Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Thanks all! Looking more into trash 80s sci-fi I think Trancers must be it with a little Cherry 2000 in the memory stew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

regulargonzalez posted:

Thanks all! Looking more into trash 80s sci-fi I think Trancers must be it with a little Cherry 2000 in the memory stew.

Cherry 2000 is so good

Manos99
Mar 17, 2009

regulargonzalez posted:

A Tim Thomerson stew!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Manos99 posted:

A Tim Thomerson stew!

Gotta have a side serving of Dollman then.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Or you could watch one of the 5 Trancers sequels.

Ooh boy were they done on the cheap

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Tsietisin posted:

Or you could watch one of the 5 Trancers sequels.

Ooh boy were they done on the cheap

At that point do an Albert Pyun marathon. Throw in Nemesis and Kickboxer series.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
My mom is trying to remember a movie she saw in her youth

Black and white
People perhaps stuck on a upper floor of a building
Robots walk and make a kind of booming noise when they walk.

Wow not many good details lol but I told her I would try

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
This sounds like Target Earth, but it's been literally decades since I watched that. I recall the people being inside and some sound effects from the robots coming from off-screen, but I am not sure if there was booming stuff.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe Metropolis?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
No it's not those I showed her some clips from them

Town is deserted and like the robots are walking through it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow?

filmcynic
Oct 30, 2012

verbal enema posted:

My mom is trying to remember a movie she saw in her youth

Black and white
People perhaps stuck on a upper floor of a building
Robots walk and make a kind of booming noise when they walk.

Wow not many good details lol but I told her I would try

It sounds a lot like The Earth Dies Screaming. Man, those are some goddamned noisy robots.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Few of the other details match, but the booming sound reminds me of the scenes when the creatures attack in Fiend Without a Face.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
I can see someone taking an electric drill to a hard drive, I assume the context is the cops are about to show up but I cannot figure out what film/show it's from.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Pilchenstein posted:

I can see someone taking an electric drill to a hard drive, I assume the context is the cops are about to show up but I cannot figure out what film/show it's from.

I also remember this and there is an HDD destruction scene in Mr Robot but I don’t think it’s from that

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Pilchenstein posted:

Tom Cruise or Ving rhames or someone does it in the last act of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Human Tornada posted:

Tom Cruise or Ving rhames or someone does it in the last act of Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
It's this, Cruise drills the USB MacGuffin after memorising the data. Cheers.

Grassy Knowles posted:

I also remember this and there is an HDD destruction scene in Mr Robot but I don’t think it’s from that
Is that when the FBI turn on Romero's PC? Because I think that's some kind of incendiary.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

It's this, Cruise drills the USB MacGuffin after memorising the data. Cheers.

Is that when the FBI turn on Romero's PC? Because I think that's some kind of incendiary.

no, first time Eliot's worried about having been burned is when i'm thinking of

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Grassy Knowles posted:

no, first time Eliot's worried about having been burned is when i'm thinking of

There’s a scene in… the first season? where he destroys everything. Drills hard drives, microwaves ram and sims and whatnot. That’s the only scene I can think of with drilling hard drives.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'm reminded of this scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ePBNGmxVK8

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

An older tv show that had a halloween episode where it was all pretty much out of continuity from the rest of the series, and ends with the main character turning to the camera at the very end and says "Happy Halloween everbody!" to the audience.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

ruddiger posted:

An older tv show that had a halloween episode where it was all pretty much out of continuity from the rest of the series, and ends with the main character turning to the camera at the very end and says "Happy Halloween everbody!" to the audience.

Like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftJlbDuaCPM

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
that was my first thought

im doing a rewatch of 1-9

this one is similar though no happy halloween
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nK4VnBjD24

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Roseanne perhaps? I remember they had some "non-canon" episodes for holidays, but can't remember a Halloween one specifically.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Roseanne definitely had a few Halloween episodes, although I can't think of any that weren't essentially canon and don't remember any that ended with a "happy halloween" to the audience

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

there was a show in the 90s called Ghostwriter and there's an arc where there's a bubblegum man that's terrorizing the kids. I think they "Destroy" it and then have it reappear in a bbq pit as a dun dun dun but then they cut to the kids going like "yo" as a gotcha but they don't say halloween per se iirc

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Alan Smithee posted:

there was a show in the 90s called Ghostwriter and there's an arc where there's a bubblegum man that's terrorizing the kids. I think they "Destroy" it and then have it reappear in a bbq pit as a dun dun dun but then they cut to the kids going like "yo" as a gotcha but they don't say halloween per se iirc

Ohhh man, Ghostwriter.

R-A-L-L-Y.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it's good I remember this and not how to tie a necktie lol

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ghostwriter was the last place I ever Saw Max Wright, Willy from ALF. Even as a kid, I remember being impressed with pbs for giving him a chance after he was busted for smoking crack with sex workers. I wish I could tell you how I knew Max Wright had been busted for smoking crack with sex workers.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

:stare:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Roseanne definitely had a few Halloween episodes, although I can't think of any that weren't essentially canon and don't remember any that ended with a "happy halloween" to the audience

I guess most US sitcoms had Halloween episodes. Looks like The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air also did and that much more likely to end on a fourth wall break

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ruddiger posted:

I feel like Family Matters would have done something like this.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The show I’m thinking of is older than Family Matters and the Simpsons. I almost feel like the Simpsons bit is an homage to the show I’m thinking of.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I remember they did that on Dinosaurs.

But I feel you would have mentioned that everyone was dinosaurs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

What’s the movie where a bunch of vampires try to kill a guy in his house and it turns out he replaced the lightbulbs with UV bulbs and annihilates the poo poo out of them just by turning on the lights, so the vampires cut the power to his house and try again, but then it turns out he has some kinda jury-rugged battery-powered UV light gun?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I AM GRANDO posted:

Ghostwriter was the last place I ever Saw Max Wright, Willy from ALF. Even as a kid, I remember being impressed with pbs for giving him a chance after he was busted for smoking crack with sex workers. I wish I could tell you how I knew Max Wright had been busted for smoking crack with sex workers.

Am I an idiot missing an obvious joke?

I learned it from some poo poo like the Enquirer :ohdear:

I can still see the blurry photo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Am I an idiot missing an obvious joke?

I learned it from some poo poo like the Enquirer :ohdear:

I can still see the blurry photo.

Yeah, probably it was Hard Copy or something some weeknight after the last syndicated Simpsons of the evening.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gripweed posted:

What’s the movie where a bunch of vampires try to kill a guy in his house and it turns out he replaced the lightbulbs with UV bulbs and annihilates the poo poo out of them just by turning on the lights, so the vampires cut the power to his house and try again, but then it turns out he has some kinda jury-rugged battery-powered UV light gun?

30 Days of Night?

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Gripweed posted:

is it the first Blade movie? i feel like i remember him torturing a vampire with a big chunky handheld UV spotlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Daybreakers?

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 30, 2023