Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/Tiller56/status/1713603440021029295?s=20

This is what Sam needs to clean up. You can clearly see when he should’ve just taken off running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
What happens when a team that only plays in blowouts meets a team that only plays in weird games.

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1713957312065618033?s=20

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Nothing would make me happier than a Monday Night Massacre staring the Cowboys, cause fuckem.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I want the Cowboys to win, but Kellen Moore deserves a chance to humiliate our dumbass management

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Asproigerosis posted:

Eagles probably should have drafted a tackle instead of all these project Georgia defensive players imo
I'm furious with the team right now but that's still silly. You can't argue that Carter's been anything less than a stud, the defense has been absolutely scythed away by injuries (including Carter!), and they still weren't the goddamn problem. You can't win games when you don't score a single point in the second half.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
NFC East QBs, by interceptions:

Hurts 7, 213 attemps
Howell 6, 214 attempts
Jones 6 (Didn't play this week) 151 attempt
Prescott 4 (Still has to play tonight) 160 attempts

Honestly Howell is taking too many sacks but I think we may have a QB here, he’s steady and has made some really good throws, has some mobility and the team seems to like playing for him. If we could get some better O line consistency and maybe another weapon or 2…

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hurts lost the game 100%

It was there

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Toaster Beef posted:

this is extremely good

this is extremely true

i've maintained — even before they came out of the gate playing kinda mediocre ball — that the eagles really, really needed to pile on the wins in this opening stretch of the season because the middle third was going to absolutely gently caress them up. now we're here and they've been a B-/C+ team that scrounged its way to 5-0 before the bottom finally fell out yesterday. absolutely nothing about the previous six weeks inspires any kind of confidence in me that they won't be a near-.500 team when we go into the final third of the season.

Yep every game this season has pretty much been, why was this so close this team should be blowing the brakes off these teams.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Unless Hurts was ignoring the playcalls from the sideline and refusing to hand the ball off and establish the run for his own reasons, I don't think he gets 100% of the blame here.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CapnAndy posted:

Unless Hurts was ignoring the playcalls from the sideline and refusing to hand the ball off and establish the run for his own reasons, I don't think he gets 100% of the blame here.

Sorry bud, that's now how this works and we all know it. If you lose, the QB must commit seppuku. Rules are rules in the honorable game of football.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

biceps crimes posted:

I want the Cowboys to win, but Kellen Moore deserves a chance to humiliate our dumbass management

:same:

e: honestly I really see one of two things happening. First, and most likely, the Cowboys look like poo poo and the chargers beat them 45-10 or something like that, or Dan Quinn has Moore's game down, the Cowboys defense feasts on the chargers, and the cowboys win 17-10.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 16, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

You can’t throw 4 ints or whatever and escape blame

He sucked

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Outplayed by Zach Wilson smh

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

euphronius posted:

Hurts lost the game 100%

It was there

I dunno, it's a defense that made Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes look pedestrian at best, playing at home. At some point, you have to give credit to the other side.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

euphronius posted:

You can’t lose a fumble in the superbowl or whatever and escape blame

He sucked

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Black Lighter posted:

I dunno, it's a defense that made Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes look pedestrian at best, playing at home. At some point, you have to give credit to the other side.

And yet Dak played well against them 🤔

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Just catching up on the Eagles game, why did they start Dak Prescott instead of Jalen Hurts?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

euphronius posted:

You can’t throw 4 ints or whatever and escape blame

He sucked
There are numbers between 0 and 100.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Hurts did have an uncharacteristically bad game.

If you look at the final stats, the Eagles had 100 more yards of offense, held the Jets to 2 of 11 on third down, and sacked their QB five times. That’s a winnable game.

But it’s no cause to predict doom and gloom for the Eagles in the remainder of the season.

MrMojok fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 16, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Eagles fans doomsaying after being 5-1 jesus christ

Hurts lost the game and so did Sirianni by abandoning the run. Hurts is an extremely good QB when the offense is running how the offense is supposed to run and an extremely bad QB when he has to win it on his arm. They've been consistently drafting right, the team is still great, every great team loses sometimes, Hurts is still fine, it's just that they should really stick to the run.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Nah, the eagles are done for. Their slide to 3rd place in the division (and WC playoff contender) started last night.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Eagles sucked rear end and there's no disputing that, but I can't get over the 3rd and 9. I really feel as if that was a game they could've escaped with a win.

The last 3 Jets drives before the TD (and where the drive ended) went:

10 plays, 16 yards, 4:45, FG (PHI 20, short field due to Eagles ST 15 yard penalty)
3 plays, -5 yards, 1:41, Punt (NYJ 33)
5 plays, 8 yards, 3:30, Punt (NYJ 35)

Wilson was sacked once on each drive, with 5 total for the game.

If you keep it on the ground, you punt it away, and the Jets get the ball presumably deep (Eagles were on the PHI 46) with ~1:10 remaining and no timeouts. Force Zach Wilson to beat your defense that's had the better of him in the 2nd half. I would've taken that challenge 10 out of 10 times, especially in a game where virtually nothing is going right for you offensively. An ugly win is still a win, and it was there.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 16, 2023

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Promising news regarding Lane Johnson

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1713982442699165944

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
2 of those ints were on fluke plays. The final int was extremely bad. He created a lot of plays out of structure. They ran the ball a bit better in the 2nd half. For some reason, they lined up in 11 personal like 85% of the time, despite Driscoll and the right side of the line getting cooked. Offense still looks a bit out of synch at times.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Lost in all the Eagles talk today we’ve almost lost sight of the real issue, which is gently caress the Cowboys

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Hurts throwing INTs on two fluke plays makes up for the billion other times he gets away with a completion hucking it up into double coverage.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
If we simply take away fluke plays, you'll see that Dak didn't throw all that many interceptions last season

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The first int was pure clownball and almost not even fair it counts as an int, but the 2nd one was an avoidable awareness issue imo. Evens out I guess

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Please more Eagles doomer posting…

Almost there………..

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Gotta do something before game 1 and dooming about baseball

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NattyBo posted:

Lost in all the Eagles talk today we’ve almost lost sight of the real issue, which is gently caress the Cowboys

gently caress the Cowboys indeed. :hai:

I don't have much to say about Eagles/Jets. Sucks but Philly always drops a game each year to some random opponent they shouldn't.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

biceps crimes posted:

It's this

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Look, I hate to give any comfort to eagles fans, but Football is a game of thin margins and high variance, and no one game tells you much of anything.

It takes hundreds of plays for any sort of data to become reliable, and Context Matters for things like turnovers.

The keys to success in the NFL, after surviving the injury gauntlet, is to be Explosive, Efficient, and winning the turnover battle (when it matters)

Philly is 1&2, and probably 3, and the jets game is going to look like a fluke In a few weeks.

Dallas Mindless traded 1 & 2 for 3, and are probably going to wind up with none of them.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Football is incredibly stupid and unpredictable that's what makes it fun.

We lost to the Commanders last year and then went to loving super bowl and that's my takeaway lol

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles looking at 9-8, 10-7

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mr. Nice! posted:

:same:

e: honestly I really see one of two things happening. First, and most likely, the Cowboys look like poo poo and the chargers beat them 45-10 or something like that, or Dan Quinn has Moore's game down, the Cowboys defense feasts on the chargers, and the cowboys win 17-10.

I prefer option A.

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't have much to say about Eagles/Jets. Sucks but Philly always drops a game each year to some random opponent they shouldn't.

I posted this in one of these conference threads. You're 100% right. Every year I've been an Eagles fan, there's always been at least one "WTF was that?" game and this one had all the makings of a trap game from the start to me. Hopefully they got that poo poo out of their system, Elliott goes back to making FG's, Hurts remembers which color green is his team and Sirianni remembers he's allowed to run the ball

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
i can see the eagles being around .500 after the middle third of the season and then getting back to 12-5 afterward

i just think they're a very talented team punching below their weight. the next stretch of games would be a hell of a challenge even if they were humming along perfectly, and they very much aren't.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

beep by grandpa posted:

Football is incredibly stupid and unpredictable that's what makes it fun.

It's MurderChess and it's awesome

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

Look, I hate to give any comfort to eagles fans, but Football is a game of thin margins and high variance, and no one game tells you much of anything.

It takes hundreds of plays for any sort of data to become reliable, and Context Matters for things like turnovers.

The keys to success in the NFL, after surviving the injury gauntlet, is to be Explosive, Efficient, and winning the turnover battle (when it matters)

Philly is 1&2, and probably 3, and the jets game is going to look like a fluke In a few weeks.

Dallas Mindless traded 1 & 2 for 3, and are probably going to wind up with none of them.

saving this to copy paste whenever you link advanced stats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Doltos posted:

saving this to copy paste whenever you link advanced stats

Idk why you think the two are at odds