Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Funny how anytime a Prometheus could happen, it never does ... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING GJESUS

though i guess at first he Prometheus'd

He knows what he did.

Dad OSHA
and you know he is bothering the hell out of them
"Is that really how you do it? I'd stick the pole in the squishy thing"
"How long you boys been doing this? I have some experience in...."
"So..? What's seems to be the issue?
"How old are you? I'm just curious, is there a supervisor around?

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Space rear end in a top hat,

All he does is annihilate and fight.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://twitter.com/4noha_/status/1713507760309223832

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Why is there always so much chaos whenever I see a Swift truck in a video? they seem to attract some kind of exceptional combination of bad luck and incompetent driving.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:catstare::catstare::catstare:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

PurpleXVI posted:

Why is there always so much chaos whenever I see a Swift truck in a video? they seem to attract some kind of exceptional combination of bad luck and incompetent driving.

they hire bad/new drivers, they dont train or support them, and they notoriously underbid contracts so the drivers get run ragged. the Amazon drivers of the 18 wheeler world

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Ror posted:

That poo poo is so insane. Like I understand how gymnasts and athletes can train crazy movements through lots of practice but there is no way Danny’s taint hasn’t been thoroughly reaped in the process.

Also I looked up the wind turbine video because I had to know what happens and it turn out he just stops and gets off the bike. Which is disappointing but still wildly impressive.

A true BMX Bandit would ride up the blade as it was turning and then drop off the end down onto the next one! :argh:

Mediocre!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"I'm a lumberjack and I'm kawaii."

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

whats the stroke penalty for hippo water hazard?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

whats the stroke penalty for hippo water hazard?

If a hippo eats your ball: 1 stroke penalty
If a hippo eats your caddy: 5 stroke penalty
If a hippo eats you: 8 stroke penalty

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

You dropped this:

👑

2Fast2Nutricious
Oct 4, 2020

Platystemon posted:

You dropped this:

👑

o7

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

PurpleXVI posted:

Vampire Panties posted:

they hire bad/new drivers, they dont train or support them, and they notoriously underbid contracts so the drivers get run ragged. the Amazon drivers of the 18 wheeler world

more specifically they are one of the largest commercial license mills in the country. they will charge you a few grand (via a loan) for a three week cram course for the cdl license in whatever state is easiest to get cdl licensed in in your market region. they get you a hotel, bus you to the dmv, and help you legally change your state of residence to that state so you can then take the cdl test there. There were swift employees also licensed to GIVE the tests, giving them on swift property with swift trucks. The absolute dumbest motherfuckers will be hand-held through not loving up the licensing exams, and have a guaranteed job waiting in a few weeks. then they will stick you in a cab with an on road instructor who will tell you how you'll never get very far as a driver if you do everything the way the class said to do it for another 8 weeks. and then you're loose in the continental united states with an 80k lb vehicle to make good choices.

and then you work at swift, which rapidly leads to hating everyone especially your manager and yourself. the more established guys are besties with the managers and will generally get the "good" loads, while newer people are handling the worst deliveries that exist. anyone who can get hired elsewhere does so immediately when they can, so they're always eager for another batch of trainees for the grinder. this leads to a fleet of drivers that are the worst drivers in the industry and/or rapidly aging out of the job, and then you get videos like that.

STORY TIME when I decided I wanted to be a trucker (lol, lmao), the minimum requirements for this program were age 21, valid license, no tickets over x severity in the last y years, and the capacity to pass a drug test. I was 20 and had been licensed for under a year but filled out the form and they happily hired me through this poo poo (lol, lmao)

chaser: I got assigned an on road instructor who was certified in a bunch of things I was not, like hazmat, heavy haul, reefers, etc. since I was under "supervised instruction" I was driving that loving 105,500k lb thing solo on day 1 of my actual employment (lol, lmao)

e: for context - it's possible to get internally hired into a specific contract pool, like target or wal-mart or whatever. working for walmart is better than just rawdogging swift is how bad being in genpop is at that company. wal-mart

Javid fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Oct 16, 2023

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

:barf:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/khARc4I.mp4

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Aww, his bike has it's own little parachute.

I know it was probably required to avoid the mess of it cratering back to Earth, but it's still cute.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Vakal
May 11, 2008
That is how A.I. sees humans, and it's adorable.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Times must be tough for all those roofers to have to pick up second jobs.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Who forgot to watch some Fred Dibnah videos on Youtube first?....

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

Pablo Bluth posted:

Who forgot to watch some Fred Dibnah videos on Youtube first?....

And "Prometheus".

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

absolutely disgusting

noncompliance with safety rules

Where are her long pants
where are the chainsaw chaps
Tether your tools
Dont cut holes in your helmets for your ears tape them down or get one that fits
Tuck in that goddamn tail

jesus christ we run a safe site here theres no room for this poo poo goddamn

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Oct 16, 2023

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Stoatbringer posted:

And "Prometheus".

It only starts to fall in the direction the guy is running, then it goes to the right. If he had juked that direction it would have landed on him. So in this particular case the Prometheus method of running away was the safe option

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Talk about having a ruff day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hello thread, today I surveyed a school where some clever clogs had installed a fire suppression system by fixing it directly to an asbestos insulating board ceiling, without any sort of control measures in place.

Best case scenario they used screws, worst case they drilled through the board and attached it with bolts from the back.

rip to the guy who did that and also presumably any students or staff that used the room for a while afterwards.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Hello thread, today I surveyed a school where some clever clogs had installed a fire suppression system by fixing it directly to an asbestos insulating board ceiling, without any sort of control measures in place.

Best case scenario they used screws, worst case they drilled through the board and attached it with bolts from the back.

rip to the guy who did that and also presumably any students or staff that used the room for a while afterwards.

At first I thought you said "I survived a school" and then reread it and realized that it actually works either way.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

You can't bark here, mate.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

DrPossum posted:

at least that guy isn't going to have to drive a truck again

At Swift? He's probably one of their trainers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Rigged Death Trap posted:

absolutely disgusting

noncompliance with safety rules

Where are her long pants
where are the chainsaw chaps
Tether your tools
Dont cut holes in your helmets for your ears tape them down or get one that fits
Tuck in that goddamn tail

jesus christ we run a safe site here theres no room for this poo poo goddamn

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/VOorc1M.mp4

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

I want to ride the big blue finger remover.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
The steamroller is some Looney Tunes poo poo.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s2ceyanZhA1zzqx84.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Hell yeah, gently caress that snowman up, Brother

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I love how they stand literally inches away from the max swing of the glass then act surprised when they get blasted by broken glass. But that video rules dudes rock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

It's not as good as the one where they replaced all the sounds with sounds from Half-Life.