Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Was this a whiskey kind of all-over-the-place or an uppers kind of all-over-the-place? Haven't listened to the episode yet but those are my two bets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

bird food bathtub posted:

Was this a whiskey kind of all-over-the-place or an uppers kind of all-over-the-place? Haven't listened to the episode yet but those are my two bets.

Neither/both in “normal” amounts??? He doesn’t seem much drunker/zippier than average, he’s just saying nonsense.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
He’s definitely the narc-iest I’ve heard in some time.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

My favorite pet of the last episode was Alex giving a complicated defense of why he’s taking a trip that’s definitely not a vacation, it’s a secret mission so dangerous and secretive that the deep state might fake his suicide. Sure thing, Alex.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
All the “leave me alone. I’m not bad” stuff came off to me as him just channeling how he must have felt in his most recent depositions. Also only a 4-day trip pretty short breaky for Alex so I assume he was just pissed to be there.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

0konner posted:

All the “leave me alone. I’m not bad” stuff came off to me as him just channeling how he must have felt in his most recent depositions. Also only a 4-day trip pretty short breaky for Alex so I assume he was just pissed to be there.

The leave me alone stuff is definitely the tension between support of Isreal for racist anti arab stuff and anti semetism.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

0konner posted:

George santos and Alex feeling very similar these days, you love to see it

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
One other bit I thought was interesting that didn’t make it in the ep is Alex saying he was interviewed by Vivek ramaswamy for some podcast ep coming out. I mean he said it would be out Monday though and I don’t see anything so who knows?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This was an infuriating episode

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Listened to the episode. I have seen less dancing around a point at a ballet performance. He's absolutely desperate to signal to antisemites and islamophobes equally but doesn't quuuuuiiiiiite want to just come out and say the 14 words.

gently caress off already Alex. Let that coke-fueled rage stroke you've been brewing for decades finally pop in your skull and free us all from your continued presence. The world will be a better place.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Alex jones did heroin when he was in high school

red19fire
May 26, 2010

How else would he have infiltrated the drug ring at his school that the chief of police and mayor were covering up? This is an actual claim made by Alex Jones.

I have an idea for a 21 Jump Street re-reboot.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

bird food bathtub posted:

He sounded like a guy who dug himself into a hole with a lovely position and just kept digging. He really has no integrity with his beliefs at all, just constantly playing victim.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

an AOL chatroom posted:

He sounded like a guy who dug himself into a hole with a lovely position and just kept digging. He really has no integrity with his beliefs at all, just constantly playing victim.

It also felt like alex had spent precisely zero time thinking about current events or anything other than whether it was margarita o’clock over the past week and sat down cold to do a show and said “i guess i will start with israel. Turn things on.”

He was absolutely just rambling off the top of his head

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Alex sounded moderately feverish in his delivery. I noticed he slurred while making lists of things, but that might just be Alex’s brain experiencing latency as it changes operations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I don't know if it's the right word, but it almost feels manic? The way he keeps circling back around to 'leave me alone' and explaining to 'them' why he talks to them because he respects them unlike the others he vilifies.

It reminds me of someone who wakes up upset at someone because of an argument they had in a dream

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

Morter posted:

It reminds me of someone who wakes up upset at someone because of an argument they had in a dream
This feels correct. Like he tried to come up with an angle but everything he could think of would get him yelled at by some corner of his audience, and he spent so much time imagining hypothetical arguments that now he's mad at all the people he imagined yelling at him.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Alex Jones probably drives around Austin in his Hummer, having incredible arguments in his head with a pink haired person he saw in the dairy aisle at the store. He is a haunted man.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

How has no one gotten across to Dan that it's "antisemitic" not "antisemetic" yet?

Jordan gets it right!

Maybe he's just listened to too much Jones and he didn't catch it like "white supremist" (which just goes by without comment at this point)

stringless fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 17, 2023

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

FFT posted:

How has no one gotten across to Dan that it's "antisemitic" not "antisemetic" yet?

Jordan gets it right!

Maybe he's just listened to too much Jones and he didn't catch it like "white supremist" (which just goes by without comment at this point)

Some people talk different and that’s okay.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

FFT posted:

Jordan gets it right!

That's how we talk in Missouri. I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Am I hearing it right that this guy saying he's being falsely accused of being in the Klan is named McClanahan?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

FFT posted:

Jordan gets it right!

Maybe you should discuss this with him over a couple frosty cold glasses of melk.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

Grand Fromage posted:

Am I hearing it right that this guy saying he's being falsely accused of being in the Klan is named McClanahan?

Nominative determinism strikes again.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Ariong posted:

Maybe you should discuss this with him over a couple frosty cold glasses of melk.
If I make it back to Chicago I'll try to discuss it over shots of Malort.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
So update on the Crowder bit. Alex was telling a story yesterday about how he was supposed to host crowder’s show that day but couldn’t cause allegedly he ate some expired lasagna and had violent diarrhea. He was saying this and saying it only just got better to explain why he was hosting his own show still. Sounds like he had an appointment to go to crowder’s studio that he just didn’t want to go to possibly due to being hung over.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I love how often Alex has food-based excuses for things.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So. Has he actually done anything on Crowders site? Does he ever do shows there.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deptfordx posted:

So. Has he actually done anything on Crowders site? Does he ever do shows there.

Sounds like he blew out their bathroom and lost hosting privileges

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

rotinaj posted:

Sounds like he blew out their bathroom and lost hosting privileges

He did a couple episodes in what seemed like a trial period not long ago. Looked like they were gonna partner as a way to dodge Infowars legal issues but after a couple shows I don't think anything else came of it.

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

ILL Machina posted:

He did a couple episodes in what seemed like a trial period not long ago. Looked like they were gonna partner as a way to dodge Infowars legal issues but after a couple shows I don't think anything else came of it.

Honestly, Alex probably learned that the cyber Krugerrands he was being paid in were still reported to the bankruptcy court.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ILL Machina posted:

Because he then went to their bathroom after eating a big bowl of spicy chili and blew it out, like I said. They don’t want Alex to come back because he didn’t flush.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ILL Machina posted:

I wonder if Crowder's legal team happened to take a look at what was going on IW and told Crowder absolutely not

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Shinji2015 posted:

I wonder if Crowder's legal team happened to take a look at what was going on IW and told Crowder absolutely not

That's my thinking. Alex is a legend in that grift-o-sphere, but he needs Stephen's younger audience way more than Stephen's network needs present-day Alex.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Yeah but that was the whole premise. They were going to put together a lalapalooza for right wing poo poo heads who got cancelled, but I'm not sure if that materialized. Either a live show or a new channel or something.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeF...web2x&context=3

This post posits that the show has been quietly happening this whole time behind the pay wall.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Alex is 99% in constantly advertisement mode. His IW show is already just him hawking merch, no matter how tasteless the circumstances. It's a genuine question to me what Alex would even do behind a pay wall, because he is barely capable of doing anything valuable in the first place. You're likely just paying to hear him direct you to Crowder's merch store. (Though there was apparently one clip going around of Alex on this new show still hawking IW/PQPR supplements.)

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Morroque posted:

Alex is 99% in constantly advertisement mode. His IW show is already just him hawking merch, no matter how tasteless the circumstances. It's a genuine question to me what Alex would even do behind a pay wall, because he is barely capable of doing anything valuable in the first place. You're likely just paying to hear him direct you to Crowder's merch store. (Though there was apparently one clip going around of Alex on this new show still hawking IW/PQPR supplements.)

You’re right and it’s crazy to me to think the paywalled show exists cause I listen to raw Alex all the time and he never plugs his “Mug club show” though in commercials they do still play his like announcement hype video for the initial team-up.

E: This might be adjacent to how he couldn’t have been meaningfully involved in any pre-planned conspiracy about Jan 6 cause he can’t keep anything real secret. If these paywall shows are happening he’d have to spend most of infowars redoing the same poo poo

0konner fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Oct 19, 2023

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I would not at all be surprised to find out that Crowder and Jones are just two colossal assholes that absolutely could not work with each other. Them doing anything together would just be an eternal pissing match of two egos pissed off that the other ego wants to do anything except scrape and grovel in supplication to their obvious superiority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Honestly it's kind of funny that nobody in the KF community really knows whether or not Jones is doing content behind Crowder's paywall because finding out for certain would involve giving Crowder money and gently caress that noise