Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xotl
May 28, 2001

Be seeing you.
I am having a celebratory pączek at the election news and it tastes extra delicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/tomasz_sawczuk/status/1713877677935821187

Konfederacja.txt

Edit: Eastern Europe: possibility of eating dogs wasn't what our voters expected

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Eastern Europe: Turns out PiS is not stored in the ballots

Mods!?

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

mmkay posted:

Eastern Europe: possibility of eating dogs wasn't what our voters expected

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Did Konfa really push legalizing dog eating? Have to admit I was checked out when it came to them.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Mokotow posted:

Did Konfa really push legalizing dog eating? Have to admit I was checked out when it came to them.
Does this have to do with using dog fat to make smalec that has "healing properties"? I remember my grandparents telling us you had to be careful in the rural areas because sometimes people would steal dogs and use their fat to make folk medicine.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Nah it was actually hard hitting truth about meat being meat and dogs having no souls, thus feeling no pain, being no different to farm animals.

Konfederacja is the party of edgelords so no surprises there.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Nah it was actually hard hitting truth about meat being meat and dogs having no souls, thus feeling no pain, being no different to farm animals.

Konfederacja is the party of edgelords so no surprises there.
Oh, so it's literally just "eat dogs". lol ok

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
And here I was thinking it was some idiom...

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

What’s funny is that they are also the strictly no bugs eating party

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Anne Frank Funk posted:

Isn't bug protein the "wonder ingredient" that makes animal food actually nutritious, instead of being 50% bone meal and other fillers?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Der Kyhe posted:

Isn't bug protein the "wonder ingredient" that makes animal food actually nutritious, instead of being 50% bone meal and other fillers?

Yes, and when some scientific articles were published a year or two ago about the actual benefits of eating insects, they turned it into a woke agenda thing and how "they" want you to eat bugs and not delicious meat, which "they" want to take away from you. No idea how eating dogs fits into this.

Bemused Observer
Sep 21, 2019

Konfederacja is a broad umbrella party, so you get a diverse collection of views! Relatedly, I've been skimming the #konfa hashtag on Twitter and the prevailing opinion among the fans seems to be that they underperformed because they didn't focus enough on the pro-COVID/antivaxx/anti-Ukraine messaging. And very disappointingly, that might be true.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bemused Observer posted:

Konfederacja is a broad umbrella party, so you get a diverse collection of views! Relatedly, I've been skimming the #konfa hashtag on Twitter and the prevailing opinion among the fans seems to be that they underperformed because they didn't focus enough on the pro-COVID/antivaxx/anti-Ukraine messaging. And very disappointingly, that might be true.

That's the opinion of Korwin, he can't be wrong :v:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Looks like Korwin is on the verge of not making it into the Sejm. He will be missed.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Mokotow posted:

Looks like Korwin is on the verge of not making it into the Sejm. He will be missed.

A prime example of why giving women the right to vote was a wrong idea :argh: (quoting his interview answer on why he lost in his constituency to a woman from his own party)

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mmkay posted:

A prime example of why giving women the right to vote was a wrong idea :argh: (quoting his interview answer on why he lost in his constituency to a woman from his own party)

Maybe he really needed that Makita Trimmer but at the end was "no, still too expensive and I don't have battery for it anyways".

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
With the partial results in, it looks like Razem did surprisingly well, given the circumstances. The Left overall took a beating, but its furthest-left constituent party kept all 6 of its Sejm seats, might gain one by the end of the count, and grabbed two in the Senate (including one notable upset in a rural district that was expected to go to PiS).

It's not exactly a resounding success and I'm a lot less enthusiastic about Razem than I once was, but I still can't see myself voting for anyone else and seeing them make gains is still heartening by Poland standards.

Guildencrantz fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 16, 2023

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Anne Frank Funk posted:

The hell? They want to eat cute dogs but not uncute bugs? Are they space aliens? :psyduck:

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

:nallears:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Libluini posted:

The hell? They want to eat cute dogs but not uncute bugs? Are they space aliens? :psyduck:

bugs feel no pain which means they couldn’t maximize the cruelty potential

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
and if you eat dogs you’re gonna piss off some julkas which is ultimately the goal of konfederacja

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

goblin week posted:

bugs feel no pain which means they couldn’t maximize the cruelty potential

If you listened to Sośnierz you'd know that dogs don't feel pain either. They're just Cartesian biological machines with no subjective experience and anything done to them has no intrinsic positive or negative moral value, so we should simply treat them as resources.

Fortunately you don't have to listen to Sośnierz ever again because, shockingly after expressing such reasoned views, he lost his seat!

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Continuing the dog topic, but with much nicer news - Karol Litewka, Nowa Lewica candidate from Sosnowiec, put a photo of a dog from a local shelter on his banner and won by a landslide, with over 40.000 votes - more than ANY other candidate from his electoral constituency, including Nowa Lewica leader himself, and twice as many as all Konfederacja candidates combined.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Der Kyhe posted:

So does this make man the long cockroach?

:hmmyes:

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Szarrukin posted:

Continuing the dog topic, but with much nicer news - Karol Litewka, Nowa Lewica candidate from Sosnowiec, put a photo of a dog from a local shelter on his banner and won by a landslide, with over 40.000 votes - more than ANY other candidate from his electoral constituency, including Nowa Lewica leader himself, and twice as many as all Konfederacja candidates combined.

I am taking notes for my 2027 senate run

How come nobody ever runs for the senate. I know it's like a retirement home for politicians, but you need like what, forty thousand votes? It feels like nothing

armpit_enjoyer
Jan 25, 2023

my god. it's full of posts

Szarrukin posted:

But did the doggo get adopted :ohdear:

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES

goblin week posted:

I am taking notes for my 2027 senate run

How come nobody ever runs for the senate. I know it's like a retirement home for politicians, but you need like what, forty thousand votes? It feels like nothing

Various local dudes run for the senate all the time for ego reasons, but since it's fptp if you run from outside the two major camps you're just a spoiler for whoever you're closest to. Part of why the opposition dominated the senate so hard this year is that unlike 2019, Konfederacja thought they were riding a surge and ran candidates in every district, breaking up the right wing vote, lmao

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Rabbit tits liver Artur Dziambor is also out. His claim to fame was rallying on Twitter against Disney reducing Lola Bunny’s cleavage in Space Jam 2 or something.

Happy to report I spent some time trolling him about his passion for zajęcze cyce on Twitter way back when.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Final results are in
Sejm:
194 PiS
157 KO
65 TD
26 Lewica
18 Konfederacja

74,38% turnout

Senate:
66 Opposition
34 PiS

74,31% turnout

Turnout for the referendum (nobody cares about it) 40,91%

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Mokotow posted:

His claim to fame was rallying on Twitter against Disney reducing Lola Bunny’s cleavage in Space Jam 2 or something.

Not only he did the "remember what they took from you" meme unironically, he also illustrated it with actual rule34 of Lola Bunny.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Kosiniak-Kamysz, the head of the rural PSL, which comprises half of TD, was already on the radio saying how he’ll never allow 12-week abortion to be legalized.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

Mokotow posted:

Kosiniak-Kamysz, the head of the rural PSL, which comprises half of TD, was already on the radio saying how he’ll never allow 12-week abortion to be legalized.

He just said the same about same-sex marriages.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I am shocked!

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

He agrees to hold a referendum, which they'll do nothing about the results of because gently caress you that's why. Meanwhile, 80% of the country is pro 12 week abortion and pro at least same sex unions.

Q.E.D. motherfuckers:

Anne Frank Funk posted:

If we don’t have a series of failed minority governments over the next year - year and a half nothing will fix this country ever.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

IM ONE OF THE GOOD ONES
I'm not exactly surprised or disappointed, was anyone expecting TD to vote progressive? A lot of people voted for that explicitly Christian Democrat coalition while fewer people voted for the left, explicitly running on the ostensibly popular pro-choice platform, than last time. It's pretty clear cut that the democratic mandate for legal abortion is not there. Same sex marriage was not on the cards for a second, though civil partnerships might be (but will get vetoed).

Sure, it's mathematically inevitable given opnion polls that a lot of TD's voters probably want those laws to some extent, but clearly they don't want them all that badly. It wouldn't matter if opinion polls said 99% of people want access to abortion as long as far more of them vote for parties and candidates that don't. That's representative democracy for you.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it, but anyone who voted TD and feels somehow betrayed over them following their official well-documented platform is a moron.

Edit: Anyway this is a dumb thing for them to argue about atm. We all know the parliamentary majority will probably not be able to pass a single major change in law until 2025 and certainly not anything progressive, so they need to cooperate purely on what is in their power: the executive and whatever neutral, technical laws Duda won't bother to veto.

Guildencrantz fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Oct 17, 2023

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

This is from 2018, I'm sure you've seen it

Majority of TD voters want at the very least to go back to "abortion compromise". It's the politicians who are holier than thou, and not only in TD but KO as well.

edit:
Same sex unions/marriages - this time from 2022 so TD supporters are present on the chart.

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 17, 2023

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

wrong thread

sad question
May 30, 2020

Leader of conservative party is conservative... this is indeed troubling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

Could be troubling enough if people who voted him in are actually cool with these particular issues.

Edit: how would you vote in a referendum on abortion?

Anne Frank Funk fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 17, 2023