Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow good thing they already made Aubrey Huff persona non grata

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
It’d be so cool if she got it.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It'd be super cool if she got it. Obviously not the same thing, but it reminded me: I wish Pitch had gotten more than one season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

this would be super neat

be neater if the Giants had better players

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I really don’t understand this move

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1713899778860290543?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

I’ll be curious how Bruce Sherman tries to spin this

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 16, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

This is the statement from ownership

https://twitter.com/j_mcpherson1126/status/1713903455431995668?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

FlamingLiberal fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Oct 16, 2023

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm sure those are some badass tweets

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Shipping up to Boston is my guess

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Harlock posted:

Shipping up to Boston is my guess
I don’t think any big names are going to go there when they are not going to have full control of baseball decisions

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
the Marlins should not exist.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

People don't just step away from GM jobs.... I wonder what the backstory of this is.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/TylerKepner/status/1713913280144548114

"Last week, Bruce (Sherman) and I discussed his plan to reshape the Baseball Operations department. In our discussions, it became apparent that we were not completely aligned on what that should look like and I felt it best to step away. I wish to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to the Marlins family and its fans for my time in South Florida. This year was a great step forward for the organization, and I will miss working with Skip and his coaches as well as all of the dedicated staff in baseball operations and throughout the front office. They are a very talented group and I wish them great success in the future."

His vision is definitely "we need to spend less"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

That is my assumption yes.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Hey they made the playoffs, so now its time to rebuild.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

mcmagic posted:

People don't just step away from GM jobs.... I wonder what the backstory of this is.

Ng: Wow, our strategy paid off. If we spend a little this offseason, we can really be consistently competitive for a long time.
Ownership: So we're going to slash payroll

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I hate that the cheapest, least ambitious, pettiest, dumbest, most rear end in a top hat loving LOSERS are the only people allowed to own baseball teams. gently caress YOU!!!!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

camoseven posted:

I hate that the cheapest, least ambitious, pettiest, dumbest, most rear end in a top hat loving LOSERS are the only people allowed to own baseball teams. gently caress YOU!!!!

The only way to get the amount of money required to own a baseball team is to be a cheap gently caress who squeezes every last dollar out of companies.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Heard this on the radio for a bit the other night, it's a Bullseye interview with Joe Maddon inhaling his own farts.
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/13/1197954277/joe-maddon-world-series-winning-baseball-manager

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

camoseven posted:

If it is any consolation to us today, miserly owners loving their team has been a part of baseball for as long as we've had professional leagues.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1713952636938891725

It wasn't money. They wanted to hire a president of baseball ops over her.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Ok that’s even dumber than I thought

“You made the playoffs for the first time in decades! Enjoy a demotion!”

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
lolmarlins

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ok that’s even dumber than I thought

“You made the playoffs for the first time in decades! Enjoy a demotion!”

I *think* the POBO thing came about as a way of de facto firing her (because obviously she'll resign) after she wouldn't shut up about needing to spend more money.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Heard this on the radio for a bit the other night, it's a Bullseye interview with Joe Maddon inhaling his own farts.
https://www.npr.org/2023/10/13/1197954277/joe-maddon-world-series-winning-baseball-manager

The headline doesn't get the full story. He's also a World Series losing manager. :eng101:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/MLBCancun/status/1713938896889811321

I'm sure this is fine

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

whom amongst us has not gone missing in Cancun

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

I *think* the POBO thing came about as a way of de facto firing her (because obviously she'll resign) after she wouldn't shut up about needing to spend more money.
It’s certainly possible.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

mdemone posted:

whom amongst us has not gone missing in Cancun

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

book Anthony Rendon tickets go Cancun immediately

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
The Marlins are dumb as poo poo. Schumaker's probably looking for a way out now too.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

live with fruit posted:

The Marlins are dumb as poo poo. Schumaker's probably looking for a way out now too.
It’s still not going to top Jeffrey Loria firing Joe Girardi after he won the Manager of the Year in 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FlamingLiberal posted:

It’s still not going to top Jeffrey Loria firing Joe Girardi after he won the Manager of the Year in 2006

Counterpoint: more teams should fire Joe Girardi when possible

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hard to imagine that the Yankees downgraded from Girardi but they did.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

when he gets fired he goes on marquee network and never shuts up, YOU FIEND!!!!!!!!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

R.D. Mangles posted:

when he gets fired he goes on marquee network and never shuts up, YOU FIEND!!!!!!!!

Someone should hire him to manage imo.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Bregor posted:

Are you thinking what I’m thinking?

book Anthony Rendon tickets go Cancun immediately

......I cannot confirm or deny the existence of this post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Mustached Demon posted:

Someone should hire him to manage imo.

for the amount of raging about David Ross here, the monkey's paw is just quivering in quiet anticipation.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1713952636938891725

It wasn't money. They wanted to hire a president of baseball ops over her.

lmao what the gently caress? Did they think their GM would just meekly accept an obvious demotion after year where the Marlins got to the playoffs?

Poque posted:

for the amount of raging about David Ross here, the monkey's paw is just quivering in quiet anticipation.

Legitimately it is the one thing that gives me pause about a potential Ross firing. Girardi would be a painfully poor choice of manager for this current Cubs group.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Poque posted:

Side grade at manager, huge improvement for the broadcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
That they fired Ng because they wanted to hire a PBO over her sounds like they already know who they want.