick had more experience at center and would make things easier on bagent, not that bagent has more experience with Patrick. That's a reasonable answer

trevorreznik fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 15, 2023

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I think at this point I want the Vikings to lose.

Lions aiming for the #1 seed.

What year is this.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/1713656511153508786

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

trevorreznik posted:

I keep thinking the messaging can't get worse then it does

Edit radio audio is him saying the center change was because Patrick had more experience at center and would make things easier on bagent, not that bagent has more experience with Patrick. That's a reasonable answer

Except the fact that it's bullshit.

Whitehair has almost goddamn 3 times as many snaps at center as Lucas Patrick.

Whitehair took the entire loving offseason at goddamn Center.

Fire this nigga right now man, just complete bullshit artist.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Oct 15, 2023

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/WillRagatz/status/1713656511153508786?t=wfYkH77YZKwhYOBS0RYZPA&s=19

Edit:beaten

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Dexo posted:

And eberflus too

trevorreznik
Apr 22, 2023

Dexo posted:

Except the fact that it's bullshit.

Whitehair has almost goddamn 3 times as many snaps at center as Lucas Patrick.

Whitehair took the entire loving offseason at goddamn Center.

Lol, I didn't realize that. C'est la vie with Eberflus press conferences

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

Goddamn what a block by Reynolds!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
What a beautiful play that was from the Lions there. That's a Lions, Bitch attitude if I've ever seen one. Super fun to watch with how long it took to develop and how he was short of the first down with a few defenders in front of him too.

Really smart running after the catch there by St. Brown too.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1713669629862723754

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

It's so nice to have a solid defense finally

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/kfishbain/status/1713671295773110644

Flores just completely pantsed Getsy lmao.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

You saw it first play of the game where he's blindsifed by an untouched defender

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The Vikings would absolutely be winless if not for Brian Flores

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

HootTheOwl posted:

You saw it first play of the game where he's blindsifed by an untouched defender

Tbh I think that's something the QB has to fix (unless Wright majorly blew an assigment). Nobody got beat on that play; we just didn't have anyone assigned to block a dude on the line

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xbilkis posted:

Tbh I think that's something the QB has to fix (unless Wright majorly blew an assigment). Nobody got beat on that play; we just didn't have anyone assigned to block a dude on the line

You can't expect your QB to beat a guy he can't see

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He's supposed to see him before the snap.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
You don't know if he's going in or containing which is why he's supposed to be blocked

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Someone needs to be assigned to block him!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

xbilkis posted:

Someone needs to be assigned to block him!

The QB doesn't do blocking assignments

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

So that Jameson Williams guy.....seems pretty good

50% TD rate on his career NFL catches

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I'm pretty sure that one catch will have the media and Lions Fan's completely off Jameson Williams' back for at least the next 4 games.

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

NowonSA posted:

I'm pretty sure that one catch will have the media and Lions Fan's completely off Jameson Williams' back for at least the next 4 games.

Good, its getting tiresome let him breathe without scrutiny for gods sake

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

That guy that doesn't have an assigned blocker? Forget about him Justin. He's going to drop back in coverage.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

It's either the QB or the line depending.

But yeah

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1713694167958732896

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions 5-1 best team in the NFC tbh

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
LET'S GO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNirQXe8HOA

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
those Let's Go Lions chants were loud and frequent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

There are plenty of Lions fans in Michigan with money to burn and a hunger to watch the Lions FINALLY be good. I wouldn't be surprised if there's about a 30-70 split of Lions fans to fans of their opponent if we have a road playoff game.

Even as a big Lions fan I don't know that I can label them best in the NFC, but I think they're comfortably #1 in the NFC in terms of playing well despite missing players due to injuries.

I'd be terrified to play this team if we score a bye in the playoffs and a home game and our team's managed to come back with mostly healthy guys for the playoff game.

Very nice to see us have a really good second half too after how we've been struggling there.