Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

shyduck posted:

The TimeCube guy died too soon

he's working on templeos with terry davis in heaven now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i have invented thousands of incredible inventions in my head, i am simply waiting to invent the final piece of technology that will unlock all of them

Have you considered simply waiting for someone else to invent them and then buying the brand?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BATS FLY AT MOON posted:

Have you considered simply waiting for someone else to invent them and then buying the brand?

that's one of my inventions and by posting this you are stealing it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

that's one of my inventions and by posting this you are stealing it

Actually Elon already invented it before he was born, get ready to pay up sucker

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

Cheen posted:

what happens when you fall off a building then

you roll

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

how does it compare to uber reinventing buses

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

never mind

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eight-Six posted:

i guess i don't understand what it is you're really trying to conceptualize here. i feel like you make a big assumption that all the popular anonymous right-wing accounts would want to transfer that popularity to their IRL personas as it becomes more socially acceptable to do so (ie. musk owning the 'digital town square' or whatever). which may be true but i don't see society- as bad as it is- being near that level of openness for anyone not entrenched/enriched within their own ecosystem, such that they no longer need the anonymity of mass society. that's why 5head_graphs hasn't rebranded to Joe Blowjob, joe still needs to keep his manager job because he has a public linkedin and zero capital. the 15-year old didn't realize that.

I think they're saying how does one go about being a (seemingly) normal person in the real world while being a psychotic racist online constantly. It's certainly crossed my mind when I'd see people posting laughable Holocaust denial on Twitter or being trad weirdos or both. I guess I just assumed they were all shut-ins.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

this kinda changes everything IMO

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Panfilo posted:

With Musk's "comedy is legal" administration accounts like these are emboldened, which makes me wonder who exactly in real life are socially thriving under such an environment? When I see posts like this
https://twitter.com/eyeslasho/status/1712451656753791281?t=xtkUAYX9SJQHrXuOjM8mfQ&s=19
I seriously wonder who exactly we are looking at here.

Wow a test designed by white people to measure how likely someone is to be successful in a white dominated culture where nonwhite people are exposed to lead, childhood malnutrition, and poverty stress shows that white people are amazing super geniuses. It also shows that Asians, who in America are often upper class expats do well on these tests.

One of my many issues with IQ tests is they are used to measure things that it was never designed to measure, like personhood or ontological worthiness. At best it is a medical test that can diagnose problems to the satisfaction of an insurance company and provide documentation to bureaucrats that someone needs extra help. Bell curve supporters use it as justification for why we shouldn't have welfare and to say that racist stereotypes are true. If IQ is an ontological trait, as they claim it is, then intelligence cannot be a moral virtue or failing. People don't choose to be intelligent so they shouldn't be rewarded for it and people don't choose to have special needs and shouldn't be punished for it.

Zoeb has issued a correction as of 23:06 on Oct 16, 2023

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
In other great news for Tesla, apparently you shouldn't drive them anywhere it rains.

quote:

He continued: “They said that the battery is effectively submerged in water. How can that be our fault?

“After finally getting to speak to a manager, he told me it had water in it due to the fact the weather in Scotland has been so bad. That was the issue. They said it’s not necessarily my fault but it’s not Tesla’s to pay under warranty. He reminded me there was a yellow weather warning in some parts of Scotland.

“I pushed him on this and said I’ve never heard or something like this happening. He said it can happen with Range Rovers and Mercs but I’m just not buying it.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
"Warranty void if it rains."

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i think it's probably so helpful to the company that their epic ftw CEO cant help himself from making the claim multiple times a month that the cars can actually float temporarily if you really need to use them as a boat. im sure their stock price will soon reflect the absurd reality of their vehicles... any... day... now

(not that it matters but its unclear whether he thinks this is just a funny tongue-in-cheek joke to make or if he seriously thinks its a viable idea. either way it's par for the stupidity course.)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

withak posted:

"Warranty void if it rains."
harsh but fair

not sure what people who willingly paid money for a tesla were expecting really: whompy wheels and doors that don't close ftw. sadly, i've seen an explosion of them on the streets here the past year and it's like the worst possible combination of stereotypical prius drivers and bmw drivers.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Xaris posted:

harsh but fair

not sure what people who willingly paid money for a tesla were expecting really: whompy wheels and doors that don't close ftw. sadly, i've seen an explosion of them on the streets here the past year and it's like the worst possible combination of stereotypical prius drivers and bmw drivers.

Incorrect. Elon measured to the nanometer.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

i heard that elon deleted that tweet from all those years ago calling the diver guy a pedo, but only recently after everyone was spamming him with that tweet when @juniper called him the same thing. anyone know if that's true? cause ..:lol:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zoeb posted:

Wow a test designed by white people to measure how likely someone is to be successful in a white dominated culture where nonwhite people are exposed to lead, childhood malnutrition, and poverty stress shows that white people are amazing super geniuses. It also shows that Asians, who in America are often upper class expats do well on these tests.

One of my many issues with IQ tests is they are used to measure things that it was never designed to measure, like personhood or ontological worthiness. At best it is a medical test that can diagnose problems to the satisfaction of an insurance company and provide documentation to bureaucrats that someone needs extra help. Bell curve supporters use it as justification for why we shouldn't have welfare and to say that racist stereotypes are true. If IQ is an ontological trait, as they claim it is, then intelligence cannot be a moral virtue or failing. People don't choose to be intelligent so they shouldn't be rewarded for it and people don't choose to have special needs and shouldn't be punished for it.

While my wife was getting her psychology degree, I got to learn all about this. It loving sucks!!!!

This tests are generally created by well-off white people and then validated against.... well-off white people. And if you don't score in the range that they feel is "normal" (for well off-white people), then I guess you're really hosed up in the head!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Skull Servant posted:

Incorrect. Elon measured to the nanometer.

He used his dick to calibrate the measuring instrument

E: :elon:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BAGS FLY AT NOON has issued a correction as of 01:39 on Oct 17, 2023

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Why haven’t people done IQ tests that are calibrated for poverty and such

I’d guess they have and I’ve never seen them

Or maybe some other intelligence potential test entirely

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

The Tesla dealership employee handbook only has one page that says "Always remember, the people that bought these cars are loving idiots so just run with that"

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Quotey posted:

Why haven’t people done IQ tests that are calibrated for poverty and such

I’d guess they have and I’ve never seen them

Or maybe some other intelligence potential test entirely

my understanding is that iq was developed as a diagnostic to determine if someone had cognitive defects but aside from that it's useless... it's like asking healthy individuals to draw a clock and inferring that whoever draws a clock the best must have the best functioning brain if someone with a poorly functioning brain can't draw a clock right at all

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022
iq tests mostly tell how good someone is at taking tests along with some basic deductive stuff and spatial stuff

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Spoondick posted:

my understanding is that iq was developed as a diagnostic to determine if someone had cognitive defects but aside from that it's useless... it's like asking healthy individuals to draw a clock and inferring that whoever draws a clock the best must have the best functioning brain if someone with a poorly functioning brain can't draw a clock right at all

yeap, diagnostic tool for childhood cognitive development I believe, with people who have certain developmental issues more like to be okay/good at some parts but be bad at particular parts and what not.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Zoeb posted:

also this part

iq tests until really recently had tennis and polo racquets and golf clubs n stuff like that, floor plans of us midclass family homes and logic puzzles abt them etc.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
head shape is the only way to measure someones intelligence

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

you can also do mathracer

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Either you're a five star super seeker at the top of treasure mountain / mathstorm or your iq is a chilly fall day

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
is IQ test or Polytopia a better measure of intelligence?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
intelligence is measured by head shape and the type of food you eat if you are eating foreign food then your intelligence level goes drastically down but if you eat wholesome american food your intelligence goes up. the peanut is the ideal shape for an intelligent man's head

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I was just reading about the guy who shot president McKinley and one of the ways the doctors evaluating whether he was fit to stand trial determined he was mentally sane was that his ears were the same size

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I was just reading about the guy who shot president McKinley and one of the ways the doctors evaluating whether he was fit to stand trial determined he was mentally sane was that his ears were the same size

lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
but they were right

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

FirstnameLastname posted:

iq tests mostly tell how good someone is at taking tests along with some basic deductive stuff and spatial stuff
As I recall, the best correlation is to vocabulary knowledge, which makes sense since you're more likely to understand a question if you understand the words in the question.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

but they were right

No they weren't
He shot a president over a job, which is insane behavior.
If he shot him to be cool that would be sane King poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

can you measure this guys head for me and let me know how smart he is

im trying but my tape measure keeps slipping off

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

is this how it still works?? asking for a friend...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xaris posted:

lol

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

Xaris posted:

i prefer the chow yun-fat version of hard boiled