Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm just glad I don't ever have to see him guesting on red letter media again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
Rosanne Barr making such bad racist and Q-Anon posts online that they killed off her character off-screen in a then career reviving series that bore her name and going on without her entirely.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

great big cardboard tube posted:

I'm just glad I don't ever have to see him guesting on red letter media again

its very clear they are kinda uncomfortable with him. like everyone makes fun of rich, but he got really really stupidly intense the whole time.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Jestery posted:

Yeah Tara strong got into weird veteran affairs with a chud husband or some poo poo

This one is pretty disappointing. Tara Strong has done a lot of great and weird work and it's a shame she's continually jumping off the deep end. I hope she gets the help she deserves.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 15, 2023

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Did we already mention the Dan Rather/GW Bush letter that more or less ended his long and respected career probably not only a bit earlier but more completely than it should have?

Long story short: Rather went to news with unproven documents against then-President Bush. Backlash was pretty severe when that came out a lot of people have pretty much said that's why he wasn't kept on when his contract was up.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
Charlie Sheen was the lead in a super popular hit sitcom, then decided to go on a coke bender and piss it all away. I'm not sure if the following is true, but I heard it's because he contracted AIDS and that caused him to go insane.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i love how people still want the "AYER CUT" to that awful suicide squad movie. like lol

Impossible to conceive of it being worse than what actually hit the screen, but no rational person would conclude it would be a lost cinematic treasure.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Torquemada posted:

Impossible to conceive of it being worse than what actually hit the screen, but no rational person would conclude it would be a lost cinematic treasure.

the lost Ayer cut is like an hour of Leto Joker + the rest of the movie

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Suicide Squad really should have been the end of Leto's acting career but the dude only seems able to fail upward so I highly doubt we've seen the last of him.

Remember when he started a cult?

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
is t the cult still going

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

emSparkly posted:

Suicide Squad really should have been the end of Leto's acting career but the dude only seems able to fail upward so I highly doubt we've seen the last of him.

I saw "Gucci" in the theaters. My reaction was that it wasn't bad, but I wondered who the gigantic ham they got to play Pablo Gucci was.

Looked it up and it was Leto in a fat suit and bald cap. I had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2w82j7XS8

This guy has the devil's luck

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
A lady I knew in Development had to spend a weekend wining and dining him. It was super validating when she confirmed my belief that he’s a total loving chode.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Extra Large Marge posted:

I saw "Gucci" in the theaters. My reaction was that it wasn't bad, but I wondered who the gigantic ham they got to play Pablo Gucci was.

Looked it up and it was Leto in a fat suit and bald cap. I had no idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd2w82j7XS8

This guy has the devil's luck

https://youtu.be/O38-IuOmExU?si=NYHdp-dyfyWNCy5j

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

emSparkly posted:

Does he not still have the cult? If not what happened?

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!
Did anyone mention Don Imus yet?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

HateTheInternet posted:

Did anyone mention Don Imus yet?

Yeah but nobody ever mentioned when Marv Albert's poo poo broke

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

He hasn't made a comeback right? I don't keep up with much but I'm positive I haven't heard about a Mel Gibson movie in 10 or more years.

He did a fun "angry old man Santa" movie with Walton Goggins a few years ago. I enjoyed it. Pity about the racist gently caress playing Santa though.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

MrQwerty posted:

Yeah but nobody ever mentioned when Marv Albert's poo poo broke

Downgrading from the Knicks to the Nets wasn’t exactly just punishment for sexually assaulting a woman. Creepy gently caress.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Is the most recent implosion the Dilbert guy going full mask off racist? He also just kept doubling down until everyone cut ties

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Thesaurus posted:

Is the most recent implosion the Dilbert guy going full mask off racist? He also just kept doubling down until everyone cut ties

Certainly the point when he was so racist that newspapers just dropped him en mass should be considered the purview of this thread.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Josh Trank was on the rise and given the Fantastic Four movie, which was going to be the start of a new franchise and potentially cross over with the X-Men.

Instead he went nuts, his dogs destroyed the house he was renting, and never showed up to direct which had the writer step in and do it while Trank still received credit. He claimed studio interference messed with the movie to explain why it was so bad but the scenes he talked about were never filmed. This also led to some of the funniest reshoots where you can see Kate Mara in a terrible wig that doesn't look anything like the earlier shoots.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Nelson Mandingo posted:

This one is pretty disappointing. Tara Strong has done a lot of great and weird work and it's a shame she's continually jumping off the deep end. I hope she gets the help she deserves.

I always liked her stuff and yeah, this is awful to hear. I never heard of her eing loopy before though, just that she was a loud liberal and that the 4chan and other fascist crews, of course, hated her and considered her a screaming Communist who wanted all white men dead.

Gatto Grigio
Feb 9, 2020

Outpost22 posted:

Charlie Sheen was the lead in a super popular hit sitcom, then decided to go on a coke bender and piss it all away. I'm not sure if the following is true, but I heard it's because he contracted AIDS and that caused him to go insane.

Best part after his AIDS revelation was that search engine queries for “HIV” and related topics spiked so high that the trend was named “the Charlie Sheen Effect” and examined in actual medical journals.

Geez, Charlie, just how many people did you gently caress?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

LOL I just want to laugh at those clowns behind Game of Thrones.

And this quote lives "rent free" in my head still:

"Danni kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet"

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Edward Mass posted:

John Landis’ directing career died when Vic Morrow was decapitated, I forgot about that.

He did Thriller, Trading Places, Three Amigos and Coming to America all after that. A pretty spotty record of movies did more harm than causing an actor and children to die.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

redshirt posted:

No idea why they were in such a hurry to get done with GoT. Far as I can tell, neither of them has done anything even remotely as relevant before or since. Definitely one of the bigger Dunning–Kruger moments in recent entertainment history.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

redshirt posted:

What was that quote from?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Skippy McPants posted:

No idea why they were in such a hurry to get done with GoT. Far as I can tell, neither of them has done anything even remotely as relevant before or since. Definitely one of the bigger Dunning–Kruger moments in recent entertainment history.

They were supposed to go make Star Wars stuff for Star Wars money but whoops

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Johan Santana

Destroyed his body delivering the first Mets no hitter

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

redshirt posted:

Another good one: "Themes are for eighth grade book reports".

Skippy McPants posted:

No idea why they were in such a hurry to get done with GoT.

Like BATS FLY says, I guess they were in a hurry to jump on to Star Wars, but then after GoT poo poo the bed with the lights on, they kinda got fired from everything. Everyone else, including George Rail Road Martin himself was confused by the decision to just cut and run on GoT because they could've kept going for several years -- and probably should have, considering how one of the biggest failures of the show was that they rushed the ending to such a comical degree that it ruined the whole loving thing.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

that shits the best because they had the world by the rear end and then pissed it mostly away because they couldnt stick the landing. they had loving star wars money being rolled toward them so they loving rushed the ending so bad that show is basicaly dead least until house of the dragons came back and was actually good.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

That Works posted:

What was that quote from?

They used to do an interview segment after each new episode. That quote is from one of the episodes, the one where one of the dragons gets shot out of the sky by the Iron Fleet.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

that shits the best because they had the world by the rear end and then pissed it mostly away because they couldnt stick the landing. they had loving star wars money being rolled toward them so they loving rushed the ending so bad that show is basicaly dead least until house of the dragons came back and was actually good.

Like a Greek legend about Hubris and mocking the Gods.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

because they could've kept going for several years -- and probably should have, considering how one of the biggest failures of the show was that they rushed the ending to such a comical degree that it ruined the whole loving thing.

But enough about LOST

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

Like a Greek legend about Hubris and mocking the Gods.

yeah i just find it funny. i follow alot of media creatives of late and the smart ones take their time with poo poo and only show off oppertunties when they are fully done. these stupid fucks just decided to "yeah idk it all ends bad and the cripple is king just like dune" and then ended it. what sucks is i could think of like 20 or so easy fixes that would have softened alot of the badness without even changing that much.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Bonzo posted:

But enough about LOST

Lost was kinda the opposite: The producers/studio pressured them to keep going, and they did, even though I think they wanted to wrap it up after 4 or 5 seasons.

Also, no one's career was hurt/ended by Lost, except maybe Mathew Shepards, but that was for non Lost reasons.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Kind of funny to see the two extremes, the GoT show runners rushed the ending to be done with it, while GRRM seems uninterested in finishing the books at all

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

They were supposed to go make Star Wars stuff for Star Wars money but whoops

Don't forget their other post GOT project was an alternate history series where the Confederacy won the American Civil War (which thankfully didn't get past the planning stage).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Don't forget their other post GOT project was an alternate history series where the Confederacy won the American Civil War (which thankfully didn't get past the planning stage).

Good god I remember that, and the film CSA Confederate States of America already exists and is pretty solid/depressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Oof. Whoever stood up in those meetings and said “maybe this isn’t such a great idea” is a goddamned hero.