Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
on aje they are saying, people that evacuated to the south from gaza city are dying in the homes of families that are hosting them.
so 2-3 entire families are getting wiped out because israel is still bombing the south!
i saw reporters saying some people are heading back north.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah Isreals hitting rafah, the city

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Spergin Morlock posted:

it's seems to me that they've probably told Israel "if you go into Gaza, as soon as you're nice and bogged down we will rain hell down upon you" and don't plan to be the ones to escalate

The IDF has this giant army on paper but it really does seem to be mostly just random people with guns at this point. Their most elite forces have taken brutal losses for such a short conflict, and a lot of front-line formations losing a lot officers so early on which is going to reduce their effectiveness. They also know that that Hezbollah has got their own fortifications in southern Lebanon and that the IDF probably can't dislodge them even with American carrier support.

It seems there is a push to slow this whole thing down so some alternative plan could be put in place.

But there really doesn't seem to be an offramp, as Israel (and by extension, the United States) looks like a joke. They need something to hang their hat on.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Heavy artillery strikes?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Dokapon Findom posted:

Through conversational brute force, silencing dissent and sheer tyranny of will I am doing a big PR victory for myself. Everyone can see what a genuine victory it is too, and they can also see people are agreeing with me not because they are scared but because I am right. There is no chilling effect whatsoever from my raving accusatory lunacy, this is just what being morally and factually consistent and correct looks like

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

lmao

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Grem posted:

What is the Koos Group and why do Arab leaders think it's so important? It keeps coming up wrt the Egyptian border

Many people are asking this question!

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Live. laugh. launch missiles

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

PhilippAchtel posted:

Many people are asking this question!

make speng a mod and swap him and koos for a week imo

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

well i mean the vast majority of white people in america are demon crackers

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Stringent posted:

:hmmyes: speng is a Koos-like and would do a great job

Votskomit
Jun 26, 2013

Asproigerosis posted:

There's probably just a huge power struggle between the true believers of zionism and fascism fighting with the globalist fascists that adhere to cruelty is the point and know that a rump prison camp with scary boogeymen as a forever threat is critical to maintaining their police state power.

Reminds me of Apartheid South Africa. Apartheid was initially established with major assistance from mining magnates who wanted to keep labour costs down.

After Apartheid was established, the National Party kept having internal power struggles between the people who wanted to
a) maximally exploit black people (pragmatists/enlighted liberals); or
b) maximally distance themselves from black people (true believers/ethnofascists).

In the end the true believers never won out, in part because those with money tended to back the pragmatists. It's hard to exploit black labour if they're not allowed in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if a similar dynamic is at work here.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Votskomit posted:

Reminds me of Apartheid South Africa. Apartheid was initially established with major assistance from mining magnates who wanted to keep labour costs down.

After Apartheid was established, the National Party kept having internal power struggles between the people who wanted to
b) maximally distance themselves from black people (true believers/ethnofascists).

In the end the true believers never won out, in part because those with money tended to back the pragmatists. It's hard to exploit black labour if they're not allowed in the country.

there is a reason why BDS is practically illegal in some parts of america

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

VoicesCanBe posted:

lmao. The western "left" is so hosed.

Based on the reaction of so many who appeared to be part of the non-US western left following first Ukraine and now again this the conclusion must be that no organized western left exists, and the number of individuals who are actually left is much, much smaller than those who claim to be left.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/business/status/1714247373352743050?s=20

john brandon's beer summit for peace in the middle east

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

gonna start switching it up on people and ask them if they condemn israel

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

G-dzilla

Zoeb
Oct 8, 2023

Dislike me? Don't spend $10 on a title. Donate to the Palestinian Red Crescent or Doctors Without Borders
https://www.palestinercs.org/en
https://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

Agrajag posted:

there is a reason why BDS is practically illegal in some parts of america

It also demonstrates the complete and utter hypocrisy and lie that the first amendment is. We don't have free speech and we never have had to free speech.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Votskomit posted:

I was gonna say the New Jerseyites moving to open the worst pizza places known to man are probably not doing the real work required to keep society going, and another demographic there doesn’t really do “traditional schooling” required to do a lot of those needed jobs either

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stringent posted:

Is Speng racist enough to be a mod?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

MSNBC has the head of the ADL on using the murder and attempted murder of the Palestinian six year old boy and his mother to blame it on HAMAS and to say any colleges allowing pro-Palestinian demonstrations as allowing terrorist supporters on campus and being anti-Semitic

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lmao

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Cookie Cutter posted:

As in Ukraine it seems Western style over-reliance on air power, SF and propaganda doesn't have what it takes to achieve clear outcomes, except this time the US won't be able to point to its vassal and say "their failures are due to their outdated Semitic thinking" due to the racial-rhetorical structures it has spent a lot of effort to build up around the situation

Israel naming all of their equipment after figures in the Old Testament does make a compelling case for the skull measuring crowd though.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Dokapon Findom posted:

Tbf I would be pretty scared if I was in an army where the policy is none of us are ever allowed to die then finding out about the "no man left alive" directive in the event of my capture

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Dr. VooDoo posted:

MSNBC has the head of the ADL on using the murder and attempted murder of the Palestinian six year old boy and his mother to blame it on HAMAS and to say any colleges allowing pro-Palestinian demonstrations as allowing terrorist supporters on campus and being anti-Semitic

im going to take a wild guess and say that the anchor didnt push back on that

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this is fanfiction

it's cool to talk about, but 100% not true

Who the gently caress is the guy sleeping on my sofa then?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

why is abbas even in these that loser doesnt represent anyone

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

that's the point lol, he doesn't represent anyone and he doesn't push back at all against Israel so they can wheel him out as the voice of Palestine, can stand in for when inviting Israel would be unacceptable

Okay Mr. Abbas say your line, denounce Hamas, good boy, you can go back to your mansion now.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

vibes based genocide

as in the west only condemns genocide or the implication of when their "enemies" are involved

but i guess that applies to every country

buuuuuut who really has been doing all the genocides the last few decades?

:thunk:

its america and the west

Agrajag has issued a correction as of 13:06 on Oct 17, 2023

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

HallelujahLee posted:

had to find someone even older than joe biden to be there

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

israel should just take the L and go home

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

fits my needs posted:

had to find someone even older than joe biden to be there

born 15 November 1935
wtf

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Popy posted:

to Europe?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Stringent posted:

man, the idf is really looking like a paper tiger at this point aren't they

quick post more insta idf thots to shore up morale and support in america

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

that's the point lol, he doesn't represent anyone and he doesn't push back at all against Israel so they can wheel him out as the voice of Palestine, can stand in for when inviting Israel would be unacceptable

Okay Mr. Abbas say your line, denounce Hamas, good boy, you can go back to your mansion now.

thats a good point

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

He represents Western interests inside Palestinian territory (not the actual people of course). I think the idea is to try to agree to get him to agree to some type of "voluntary removal" program for civilians in northern Gaza in exchange for aid.

Israel is also desperately trying to train reservists at this point, but that seems more of an emergency thing.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Popy posted:

the Levant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

genericnick posted:

born 15 November 1935
wtf

Fun fact: Biden was born closer to Lincoln’s inauguration than to his.