Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ikanreed posted:

Hamas is so evil, it forced Israel to kill their own citizens

it's like that scene in the 1987 Robocop movie where he shoots the nards off the bad dude holding a hostage. but instead Robocop is shooting the nards off everyone including the hostages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
has Nasrallah appeared and seen his shadow yet?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:owned:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

hubris.height posted:

classic hostage negotiation tactic: tank shells

they are beyond politics, no chance for negotiation or dialogue, absolutely nothing will get in the way of settler expansion

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

ksa ftw

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

ikanreed posted:

Hamas is so evil, it forced Israel to kill their own citizens

i have had israel defenders say literally this to me, not as a joke. as a serious statement.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

neutral milf hotel posted:

it's like that scene in the 1987 Robocop movie where he shoots the nards off the bad dude holding a hostage. but instead Robocop is shooting the nards off everyone including the hostages.

the exact what-if scene you're describing was also made into a video.
nws
https://vimeo.com/86014703

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

you can disagree with the methods but since its implementation in 1986 no one has dared take an israeli hostage

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

LTK

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

So this was Israel's 9/11 in that it was an inside job

also involved dancing israelis

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bonesaw ftw

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Power move

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
mr blinken, if you will please stand on this red X and not move

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

this loser is probably one of the most incompetent turds in an administration packed with incompetent turds

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hammerstein posted:

Something like this??

goldmine

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

the exact what-if scene you're describing was also made into a video.
nws
https://vimeo.com/86014703

lol yeah I was thinking about this same exact clip

it's a masterpiece

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

gradenko_2000 posted:

So this was Israel's 9/11 in that it was an inside job

guy in a keffiyeh telling a dreadlocked white girl not to go to the rave tomorrow

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

mr secretary, the crown prince is there to meet you at the end of this tunnel. it looks like it was painted on the wall but if you run really fast at it you should see him soon

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

secretary blinken, mbs is just under this box with burning red sticks all over it

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

:sad:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Al! posted:

mr blinken, if you will please stand on this red X and not move

lol.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

the dove of peace flies off with Rishi in its beak

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

So according to this woman's testimony, the IDF launched tank shells into the hostage room and killed nearly everybody save the one Hamas guy, his hostage (the woman speaking), and a friend of hers from the kibbutz. But if he hadn't decided to surrender using her as a shield and for her to yell out, pretty much everyone would have died instead.

It looks like the Israeli strategy is to blow everything up indiscriminately and sort out the survivors afterward.

Wow, sounds like the good guys for sure! :shepface:

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

I'm getting the feeling that the USA had a pretty good run and it's over.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Blinken is in Israel today and "underlined [United States'] firm support for Israel", probably negotiating the price for the upcoming war and what it will mean for US when this inevitably spirals after a ground invasion of Gaza. Disgusting pig. I hope he rots in hell.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Bonesaw's (not) ready

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mbeezy too busy being carried in dota

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

also involved dancing israelis

Lol gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Israel issued an evaluation order for two dozen towns on the Lebanese border.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

harden your hearts hezbollah

Nascardad
Oct 22, 2009

"Racing is in my blood, I can't quite get out of it yet"

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

So according to this woman's testimony, the IDF launched tank shells into the hostage room and killed nearly everybody save the one Hamas guy, his hostage (the woman speaking), and a friend of hers from the kibbutz. But if he hadn't decided to surrender using her as a shield and for her to yell out, pretty much everyone would have died instead.

It looks like the Israeli strategy is to blow everything up indiscriminately and sort out the survivors afterward.

I mean if you kill everyone then nobody will be left to say that it wasn't Hamas who done it

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Definitely sounds like something a US/NATO trained army would do. Shoot first, blame terrorists later.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he’s signing up for the IDF

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

hawowanlawow posted:

Israel sure kills hostages a lot

russia kills hostages like THIS and it's bad
israel kills hostages like THIS and it's good

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

dunham corpse voice "rashid sanook"

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Anyone here able to confirm that the subtitles are accurate, that the witness sounds credibly Israeli and if the interviewer is a known Israeli media figure?
I want to post it elsewhere, and I know the immediate response is going to be that its completely faked.

edit: NM, did a bit of looking, and yeah, radio station and host are perfectly reputable, and the witness is entirely credible.

Pookah has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Oct 16, 2023

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/allisongeroi/status/1713750675220320750?s=20
Billionaires giving hundreds of millions to universities then calling them up privately to demand they release statements supporting Israel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

BearsBearsBears posted:

You'll never guess who designed the stadiums for the World Cup in Qatar.

It was Albert Speer Jr. It makes sense since his father also had a lot of experience in using slave labor to build things for an authoritarian regime.

Huh, what do you know https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Speer_(born_1934)