Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. It reminds me a little bit of the NHL's experiment with the "glow puck", except I'm the person earth that actually liked that since following the puck is the biggest reason that hockey is difficult to translate to TV; the second being not able to see the whole ice.
I genuinely loved the glow puck, they should've just adjusted how video-gamey the light streaks along its path looked instead of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

That said, it was very of its time; it was solving a SDTV problem where you really couldn't see the goddamn puck most of the time. These days it's visible and refresh rates are high enough to track its motion without CGI enhancements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

BiggerBoat posted:

Same. It reminds me a little bit of the NHL's experiment with the "glow puck", except I'm the person earth that actually liked that since following the puck is the biggest reason that hockey is difficult to translate to TV; the second being not able to see the whole ice.

Glow puck was stupid. Just follow the players.

The blitz tech is cool because it can catch players dipping their hips for the blitz in milliseconds

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/1712558759669829722?s=20

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Once again the NFL gives the gently caress the cowboys the easiest schedule in the league meanwhile the rest of the nfc east has the hardest.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Asproigerosis posted:

Once again the NFL gives the gently caress the cowboys the easiest schedule in the league meanwhile the rest of the nfc east has the hardest.

It only adds to the humor of their inevitable playoff collapse. It's good writing.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

So you're saying that Prescott is a top five quarterback then? First time I've heard that theory.

No, I'm saying, "this offense is hosed and it won't matter what happens at QB. Exactly what I was afraid would happen as a result of the skewed interception narrative, and now the season is hosed and the brightest mind the organization has seen in decades is gone because the whole loving ship is run by a backwards, regressive, insecure Lich who's 30 year old hangups loving absolutely cannot get out of this team's way."

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

blarzgh posted:

No, I'm saying, "this offense is hosed and it won't matter what happens at QB. Exactly what I was afraid would happen as a result of the skewed interception narrative, and now the season is hosed and the brightest mind the organization has seen in decades is gone because the whole loving ship is run by a backwards, regressive, insecure Lich who's 30 year old hangups loving absolutely cannot get out of this team's way."

Oh. Must have been some other Cowboys fan posting that poo poo. My bad.

I enjoy watching your beloved team suffer but in the games I've watched, they've admittedly managed to look pretty scary in some ways - and I don't know if getting owned by the SF 49ers is a huge mark of shame at the moment either. But you're right that something looks wonky with the offense. Is it injuries on the o-line? Because to me it looks like a lack of talent at the receiver position more than anything, combined with the lack of a power running threat (which I guess could also be tied to the offensive line).

But injuries are excuses, not reasons.

I don't pretend to know a ton about scheming up an offense but I know good and bad when I see it. And teams like SF, Philly, Miami and Detroit seem to be dialing it up pretty well, with balanced attacks and weapons all over the loving place. Dallas doesn't seem to have playmakers that genuinely scare anybody or that a team has to really game plan against. Who am I worried about stopping on this Dallas team if I'm an opposing DC? Seems to me that the move for the Cowboys would be to dink and dunk, go West Coast with it, ball control and find a big runner who can complement Pollard then you can run some play action. Or find a TE or another WR because Lamb is not a #1.

You guys have to figure out a way to win with your defense, taking care of the ball, eating up clock and going old school in that manner. Even though it still won't be enough to beat SF and probably not Philadelphia either. Or even Detroit.

Shame about your lovely owner, slightly above average quarterback (with a 5/4 TD/INT ratio), weak group of offensive playmakers and unimaginative head coach but, on the other hand...

gently caress the Dallas Cowboys.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

That game against SF was actually the first time this season that all five starters on the OL played together.

They had 70 yards on the ground and got sacked three times.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Whether or not Lamb is a #1, he's the only guy that can get open. Everyone else needs to be schemed open, but the coach doesn't give a poo poo about doing that. Teams don't respect Brandin Cooks' speed because Dallas won't use it to stretch the field. Gallup can't get open but they throw lovely 50/50 balls to him anyway. The whole field is compressed in such a way that will show up against teams with a clue. Going forward, the best hope is that someone between the McCarthy Schottenheimer Dak braintrust turns it around. Maybe Jerry trades another first for a receiver. Davante Adams, anyone?

Dallas won't get any healthier than they were against SF. Players the front office gave out deals to, specifically Gallup and Terrence Steele, were liabilities. This is just what the team is: good but still not talented enough, always too optimisitc in their self-evaluation.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They need a better QB

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

The Giants have the hardest schedule because they have to face other NFL teams right?

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

BiggerBoat posted:

Oh. Must have been some other Cowboys fan posting that poo poo. My bad.

I enjoy watching your beloved team suffer but in the games I've watched, they've admittedly managed to look pretty scary in some ways - and I don't know if getting owned by the SF 49ers is a huge mark of shame at the moment either. But you're right that something looks wonky with the offense. Is it injuries on the o-line? Because to me it looks like a lack of talent at the receiver position more than anything, combined with the lack of a power running threat (which I guess could also be tied to the offensive line).

But injuries are excuses, not reasons.

I don't pretend to know a ton about scheming up an offense but I know good and bad when I see it. And teams like SF, Philly, Miami and Detroit seem to be dialing it up pretty well, with balanced attacks and weapons all over the loving place. Dallas doesn't seem to have playmakers that genuinely scare anybody or that a team has to really game plan against. Who am I worried about stopping on this Dallas team if I'm an opposing DC? Seems to me that the move for the Cowboys would be to dink and dunk, go West Coast with it, ball control and find a big runner who can complement Pollard then you can run some play action. Or find a TE or another WR because Lamb is not a #1.

You guys have to figure out a way to win with your defense, taking care of the ball, eating up clock and going old school in that manner. Even though it still won't be enough to beat SF and probably not Philadelphia either. Or even Detroit.

Shame about your lovely owner, slightly above average quarterback (with a 5/4 TD/INT ratio), weak group of offensive playmakers and unimaginative head coach but, on the other hand...

gently caress the Dallas Cowboys.

Going west coast is exactly what they’ve done this year but the scheme is so conservative as an over correction against turnovers that there’s no downfield threat which allows defenses to load up near the line of scrimmage and make the short game a lot harder.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Commanders clownball full steam ahead!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll give Sam Howell and the offense a B+ for that one, maybe only a B. Most importantly is that he’s learning and developing. I like his future.

Defense gets a C+, much better effort and hustle but they still got problems.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Cartoon Man posted:

Commanders clownball full steam ahead!

Just once this season, I'd love to see a game where with 10 mins left in the 3rd quarter I can say "no need to watch this, Washington is crushing".

But wow, the offense in the 4th quarter was garbage, thank god the D stood up.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Howell needs to do a better job avoiding sacks but otherwise he's been much better than I expected this year.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's going to get lost but that first Eagles TD was just straight cheating. I don't think I've ever seen a ref crew overturn a score for a TD like that. Say what you want about the Chiefs, they don't get TDs awarded after review.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

:ok:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

loving LOL

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Bad game for Hurts Green/Green color blindness to rear its head.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LMAO

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol they let him score there, no?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

davecrazy posted:

lol they let him score there, no?

Looks like it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
drat I never knew how bad it feels to have dak as your qb

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Imagine being such frauds that you get exposed by the Zach Wilson led Jets.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

:laffo: eagles

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

davecrazy posted:

Imagine being such frauds that you get exposed by the Zach Wilson led Jets.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What a night for some clownball.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Wow, turnover-prone Jalen Hurts strikes again. The coaching staff should probably retool the offense to avoid putting him in those situations since he clearly can’t handle it.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jalen “I just throw it to green jerseys” Hurts

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Everyone is fraudulent. Chaos reigns

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Giants aren’t frauds, they suck legitly.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
:lol: Eagles

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts is garbage and that game should have been one touchdown less without direct ref cheating

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

Hurts is garbage and that game should have been one touchdown less without direct ref cheating

this is my feeling too, it wasn't nearly as close as the final score indicates

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I love this division. none of us is safe.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Never should have fired Doug, gently caress you Jeffrey you loving ego power trip.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

That was the worst game I've seen them play in years but it was still a winnable game and I cannot understand why they were still throwing the ball near the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
How many runs did the Eagles call all game? If you discount the QB draws, was it even double digits?

Utterly pathetic game, we are frauds, Commies congrats on winning the division