Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Eagles losing to the Jets, especially on an absolutely brutal Hurts interception, makes the Niners' loss hurt a loss less, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Just goes to show the NFC can't hang with the AFC

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

ladies and gentlemen...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Teams have no idea how to assess situations. The Ravens are bad at this but so are other teams clearly. Teams cannot work the clock. Teams don't understand when to play conservative and when to take risks late in games. Coaches are a joke.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Everytime I've seen hurts run this year he's looked like he's looked really slow/unexplosive, what's up with that. Has not had a devastating injury that I'm aware of; should still have some juice left at 25

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwVNuyfhF0Q

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
I am here for the continued humiliation of Bill Belicheck

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Jimmy G has missed more time in six games for the Raiders than Carr did in 9 years.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Thank you Mac Jones for helping cash my Raiders -3 slip. With 1:50 left and Oakland leading by 2, I had no hope, but I should not have counted you out

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

joe football posted:

Everytime I've seen hurts run this year he's looked like he's looked really slow/unexplosive, what's up with that. Has not had a devastating injury that I'm aware of; should still have some juice left at 25
Nobody quite knows but the thought is it's a consequence of him bulking up

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
has anyone said Bill Belichecked out yet

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Suck my dick Eagles

https://twitter.com/iamsaucegardner/status/1713704258338431481?s=46&t=Q9JsEynxHxZ9F2lOwU2Uuw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Zach Wilson beat the Eagles? lol

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

Zach Wilson beat the Eagles? lol

in head-to-head matchups in which the Jets are 2-1, Zach Wilson has posted a better passer rating than the following QBs these season:

Josh Allen
Patrick Mahomes
Jalen Hurts

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The New Orleans Saints are not a good football team. Worse, they are not an interesting football team.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

A.o.D. posted:

The New Orleans Saints are not a good football team. Worse, they are not an interesting football team.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pictured: three more uninteresting teams

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The Detroit Lions have a position in a tie for the best record in the NFL.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Papercut posted:

Eagles losing to the Jets, especially on an absolutely brutal Hurts interception, makes the Niners' loss hurt a loss less, at least

I got back from my afternoon walk just in time to see the 4th and 8 play. I'm feeling much better after that.

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
the eagles' undefeated record against the jets was finally broken by... zach wilson. i'm still laughing, i haven't got the inevitable crying yet.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

Teams have no idea how to assess situations. The Ravens are bad at this but so are other teams clearly. Teams cannot work the clock. Teams don't understand when to play conservative and when to take risks late in games. Coaches are a joke.

lol was this your first time watching a team other than the ravens

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Eagles have joined the Cowboys and Niners as NFC Frauds.

The Age of Lions, Bitch! is now at hand.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

mllaneza posted:

I got back from my afternoon walk just in time to see the 4th and 8 play. I'm feeling much better after that.

Football taketh, and football giveth back.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

lol was this your first time watching a team other than the ravens

I've always thought this that with a few exceptions most coaches have no business running a lemonade stand let alone an NFL team.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

If anyone needs a brief resume on why Arthur Smith is a terrible and stupid head coach, today's Falcons-Commanders game sums it up in four short quarters.

I can't find an answer to the delay of game problems, whether Ridder can't tell time or if the play calls were late getting to him. It felt like the latter, but I'm not smart enough to know these things. One column mentioned the Falcons were slow in subbing on offense, which is defenitely not something Ridder is responsible for. They took two really awful delay of game penalties and should have been called for another.

Ridder sucks, but the play calls are doing him zero favors. Nor is the personnel.

It was not until this week that Atlanta realized it might actually need a deep threat. Instead of, you know, four tight ends who don't go further than 15 yards down the field on their routes. Atlanta's solution was to trade for a used Van Jefferson. Only one non-crunch time throw went deep. By the time Atlanta needed to pick up the pace, Washington could sit back and wait.

Mack Hollins and Jonnu Smith have terrible hands. Smith bobbled and nearly dropped the wide open short pass from Ridder on the TD that was right in his chest. That was the TD where Arthur Smith Decided to Go for 2 Like The Dumbass He Is when kicking the point would have put him behind only 7 points.

So, you have Ridder, still a rookie, having to deal wtih the additional stress of trying to hit a 2-point conversion that was completely unccessary, then trying to make it right when the dumb as hell Smith decision failed.

Did I mention how stupid the idea of that 2-point conversion was? This Jjm Mora Jr. violating the NFL cellphone policy because he had no idea what a tie would do to his playoff chances level of stupid.

The play-calling was extremely predictable today, too. Nearly every first down saw the Falcons throw a short pass. They'd run on second down every single time. Almost every single throw was short and almost all the first down throws were to Bijan Robinson or someone on a very short route, almost screen level short, and be expected to turn upfield.

Also I'm tired at looking at Arthur Smith's stupid teenage mustache-looking stupid face, baggy shirts and the aura of Axe spray he emanates. All while he's sighing at Ridder as if Ridder is 100% to blame for all of Smith's stupid crap.

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 16, 2023

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I love living in northern CA as a Browns fan. The whining here is incredible.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua tops in the league in yardage, touchdowns, passer rating, and YPA

he is also on the best rushing team in the league

Tyreek is on pace for 2000 yards...in 15 games. 2300 in 17

pretty cool offense

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Beat all of them by 14 points too. I don't bet sports, but it's going to be really tempting to bet the Lions against the Saints unless the point spread is obscenely in the Lions' favor.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
5-1 record where 3 wins are against the NFC South is certainly flirting with fraudulence. Lions @ Ravens should tell us something about both teams.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

They're the only team to beat KC this year and did it opening week. They are a top team and they will absolutely poo poo on us next week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

5-1 record where 3 wins are against the NFC South is certainly flirting with fraudulence. Lions @ Ravens should tell us something about both teams.

they also beat the Chiefs so lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You think that's bad, 5 of their 6 division games are after their bye.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kawalimus posted:

They're the only team to beat KC this year and did it opening week. They are a top team and they will absolutely poo poo on us next week.

The KC win was without Kelce, so by your logic that was also a fraudulent win

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They beat each of them handily though, none of the games were close.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Football taketh, and football giveth back.

So let it be written, so let it be run.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
These are the games that the Old Lions would’ve lost on a last minute 90 yard drive featuring five laterals and a field goal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Alaois posted:

they also beat the Chiefs so lol

To be fair the chiefs aren’t very good either right now

The important lesson is everyone sucks

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Baker didn't play well so maybe containing the Bucs and Falcons offenses isn't that impressive but I think both of those teams have pretty legit defenses and supporting casts. I'm happy with the way the Lions handled them.

Thing about the Lions schedule is, uh, it never really tightens up. They got the Ravens next week, then the Chargers after their bye, then the Cowboys late in the year. That's kinda it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No team should treat their division as free wins even if they aren’t very good