Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It seemed like a reasonable take to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Harari is correct here. It's not just abhorrent to do terror in response to terror, it doesn't work. The War Against Terror didn't achieve anything other than an amusing acronym. The people going "nuke islam" in response to 9/11 and 7/7 created more problems than they ever solved. And it fits in with things he has discussed elsewhere about how the reasons that systems of religious ethics took off worldwide is because they're better than endless cycles of violence, and that as much as violence has been done in the name of sectarianism and faith nearly all of them at least say "endless cycles of revenge suck rear end actually, and consign the perpetrator to suffer too" as a moral point, because if they didn't, as he also says, what would be the point?

forkboy84 posted:

Nice that they made a condom specifically for half of Northern Ireland & parts of central & southwestern Scotland
I hear that the Pope disapproves.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

The War Against Terror didn't achieve anything other than an amusing acronym.

Now I have the term "Wet rear end Terror" in my head and I'm not allowing any of you to get away with not also having it in your head. Enjoy :colbert:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/1714216538578849793?s=20

The stupidest country

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Sainsburys should be raided by the police, I saw them selling Hamas on the shelf there the other day, all different flavours too.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
We regret to inform you that paragliding is antisemitism now

https://twitter.com/DylanMurphyIRL/status/1714294266972012660?t=Qanq8srhns-vfJ_aorgBuw&s=19

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
Parastinians! :argh:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
HELLO THREAD, RESIDENT GOOFY CHAP JAKABITE HERE WITH SOME GREAT NEWS

As some of you may know I’ve had a protest related case against me for about 4 years now and was due to go on trial in March next year, with a potential if convicted to be going to prison for a bit of time. It was a vindictively handled case obviously designed to intimidate.

AND ITS JUST BEEN DROPPED BY THE CPS

SUCK MY ARSEHOLE AND SWEATY BALLS YOU loving PIG CUNTS

WAHOOOOOOOOO

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Flying into a rage and flipping over the monopoly board because I though it said Free Palestine.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Free doncaster.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Jakabite posted:

As some of you may know I’ve had a protest related case against me for about 4 years now and was due to go on trial in March next year, with a potential if convicted to be going to prison for a bit of time. It was a vindictively handled case obviously designed to intimidate.

WAHOOOOOOOOO

:yeah:

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Eyyyy congrats! gently caress the fascists.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

FREE PALESTINE JAKABITE

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations. drat the man in all his forms.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations!

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Congratulations from all of us whose money won't be wasted on persecuting you.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Time to sue for wrongful arrest and cash in!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Congratulations from all of us whose money won't be wasted on persecuting you.

Approximately 2 million pounds of it has apparently already been wasted on the attempt, sadly, but at least it was wasted!

I am really hoping I can get some payback for this shower of poo poo

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Jakabite posted:

Approximately 2 million pounds of it has apparently already been wasted on the attempt, sadly, but at least it was wasted!

I am really hoping I can get some payback for this shower of poo poo

Please can I have a refund?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Imagine wasting 830,000 free school meals on being a oval office.
4,500 training courses for aerated concrete inspectors.
270 hip replacements.
5 months running costs of Michael Gove's private members club.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Congratulations Jakabite, I assume you've got plans to celebrate so try not to go too hard and get arrested again.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

gently caress yeah

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Wishing you a nice relaxing day for such good news. :thumbsup:

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Congrats Jakabite :woop:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Noice.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
:letsgo:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gently caress da police

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

First Josef bugman is getting married and now this. This thread is finally bringing good feelings!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

gently caress da police

:hmmyes:

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

Please can I have a refund?

You’d think you’d be content with the earnings from your illustrious acting career mr Poitier. In all seriousness if I manage to sue successfully (which tbh I doubt but you never know) I’ll be making a hefty donation to the UK goon fund, and I’ll send you all a chocolate orange (non shop soiled)

Thanks everyone! I’m off to eat my body weight in rich foods, get rat arsed and, as Miftan says, hopefully not get arrested again.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

:woop: :woop:

Must be a massive, massive relief. You defo deserve a massive, massive celebration. Good luck with the hangover!

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Niric posted:

:woop: :woop:

Must be a massive, massive relief. You defo deserve a massive, massive celebration. Good luck with the hangover!

I feel like a new person to be honest. It’s also extremely odd having had the timeline of my near future defined by a single looming event rumbling ever closer for so long and then it’s just… gone.

I cannot stress enough how hosed the ‘justice’ system is. A cruel and unfeeling machine designed to bully and intimidate.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Does Bluesky embed yet?

https://bsky.app/profile/randomvariable.co.uk/post/3kbx5g3bam52e

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Goongratulations friend you must be buzzing

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Keith asking a focus group if supporting the hospital and school bombers is a bad look.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Congratulations on not going to prison I guess.

But its indicative of a wider problem, the youth just don't find prison enticing anymore now it's at his majesty's pleasure rather than hers.

Whole thing needs a rethink

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Excellent stuff. I've been seeing your periodic updates and while it'd faded to the dark corners of my mind I'm glad to know it turned out well for ya.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Did they drop the case because we've run out of prison spaces?

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Jakabite posted:

I feel like a new person to be honest. It’s also extremely odd having had the timeline of my near future defined by a single looming event rumbling ever closer for so long and then it’s just… gone.

I cannot stress enough how hosed the ‘justice’ system is. A cruel and unfeeling machine designed to bully and intimidate.

Congrats. I went through something similar years ago with an offence that took almost 5 years to get to court with an expected prison sentence. I got 3 months probation, but those 5 years were a real blow on my well-being. Just not being able to make any long-term plans, and even when having a normal day something random would trigger thoughts of my life being destroyed by imprisonment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Jakabite posted:

WAHOOOOOOOOO

Congratulations!