Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

widespread posted:

It is. I nearly jumped in joy when I finally got assigned the Wandering Bard for Slayer. Needed him for the birthday clues... and then I forgot to get the Amulet of Looting from the Spider Chests.

That said, I started on Adventurer mode where I just level my skills the old fashioned way. Only 99 so far is Township, with Woodcutting and Firemaking a close second.

It's still odd that the only real surefire way to get potato seeds en masse is the Fierce Devil. I need a lot of 'em for Herbology.

This is astounding to me because I haven't even unlocked Slayer yet! But my GOD I am good at chopping wood and fishing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not sure I understand how offerings work in Gooboo. I;ve some some resource offerings and allocated the points and it says adding +200 to max capacity but it didn't change the actual listed max and doesn't show up in the math breakdown.

Did you reset? I think the bonus is always there but becomes unlisted unless you repurchase the building on subsequent runs, or only turns on when the building is bought. Might be a bug?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is astounding to me because I haven't even unlocked Slayer yet! But my GOD I am good at chopping wood and fishing lol

I think you're gonna want to get good at burning wood too? Or do all the +% XP buffs not work in your mode.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

this sounds very different from the Melvor Idle I played a year or two ago.

I dunno when you started, but I started earlier this year with the full version - some time before Atlas of Discovery hit. I was gonna wait until I got mostly 90s to get the other expac but... I dunno.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In Adventurer mode you have to buy access to the skills, so - at least when I was playing - burning was like a bottom tier skill because of the initial gold cost required and the ongoing material cost.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

KazigluBey posted:

Did you reset? I think the bonus is always there but becomes unlisted unless you repurchase the building on subsequent runs, or only turns on when the building is bought. Might be a bug?

Correct, when you buy it once you unlock that tab permanently, and are able to do sacrifices every reset, but you need to repurchase the building in order to get the benefits.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 15, 2023

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

KazigluBey posted:

Yeah it was after a prestige. Didn't realize I needed to rebuy.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
I went back to Gooboo after spending several days not playing it. Now it won't load in the itch.io window, and the downloaded version is prompting me to start a new game. I probably am not gonna bother continuing if I have to start all the way over.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

The itch version's local save system doesn't seem to work. I use the github version: https://tendsty.github.io/gooboo/

I also liberally export the save, although I haven't had an issue with it saving yet on here. It *never* saved for me on itch even though it claimed to.

Bacchanal
Jun 25, 2003
Dread Lord of Immigration

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Not sure I understand how offerings work in Gooboo. I;ve some some resource offerings and allocated the points and it says adding +200 to max capacity but it didn't change the actual listed max and doesn't show up in the math breakdown.

I was confused by the same thing. I believe it only applies while you actually have the first level of Offering Pedestal (and will be there whenever you buy it again after prestige).

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

ZZT the Fifth posted:

I went back to Gooboo after spending several days not playing it. Now it won't load in the itch.io window, and the downloaded version is prompting me to start a new game. I probably am not gonna bother continuing if I have to start all the way over.

If you downloaded a save file it should work but if you were counting on cookies or whatever then yeah, yer hosed.

e: I hit a wall in Village where I can unlock T4 buildings but cant buy hardly any. I also always come up short on the big cheevo to keep all my houses. I think I realized the best strat for a while is to just beeline 4-5x churches and farm the basic mats for offerings for a handful of prestiges @ ~5k faith until it gets more practical to do a big push.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 16, 2023

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

widespread posted:

I think you're gonna want to get good at burning wood too? Or do all the +% XP buffs not work in your mode.

I actually have that skill unlocked, and I've been doing some burning, but it's not a priority due to

Ghostlight posted:

In Adventurer mode you have to buy access to the skills, so - at least when I was playing - burning was like a bottom tier skill because of the initial gold cost required and the ongoing material cost.

Yup! I could burn logs OR I could harvest them and sell for mad cash that will let me get to slayer skill next... or thieving. Hmm.

JagGator
Oct 31, 2012
I was exporting a save file in gooboo about three times a day even though I never needed to use them. Then one day my progress was reset, and that is when I noticed the last four days worth of save files were 0 bytes in size.

I no longer play gooboo.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

widespread posted:

It is. I nearly jumped in joy when I finally got assigned the Wandering Bard for Slayer. Needed him for the birthday clues... and then I forgot to get the Amulet of Looting from the Spider Chests.

That said, I started on Adventurer mode where I just level my skills the old fashioned way. Only 99 so far is Township, with Woodcutting and Firemaking a close second.

It's still odd that the only real surefire way to get potato seeds en masse is the Fierce Devil. I need a lot of 'em for Herbology.

This post got me to pick up Melvor again, I had no idea that they did so much with it apparently since I played last. The Android app is worse than I remember it being, even on their new beta client. It just feels like there's so much wasted space and I have to scroll halfway down the screen to start doing anything. Like if I could shrink down the UI to fit more on the screen it would be perfect but the app made it sorta hard to figure out how to do even some of the basic stuff like start fishing.

Edit: I'm doing the tutorial island thing because i had to start a new game, the second to last tutorial task is to buy 5 compost but the compost is 14,500 a piece, and since I'm capped at level 3 in tutorial island I can't really grind anything that I can sell for all that much gold. I just decided to skip the last of the tutorials.

Edit 2: Oh what the gently caress I changed the buy amount to get something else and it was still set to that, so I was trying to buy like 50 compost. That would explain that. The UI in this is really not great even on the PC imo.

Edit 3: Eh yeah I just can't stick with Melvor. Feels too clunky and not really remotely satisfying to work through.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Oct 16, 2023

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

JagGator posted:

I was exporting a save file in gooboo about three times a day even though I never needed to use them. Then one day my progress was reset, and that is when I noticed the last four days worth of save files were 0 bytes in size.

I no longer play gooboo.

If you want to still play the game I can upload my save somewhere.

Also does anyone know what Ore Quality does in Gooboo? I bought the ore washing upgrade and I cant see what the upgrade changed besides the 10% increase on crafting power that is part of the upgrade. None of the tooltip popouts seem to indicate a ore quality modifier and the impurity/purity values all seem the same.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

Edit: It reduces the cost of pickaxes.

dipwood fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Oct 16, 2023

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Okay I think my RNG is... actually bugged or something on itch.io? I've failed like 30 attempts in a row at 30% just to get the "new" green thing to go away and "succeed" the ritual. Doesn't work with any two combo, even duplicates.

I'm basically done with this event, it's trash.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

dipwood posted:

Mouse over the red number under the crafting slots and it appears there as a new modifier. So it's basically just more crafting power.

No thats just the 10% crafting power that ore washing provides.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Lilli posted:

No thats just the 10% crafting power that ore washing provides.

It might be a way to reduce the Impurity in an ore? Check to see if that's been adjusted.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Any way to burn the 'extra' event ingredients to get more night hunt tokens somehow?

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

widespread posted:

It might be a way to reduce the Impurity in an ore? Check to see if that's been adjusted.

Yeah I checked that and unfortunately thats not it. The ore power, impurity, and purity values from compressing are all the same. Doesnt seem to be an ore gain modifier either or at least it doesnt show up in the tooltip multipliers.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Baddog posted:

Any way to burn the 'extra' event ingredients to get more night hunt tokens somehow?

You could use them on NEW! combinations even if you already know said combos don't result in potions, but it's probably not going to help with affording the grain relic or theme in the end especially if you've already burned a lot of stuff trying to get the potions you know leveled up. I just went and bought the copper tools relic instead myself.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Lilli posted:

If you want to still play the game I can upload my save somewhere.

Also does anyone know what Ore Quality does in Gooboo? I bought the ore washing upgrade and I cant see what the upgrade changed besides the 10% increase on crafting power that is part of the upgrade. None of the tooltip popouts seem to indicate a ore quality modifier and the impurity/purity values all seem the same.

Looking at the js, it looks like it reduces the cost of new pickaxes.

https://github.com/Tendsty/gooboo/src/store/mining.js

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

New Gooboo update out. Save, and refresh. Looks like a lot of horde changes.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
oops, I was going a long run to get the "deal 5B damage in the first zone" and refreshed as the thought of new features. ah, welp

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Still trying to wrap my head around the new horde changes but superficially I like it. Just trying to figure out how all my previous stats and relics align with this new system though.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Xand_Man posted:

Looking at the js, it looks like it reduces the cost of new pickaxes.

https://github.com/Tendsty/gooboo/src/store/mining.js

Thank you I absolutely would not have expected that and didnt check the tooltip for craft.

Edit: I think I like the change to how monster parts are gathered. Getting them at a ticking rate when there are no monsters you're actively fighting means you can still farm them when farming at a relatively high level.

Lilli fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 16, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

h u h. got ~7.5 million souls refunded with the patch? p sure i hadn't hit 10k before it

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Arcanuse posted:

h u h. got ~7.5 million souls refunded with the patch? p sure i hadn't hit 10k before it

Yeah I got like 300k souls out of nowhere

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Yah he did something like 100x souls, I had millions too.

Having a hard time figuring out what to do with only 4 equipment slots now, feels strange after having had 10.

Going with (club, toxic sword, red staff, campfire) for now. Everything changed though!

Baddog fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 16, 2023

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Arcanuse posted:

Yeah they drastically reworked souls so the developer refunded all your purchases and multiplied soul value by some absurd number since in addition to a bunch of the upgrades changing they all cost radically different amounts.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I was worried about the whole enemy respawn system but seeing it in practice it makes sense. Enemies queue up even when fighting the current one so what means is that the higher zones where you're fighting long battles don't change much at all while lower zones you're too strong for take longer to power through at the start of a run. But this is also fine since downtime between enemies is where you get your monster parts now without having to wait a drat minute and a half so it works out. I do like the other major change of splitting bosses, such that bosses themselves are still gates into higher zones but the actual stuff you get from them is dumped into minibosses instead, which are stronger enemies that spawn every 5 minutes instead of regular enemies and which provide the souls and heirlooms. And no more soul RNG thank goodness.

I do worry about the specific numbers though, since soul acquisition is now, essentially, a linear constant rate dictated by the strongest possible miniboss you can kill while idling, but potential balance issues will be dealt with in time I'm sure. Overall it seems to have done the intended job of tilting Horde hard away from requiring extreme active play to progress anything to far more rewarding use of idle time. What I am definitely not enthused about it losing over half of my equipment slots :argh:

Super Jay Mann fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 16, 2023

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Guess I'm not going for the X Horde Zones in 30 minutes achievement anymore.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Lilli posted:

Edit: I think I like the change to how monster parts are gathered. Getting them at a ticking rate when there are no monsters you're actively fighting means you can still farm them when farming at a relatively high level.

It also means that failing to one-shot an enemy doesn't immediately cut your monster part production in half, which is quite a welcome change.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Anyone know what The Oppressor does? I thought it would make enemies spawn faster but its not that

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Anyone know what The Oppressor does? I thought it would make enemies spawn faster but its not that

It looks like it delays the skills enemies now have.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Oh lame

Baddog
May 12, 2001
clover has a "bonus until prestige" now along with the red staff.

Liver is nice with 10x monster parts every 45s. Feels like we're pushing toward autohotkey land though....

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

When you're getting double stunned off the rip, it's really nice.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Zotix posted:

When you're getting double stunned off the rip, it's really nice.

OK, I'm still just 1-shotting everything with boots. Zone 43 so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Hmm I noticed monster bag 16 didnt give another equipment slot. Are we really stuck with 4?