Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

thank you to buffalo's greatest news station for focusing on what matters right now:

https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/buffalo/wny-familys-dream-vacation-to-israel-cut-short-by-war/

clicked to see if it was my family friends lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

PawParole posted:

Decades of deindustrialization has destroyed America’s ability to actually fight large-scale wars. The Americans produce 30x less artillery shells today than they did in 1995, and weapons procurement is constantly plagued with delays, cost overruns, and faulty equipment. The US Navy had nearly 600 ships when Ronald Reagan was President. Today it’s under 270 ships and less than 70 destroyers. They still have the aircraft carriers, but even the new Ford class ships have serious problems that cripple their ability to fight wars

capitalism ftw

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

HallelujahLee posted:

capitalism ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PawParole posted:

Decades of deindustrialization has destroyed America’s ability to actually fight large-scale wars. The Americans produce 30x less artillery shells today than they did in 1995, and weapons procurement is constantly plagued with delays, cost overruns, and faulty equipment. The US Navy had nearly 600 ships when Ronald Reagan was President. Today it’s under 270 ships and less than 70 destroyers. They still have the aircraft carriers, but even the new Ford class ships have serious problems that cripple their ability to fight wars

rad maybe all that rust belt misery served a purpose after all

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Al! posted:

how many people insist that humans are naturally fundamentally stupid, selfish, and evil and will ever be thus, but also grew up in the United States lol

The person I know who is most adamant in this belief is Finnish lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

clicked to see if it was my family friends lol

lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

lol

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

im assuming europes military state is even more dire

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

concerning

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Orange Devil posted:

welp lmao

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time to start a commission to figure out why finns are so stupid

speng31b
May 8, 2010

HallelujahLee posted:

we already did....its called cspam

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

speng31b posted:

we already did....its called cspam

concerning

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

PawParole posted:

turning the military-industrial complex into the donut feeding machine from the homer goes to hell episode of the simpsons, but it's shareholders being force fed dollars.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

HallelujahLee posted:

capitalism ftw

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Zodium posted:

turning the military-industrial complex into the donut feeding machine from the homer goes to hell episode of the simpsons, but it's shareholders being force fed dollars.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/1714270954019316020

(It's that they don't support genocide and apartheid enough)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Orange Devil posted:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/lymanstoneky/status/1714267650988065152

Holy crap

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

HallelujahLee posted:

wasn't that poster that started the thread about disowning his grandmother finnish?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Half of my ammunition handbooks look like this

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

This is from February. They are all Zionists now.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Stringent posted:

wasn't that poster that started the thread about disowning his grandmother finnish?

i believe so yes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PawParole posted:

The US Navy had nearly 600 ships when Ronald Reagan was President. Today it’s under 270 ships and less than 70 destroyers.

I remember when Mitt Romney brought up something like this in 2012 and Obama just laughed it off with a condescending remark about how the Army has fewer bayonets too

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Orange Devil posted:

it’s pretty pervasive among Americans to inherently believe human nature is exploitative and cruel, it’s useful to rationalize many things in the liberal project, like disenfranchising the poor, or explaining why they personally won’t change their behavior from ways that are functionally cruel, like voting for Joe Biden or going to see tswift anyway after popping pos on a COVID test. the cruelty machine can keep chomping because hey, if white Europeans weren’t exploiting the world into an extinction event, surely it would be the Chinese!!!

Engorged Pedipalps
Apr 21, 2023

It's pretty wild tbh

The image of Israel as a nation of warriors beset on all sides is pretty hard to conceive against the backdrop of the last couple of weeks. It really makes sense, I guess, that Israel doesn't have much in the way of combat ability, given that all they've done with their military for the last fifty years is maintain an apartheid state.

The failure of their intelligence services is maybe the hardest thing to reconcile but I guess Israeli spy services probably had the same post cold war drain on resources and experience and we're probably long past the days of Israel sneaking thirty man teams into foreign countries and hearing mice fart in Gaza

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

israel is trying to bait hezbollah and syria into attacking them in order to start a broader regional war which is why the us has a bunch of marines and aircraft carriers sitting around the Mediterranean. if hezbollah can keep the idf tied up there that limits what the idf can do elsewhere. there's probably not anything else hezbollah could be doing that wouldn't make things worse because they don't have the capability to conquer all of israel while the us snipes them from an aircraft carrier

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

PawParole posted:

its nice to read some good news every now and then ITT

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

PawParole posted:

it's actually better than that, because as the business in ukraine has shown us, the future of warfare is huge numbers of cheap drones and missiles, and guess who's in the best position to make those?

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
IMHO it is bad that thousands are dying of dehydration but nothing can happen until Biden gets his photo op

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Hatebag posted:

israel is trying to bait hezbollah and syria into attacking them in order to start a broader regional war which is why the us has a bunch of marines and aircraft carriers sitting around the Mediterranean. if hezbollah can keep the idf tied up there that limits what the idf can do elsewhere. there's probably not anything else hezbollah could be doing that wouldn't make things worse because they don't have the capability to conquer all of israel while the us snipes them from an aircraft carrier

they do have hundreds of thousands of rockets which i assume can be launched towards a carrier

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

PawParole posted:

I bet their budget hasn't gone down!

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/JoeNBC/status/1714270954019316020

(It's that they don't support genocide and apartheid enough)

https://twitter.com/UssamaMakdisi/status/1714258950680715714?s=20

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Hatebag posted:

anyone remember what happened the last time the us marines went to lebanon?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

HallelujahLee posted:

im assuming europes military state is even more dire

lol, what military? we gave it all away to ukraine

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

dude where were you 17 years ago

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

HallelujahLee posted:

capitalism ftw

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/tamars/status/1714215178915450990?s=20

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Lmao so many Dems are gonna lose election because it'll be a circular gunfight of who is anti semitic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

HallelujahLee posted:

they do have hundreds of thousands of rockets which i assume can be launched towards a carrier

right, plus missiles, drones, and god knows what else. i think they could blow that fucker up. but sinking or even just attacking a carrier would mean they're going all-in for an existential war that would envelope the entire region and probably cause millions of deaths