Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Boatswain posted:

I really hope Plague DK doesn't become a thing.

Steam cleaner counters it pretty hard...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not sure if the plague changes matter at all? UUU has no synergy at all and no card draw so that’s out. UUB is potentially better than the current deck with stuff like gnome muncher, arcanite ripper and patchwerk giving a little more survivability and deck interruption — still seems kind of similar power to the current version of the deck. What might happen is going light on plagues with UBB and getting access to even more mass removal, card generation, and healing and still being able to generate the staff of the Primus with the new weapon discover spell. UFF with a burn/Yogg backup plan could work too but you can’t get the weapon which sucks.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
The issue with going single-Unholy is that you only get Helya and Down with the Ship as plague enablers (plus anything you discover). That’s not really worth it; you can’t reliably trigger Tomb Traitor or discount Chained Guardian, so those have to go, and if they’re gone, why are you playing plagues at all?

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

GTO posted:

What other decks would you run this against? I guess maybe to counter Rivendare as a win condition in very slow Priest mirrors. But generally when tech cards are a good inclusion they indicate a horribly warped meta.

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Sep 28, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Boatswain posted:

What other decks would you run this against? I guess maybe to counter Rivendare as a win condition in very slow Priest mirrors. But generally tech cards are a good inclusion they indicate a horribly warped meta.

Mill/Jade druid, which I see quite a bit, and Questline Priest which is rare but does exist

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

Mill/Jade druid, which I see quite a bit, and Questline Priest which is rare but does exist

I was thinking Standard.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think if nothing else you run UUB for the plague decks and swap Thassarian and 2 weak minions out for Patchwerk + gnome munchers.

In terms of redoing the deck from the ground up maybe some sort of small handbuff package could work; the deck is already very minion dense and Plague is pretty much the only archetype that struggles to spend its corpses

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

GTO posted:

Might end up like Duels was a few weeks ago where you pretty much had to tech it to have a chance in the first 3 or 4 matches.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
There's also including Steam Cleaner in a tech card-focused ETC, but that limits you to the kind of decks that can afford to have an ETC full of tech cards in the deck.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Lurks With Wolves posted:

There's also including Steam Cleaner in a tech card-focused ETC, but that limits you to the kind of decks that can afford to have an ETC full of tech cards in the deck.

Remember Control Priest mirrors (when it was a tier 1,5 deck) both including Rivendare and Steamclear in the sideboard, the task is to copy your opponents Rivendare after they've played it and then Steamclean their shuffled-in horsemen.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Boatswain posted:

Remember Control Priest mirrors (when it was a tier 1,5 deck) both including Rivendare and Steamclear in the sideboard, the task is to copy your opponents Rivendare after they've played it and then Steamclean their shuffled-in horsemen.

I used to always play my ETC first and then Whirlpool it(costs 6 mana with Love Everlasting) so Steamcleaner isn't an option anymore. Of course this isn't possible every game

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

RatHat posted:

I used to always play my ETC first and then Whirlpool it(costs 6 mana with Love Everlasting) so Steamcleaner isn't an option anymore. Of course this isn't possible every game

Nice!

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I think ETC full of tech cards is a great addition to any control oriented deck. I've been running it in my warlock deck with the weapon killing minion plus new yogg for fun. Destroying 10 mana warrior weapons never gets old. If you know the meta its like a low key Zephyrs.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
tried to message my recent opponent to tell him intentionally bumping my acolyte of pain four times to make me overdraw one card is never the right move, but he didn't accept the request :smith:

0-mana "draw four cards but lose the fourth" would be easily the best card in the game!! don't give that to your opponent for free!!!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I mean warlocks pay 2 mana for draw 2 and lose one.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Lord Bude posted:

I mean warlocks pay 2 mana for draw 2 and lose one.

3 mana even

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

peer posted:

tried to message my recent opponent to tell him intentionally bumping my acolyte of pain four times to make me overdraw one card is never the right move, but he didn't accept the request :smith:

0-mana "draw four cards but lose the fourth" would be easily the best card in the game!! don't give that to your opponent for free!!!

Completely wrong. The one time he makes an opponent burn a card that costs them the game makes it worth every other time. These are the only kind of situations that make the game worth playing.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
it does depend which deck you’re playing

for instance against Control Warrior it might be worthwhile because if you make them overdraw Odin they’ll probably just immediately ragequit

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Julio Cruz posted:

it does depend which deck you’re playing

for instance against Control Warrior it might be worthwhile because if you make them overdraw Odin they’ll probably just immediately ragequit

The games where your Odin gets burned but you manage to pivot and kill them anyways are the best, though. Same for shoving through somebody's taunt twisting nether imps.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Elysium posted:

Completely wrong. The one time he makes an opponent burn a card that costs them the game makes it worth every other time. These are the only kind of situations that make the game worth playing.

Indeed. Citation: Making a Time Warp mage overdraw his dumbass Romanth so he can't trap me in an endless loop.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

for instance against Control Warrior it might be worthwhile

no, giving your opponent significant card advantage and potentially drawing them Odyn several turns sooner is not worth the one in twenty chance of winning the game. this play will cost you several games for each one it wins you

[obviously game state, number of cards in deck, number of cards in hand, etc will change the equation somewhat]

edit: on the other hand, in the vein of what Elysium's saying above, you'll definitely remember the times your opponent overdrew exactly Odyn while your extra losses will be forgettable and opaque

peer
Jan 17, 2004

my druid opponent got bioluminescence from lifebinder's gift and moonbeamed me for 108 damage :)

thought i was safe at 45 health and with his polluted res pool

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Jailer temp banned from standard which feels like a 'feels' decision, because while it is frustrating to deal with immunes and Tony, druid still has a lot of directions it can go with it's draw/mana cheat package

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Well, a full board of 5/5s on T4 just happened, so Druid is probably fine.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
So why exactly did they take away the ability to click on the anomaly on mobile before the game starts and see what the gently caress mode you are playing as you pick your hero?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I’m guessing it’s a bug, but yeah, it’s real annoying.

Made picking my hero for the “Everyone has 5 lives” anomaly even more surprising when I didn’t see armor on the selections.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Nybble posted:

I’m guessing it’s a bug, but yeah, it’s real annoying.

Made picking my hero for the “Everyone has 5 lives” anomaly even more surprising when I didn’t see armor on the selections.

everyone has five lives?! is that literally the hour plus long bg experience? good god...

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Not quite. Everyone has the Solid Alibi / Animated Armor effect and 5 health

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Luff posted:

Not quite. Everyone has the Solid Alibi / Animated Armor effect and 5 health

That sounds like it should just be default.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I don’t think in the current state Murlocs (outside of the occasional Cleave build getting lucky) can lose, anyway.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I have decided not to stress myself anymore trying to hit legend. There isn’t that much of a difference in reward from diamond, and I’m okay with not getting it. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. I had won the victory over myself. I loved Hearthstone.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I have decided not to stress myself anymore trying to hit legend. There isn’t that much of a difference in reward from diamond, and I’m okay with not getting it. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. I had won the victory over myself. I loved Hearthstone.

If they changed up the Legend card back up it might be worth trying if you care about that sort of poo poo, but the rewards for climbing are fuckin' paltry and even worse in Wild. Once you climbed once and got the card back you can just stop bothering to rank.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I would like to get legend once before the game eventually fizzles out but I don't think I have the time or ability to do it

I just made Plat 5 last night but I'm out of bonus stars so it feels like I'm trying to ice skate uphill

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

skaboomizzy posted:

I would like to get legend once before the game eventually fizzles out but I don't think I have the time or ability to do it

I just made Plat 5 last night but I'm out of bonus stars so it feels like I'm trying to ice skate uphill

Eh you'll be fine building on it over the course of the next few months. The class you like to play the most just needs to randomly have a really good deck and then it'll be a piece of cake.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Blizz accidentally leaked the new expansion a bit early(presumably it’s being revealed this week)

Showdown in the Badlands. Possibly Wild West themed?

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
They've removed the page, comes up with a 404 now.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Screencap so you don't have to be sad if you were late to catch it.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Imagine going out it public wearing that shirt lol

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I think the last time I wore a Tshirt of any kind except as pyjamas would have been when I was about 12. Even then I was smart enough not to wear ones with plastic all over the chest to make you sweat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

I absolutely love breaking the bots with "guess your opponents choice to get a copy" cards.