Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Putin the dove!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death of Innocence
Jan 12, 2006

I’m confused what they think the plan is. America and Israel need to wrap this up fast and minimize the casualties in Gaza. It really seems to me that the biggest danger they face is that their genocide is too successful, which would delegitimize both states. If Israel doesn’t stop attacking Gaza and get the water back on soon they’ll be more hated than North Korea in the eyes of the world next year. America and Biden have such direct ownership of what is happening there I think it’ll be catastrophic for them as well. I’m really hoping someone will come to their senses and end all this quickly. They’re both so blinded by bloodlust they don’t see that this atrocity will be an albatross around their neck.

Death of Innocence has issued a correction as of 10:42 on Oct 17, 2023

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Stringent posted:

man, the idf is really looking like a paper tiger at this point aren't they

As in Ukraine it seems Western style over-reliance on air power, SF and propaganda doesn't have what it takes to achieve clear outcomes, except this time the US won't be able to point to its vassal and say "their failures are due to their outdated Semitic thinking" due to the racial-rhetorical structures it has spent a lot of effort to build up around the situation

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cookie Cutter posted:

As in Ukraine it seems Western style over-reliance on air power, SF and propaganda doesn't have what it takes to achieve clear outcomes, except this time the US won't be able to point to its vassal and say "their failures are due to their outdated Semitic thinking" due to the racial-rhetorical structures built up around the situation

The solution will be to paper over any reporting of failures, attack anyone who dares to go counter-narrative and quadruple down while learning ??? [undefined variable].

Pascallion
Sep 15, 2003
Man, what the fuck, man?

Dokapon Findom posted:

I can't even comprehend the level the guy is on to be using his tulpas, plural, to create policy
IIRC they like to get American Chinese takeout, but other ethnic food is too weird.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, I'm noticing that Gaza remains very much uninvaded, 10 days after all this kicked off. IDF clearly badly unprepared for the sort of situation that you'd kind of expect them to be prepared for? I mean, it's not like they've got to haul men and equipment across thousands of miles: Israel-Palestine's a teeny little place and there's plenty of good roads already.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

huh, what would the us response to a summoner meteor swarm destroying those aircraft carriers be? us forming a pact with an ancient pagan monstrosity of lebanon generally? doesn't seem like the us has a lot of capability for necromancy right now, this is probably the best shot the world will get for a while

Wtf, that's NAFO levels of delusion. The US is unparalleled in the field of necromancy! No other country in the world has this many corpses in leadership positions.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
Through conversational brute force, silencing dissent and sheer tyranny of will I am doing a big PR victory for myself. Everyone can see what a genuine victory it is too, and they can also see people are agreeing with me not because they are scared but because I am right. There is no chilling effect whatsoever from my raving accusatory lunacy, this is just what being morally and factually consistent and correct looks like

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Cookie Cutter posted:

As in Ukraine it seems Western style over-reliance on air power, SF and propaganda doesn't have what it takes to achieve clear outcomes, except this time the US won't be able to point to its vassal and say "their failures are due to their outdated Semitic thinking" due to the racial-rhetorical structures it has spent a lot of effort to build up around the situation

i don't think that's what it is here. in this case i think it comes down purely to the will to fight, and the idf knows that in gaza there are hundreds of thousands of men and women who will gladly go to their deaths to kill israeli soldiers, and whatever the idf has on their side, it isn't that.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i bet most idf troops do not want to set foot in gaza they've seen all the same stuff online about what would happen if they did

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Stringent posted:

i don't think that's what it is here. in this case i think it comes down purely to the will to fight, and the idf knows that in gaza there are hundreds of thousands of men and women who will gladly go to their deaths to kill israeli soldiers, and whatever the idf has on their side, it isn't that.

Tbf I would be pretty scared if I was in an army where the policy is none of us are ever allowed to die then finding out about the "no man left alive" directive in the event of my capture

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

The Friendliest Fire

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

incredible policy, you better not look like you’re about to get captured or you risk getting vaporized by your own team

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

El Deif is real. Since this profile was written the Israelis have killed more of his relatives.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Deif
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-57253521

I heard the US Navy found Dorothy.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I guess there's a cultural thing, too? You can't go from being a pathologically casualty-averse army to one that's prepared to accept heavy losses in exchange for a decisive victory just like that, I guess.

Perhaps the delay's due to their Health and Safety guys filling in Risk Assessment forms for any potential Gaza operations: got to be a lot of slip and trip hazards in those mountains of rubble.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what

quote:

4m ago (09:56 GMT)
Next phase may be different from ground offensive: Israel
An Israeli army spokesperson says troops are preparing for the next phase of the war, but that may not be the expected ground invasion of Gaza.

“We are preparing for the next stages of war. We haven’t said what they will be. Everybody’s talking about the ground offensive. It might be something different,” Richard Hecht said at a regular briefing with reporters.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/ClareDalyMEP/status/1714202849930793423

:swoon:

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

genericnick posted:

Wtf, that's NAFO levels of delusion. The US is unparalleled in the field of necromancy! No other country in the world has this many corpses in leadership positions.

lmao

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
There's probably just a huge power struggle between the true believers of zionism and fascism fighting with the globalist fascists that adhere to cruelty is the point and know that a rump prison camp with scary boogeymen as a forever threat is critical to maintaining their police state power.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
israel has worked themselves into an impossible position. either they go in and at the very least take huge casualties, or at most are completely routed, else they stay out and look like complete weaklings that neither hamas nor anyone else should have any qualms about hitting again in the future.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Yeah, Israel was massively fractured before this kicked off and none of those disagreements have been resolved, must be a poo poo-ton of infighting going on behind the facade of unity right now.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/axios/status/1714221202099613791?s=20

quote:

Founding signees include the presidents of Jewish schools (Yeshiva University), Catholic schools (University of Notre Dame), HCBUs (Dillard University), Christian schools (Baylor University), and public systems (SUNY and CUNY).

Plus the presidents of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities, the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities and the United Negro College Fund.

What they're saying: "We are building a broad coalition that can articulate inhumanity when we see it," says Rabbi Ari Berman, president of Yeshiva University. "This is the greatest atrocity against the Jewish people since the Holocaust, and one of the most significant attacks of international terrorism."

Berman declined to specifically address the impact Israel's military response is having on Palestinian civilians in Gaza, except to reiterate the statement's mention of suffering "under Hamas' cruel rule."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yeah, Israel was massively fractured before this kicked off and none of those disagreements have been resolved, must be a poo poo-ton of infighting going on behind the facade of unity right now.

It's a pot luck dinner and everyone bought rice cracker snacks but no main course.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Zenos ground invasion

Soggy Muffin
Jul 29, 2003

? All I’m seeing is a beautiful realm I’d love to enter

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Will, days ago: This is going to be the justified end of the organised left in America.

Will, now: Biden is awesome for caving to the organised left in America.

(Yes I know some of these premises are moronic - I'm saying this is what Will has said)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
who gives a poo poo what that idiot has to say. who is the person that found this guy anyway, thanks a lot!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
has there been any movement on Israel to restore water/power to Gaza?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

crepeface posted:

has there been any movement on Israel to restore water/power to Gaza?

no

quote:

Convoys of lorries carrying emergency food water and medical supplies are waiting on the Egyptian side of the border with Gaza waiting for the crossing point at Rafah to open, while Palestinians with foreign citizenship wait on the other side to leave the enclave. Egypt controls the border but requires Israeli agreement on what and who is allowed to pass through it.

The Rafah border post was hit by a blast attributed to an Israeli airstrike on Monday evening.

https://x.com/MSN/status/1714227041413824823?s=20

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fits my needs posted:

who gives a poo poo what that idiot has to say. who is the person that found this guy anyway, thanks a lot!

Hootington :argh:

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Remember they had a highway chase involving all sorts of military units that ultimately hunted down and killed an innocent Israeli motorist later that afternoon.

I think they were in an absolute blind panic and used the rules of engagement they typically use in Palestine on home soil. They shot anything that moved.

or

Hannibal Directive once word got out dozens of hostages were being taken back to Gaza.

It looks extremely likely that the IDF killed those ravers, yes.
Consider: 1) Hamas had a strategy of taking hostages into Gaza. 2) Hamas infiltration was widespread 3) As far as I know we had no report of any kind of non-firefight stand-off.
Seems to me the only way to explain this is that they went in shooting the heaviest guns they could put their hands on without bothering too much about who they were hitting.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

gradenko_2000 posted:

there's a particular strain of thought in Weimar historiography that places similar, if not necessarily equal, blame on the NSDAP and the KPD for the destruction of the republic because both of them worked to undermine the legitimacy of the republic; as opposed to the SPD, who stood against and astride these forces and advocated to their base to participate in electoralism and parliamentarism.

the SPD is infinitely more responsible for hitler than the KPD and all the SPD delegate names should be chiseled off the memorial to murdered reichstag deputies

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

genericnick posted:

It looks extremely likely that the IDF killed those ravers, yes.
Consider: 1) Hamas had a strategy of taking hostages into Gaza. 2) Hamas infiltration was widespread 3) As far as I know we had no report of any kind of non-firefight stand-off.
Seems to me the only way to explain this is that they went in shooting the heaviest guns they could put their hands on without bothering too much about who they were hitting.

i mean, it's even simpler than that.

hamas had no incentive to needlessly kill civilians, the idf has every incentive to lie about hamas killing civilians.

the whole thing was clearly bullshit from the beginning.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
hmm, iran makes a lot of grand proclamations. how do you know if they are for real, or is the nuance just being lost in translation?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

spacemang_spliff posted:

Apocalypse Wow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFknvFgHc4o

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

great.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/HeatherMarcoux/status/1714221324548317510

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Ardennes posted:

Everyone in the thread comments how meek Hezbollah/Iran has been but if anything the 2006 war was sparked by far less than what has already occurred. Hezbollah hasn't gone all in, but it is clear that the Israelis have been going very light themselves with only a relative handful of strikes.

it's seems to me that they've probably told Israel "if you go into Gaza, as soon as you're nice and bogged down we will rain hell down upon you" and don't plan to be the ones to escalate