Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Thranguy posted:

IIRC The Maker is responsible for the Marvel Zombies, an entirely different multiple universe ending event.

No, he just visited there. The zombies are their own deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

I think they're referring to The Maker destroying other Earths/universes during the pre-Secret Wars incursions.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

Thranguy posted:

IIRC The Maker is responsible for the Marvel Zombies, an entirely different multiple universe ending event.

That doesn’t sound right considering he was still normal Reed Richards when the zombies showed up.if I r call he was tricked into opening the gate to release them in mark Millard ultimate fantastic four run

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah he was tricked by the zombie version of himself, and the zombie 4 followed them back to the ultimate universe. Doom ended up having to send them back later.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
the maker still did poo poo like nuke washington dc

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

site posted:

Can I say something without every one getting mad?

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023

site posted:

lol

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's not good at all. what if there were survivors who developed super powers?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/10/15/tom-brevoort-wil-moss-avengers-2024/

So Wil Moss will be the new Avengers editor.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rick posted:

If I was to write a What-If about Peter Parker making it to adulthood without becoming Spider-Man it would honestly be pretty dark. It's an interesting enough pitch that I'm down to read it.

I was actually thinking about it from the other direction. A powerless Peter Parker is still a science prodigy with a knack for both biology and electrical engineering. He'd almost certainly get rich off something, but if Uncle Ben was still around, Peter has a halfway decent chance to not be an rear end in a top hat.

Bendis's Peter, on the other hand, got his powers at maybe the last possible moment in American history where a story like his wouldn't immediately descend into horror. Peter's too smart for his own good, seems to have unmonitored Internet access, and has exactly one friend. He's exactly the kind of guy who'd have spent a lot of time on 4chan and Portal of Evil in the 2000s. As a result, it's hard not to imagine a version of Peter's story where the first thing he does with his powers is tie Flash Thompson's legs in a knot, then go rip a bank vault open.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Wanderer posted:

Bendis's Peter, on the other hand, got his powers at maybe the last possible moment in American history where a story like his wouldn't immediately descend into horror. Peter's too smart for his own good, seems to have unmonitored Internet access, and has exactly one friend. He's exactly the kind of guy who'd have spent a lot of time on 4chan and Portal of Evil in the 2000s. As a result, it's hard not to imagine a version of Peter's story where the first thing he does with his powers is tie Flash Thompson's legs in a knot, then go rip a bank vault open.

By that logic he would have thought bubbles every time he used his webs using *sploosh* everytime he hit someone especially a female with them.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

If I was to write a What-If about Peter Parker making it to adulthood without becoming Spider-Man it would honestly be pretty dark. It's an interesting enough pitch that I'm down to read it.

Slott kinda did that in his (yet another) Spider-Verse story in an alternate reality where Peter never got bit, but Silk still did (He also takes a bullet for Uncle Ben, because apparently in every reality even if it's not Ben, a Parker has to get hosed up somehow). Peter builds gadgets for her and goes on to become a top employee at Oscorp... annnnd then a bunch of multiverse bullshit happens.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 18, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I liked that issue, kinda bummed out tied into that dagger totem nonsense.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

DIdn't see it mentioned, but in the Ultimate Universe trailer when they show the Spider-Man cover, Spider-Man morphs into black suit Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 before going back to regular Spidey.

The Peter B Parker statement might mean that Ulitmate Spider-Man is from another universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Wanderer posted:

The 9/11 issue of Spider-Man but instead of being with the heroes and crying Dr. Doom, Peter is rapidly editing/posting tribute.wmv

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015

TwoPair posted:

The 9/11 issue of Spider-Man but instead of being with the heroes and crying Dr. Doom, Peter is rapidly editing/posting tribute.wmv

I still don't get that- Doom does 9/11 all the time! So does Magneto. Kingpin, yeah I get that, but those two?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Magneto has bouts of being a decent person and probably some mutants also died in 9/11.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Fivemarks posted:

I still don't get that- Doom does 9/11 all the time! So does Magneto. Kingpin, yeah I get that, but those two?

Also hilarious was Juggernaut being there because in The Rob's X-Force he actually helps bring one of the Towers down.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Fivemarks posted:

Malfunctioning Doombot or he was mad he didn't think of it himself and frame Reed for it.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Codependent Poster posted:

Malfunctioning Doombot or he was mad he didn't think of it himself and frame Reed for it.

He was sad the planes did not hit the Baxter building

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

He was sad the planes did not hit the Baxter building

Pretty sure he was sad that his specially formulated plane fuel couldn't have possibly melted those building's steel beams.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Open Marriage Night posted:

DIdn't see it mentioned, but in the Ultimate Universe trailer when they show the Spider-Man cover, Spider-Man morphs into black suit Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 before going back to regular Spidey.

The Peter B Parker statement might mean that Ulitmate Spider-Man is from another universe.

Those are all confirmed variant covers, at least.

But I did have a similar thought. Like maybe powerless Peter dies instead of Ben so Reed and Tony draft another Spider-Man. Although it would raise the question of why any Peter would leave his home dimension.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Yvonmukluk posted:

Those are all confirmed variant covers, at least.

But I did have a similar thought. Like maybe powerless Peter dies instead of Ben so Reed and Tony draft another Spider-Man. Although it would raise the question of why any Peter would leave his home dimension.

Petey P. Parker was just a normal underemployed social media manager in a normal world like ours, when he was hit by a runaway truck! When he wakes up, he's in a world of his favorite Disney®️ Marvel®️ Superheroes!

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

AzureFlame posted:

Petey P. Parker was just a normal underemployed social media manager in a normal world like ours, when he was hit by a runaway truck! When he wakes up, he's in a world of his favorite Disney®️ Marvel®️ Superheroes!

Sakura Spider in the Doc Oc manga got isekai’d into his world, so, you know, it happens

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can I complain about Captain Marvel here? I didn't care for this issue at all. Jobbing out Genis to a new villain just stunk. And I get the feeling we're not going to see any of the supporting cast from her last series.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Can I complain about Captain Marvel here? I didn't care for this issue at all. Jobbing out Genis to a new villain just stunk. And I get the feeling we're not going to see any of the supporting cast from her last series.

It's nice to establish villains as a threat? And really, Genis should be happy he got to appear in a modern book in any context.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ah yes there's certainly no other way to establish a villain as a threat than to bring back a beloved character who hasn't been used much and have them immediately killed in a couple of pages. How dumb of me to want something better.

It's not as if a bunch of new villains were just introduced in Avengers and established as threats without having to kill an existing character or anything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The best way to establish a villain is a threat by having them defeat or easily escape or outwit our hero at first. That's, like, the main way you do that. Because the story is about the titular hero, and having them be defeated means that this new bad guy can defeat them because you just saw it happen

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Ah yes there's certainly no other way to establish a villain as a threat than to bring back a beloved character who hasn't been used much and have them immediately killed in a couple of pages. How dumb of me to want something better.

Well... Genis is still there at the end, having been reanimated - if he was even dead when what's her name took control of him - which does mean it's very likely he'll be back to normal or yes, possibly, he'll have his spirit 'move on' or whatever but he's still far more alive than many other dead comic characters.

Would have liked at least a mention of Jess or, more importantly, Hazmat, that I agree with. Or even poor Rhodey which might be the most half-hearted comic book relationship I've seen if I hadn't seen Hawkgirl/Martian Manhunter.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ultimate Spidey's married to Mary Jane and it looks like they have kids too. People are going to be so mad when they kill him off again to repeat the most lasting thing the original Ultimate Universe ever did.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

Ultimate Spidey's married to Mary Jane and it looks like they have kids too. People are going to be so mad when they kill him off again to repeat the most lasting thing the original Ultimate Universe ever did.

:sickos:

I'd prefer them getting back together in 616, but let's see where this goes.

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
It would have been funnier if he was in his late 30s and an unmarried loser when he gets his powers but I’ll take this too

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

90sgamer posted:

It would have been funnier if he was in his late 30s and an unmarried loser when he gets his powers but I’ll take this too

It'll be fine when it's revealed that Mary Jane is having an extended affair on Peter with either Harry or Flash. But then it'll be revealed Peter has had a whole second family with Gwen on the other side of the city.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jiro posted:

It'll be fine when it's revealed that Mary Jane is having an extended affair on Peter with either Harry or Flash. But then it'll be revealed Peter has had a whole second family with Gwen on the other side of the city.

Both of them, unbeknownst to each other, are having an affair with Silk.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I trust Hickman to actually write good stories instead of all that

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I'm really interested in the premise, and I hope individual comics in the new line have enough room to breathe without big universe defining events wrecking any momentum of their own they get all the time.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Gripweed posted:

Both of them, unbeknownst to each other, are having an affair with Silk.

I feel like it's more in keeping with the 2023 New York City lifestyle if Cindy's in the mix but they both know drat well that it's happening.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Peter is, in fact, having an affair with J. Edgar Hoover.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Endless Mike posted:

Peter is, in fact, having an affair with J. Edgar Hoover.

Oh, screw you. Now the form Gozer takes is going to be way worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

I trust Hickman to actually write good stories instead of all that