Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

that paqueta inquiry went quiet real quick. be funny if west ham reported it knowing it would go nowhere, just to scupper his transfer

I think it’s just out of the spotlight, I do remember hearing about other related guys earlier in the year. And those sort of things do take time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

yeah. though i think unless they find some corroborating evidence it’s real loving hard to prove the two yellows weren’t a coincidence. no matter how obvious it is lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Toney’s investigation took six months

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

There are ten more supposedly. Zaniolo’s current claim is that he was playing online blackjack on a site he didn’t know was illegal. I suspect that he was placing bets on games he was actively playing in at half time with that kind of excuse

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

yeah. though i think unless they find some corroborating evidence it’s real loving hard to prove the two yellows weren’t a coincidence. no matter how obvious it is lol

Thing is someone took a screenshot of the odds on Pacqueta being booked and it was negative after his family/friends heavily moved the line by betting he would get booked. While the avg on him was much higher for every other game before and after. Imo Pacqueta will get a even bigger ban Toney. In Toney's case he didn't affect the games since he only bet in games he didn't play.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

There are ten more supposedly. Zaniolo’s current claim is that he was playing online blackjack on a site he didn’t know was illegal. I suspect that he was placing bets on games he was actively playing in at half time with that kind of excuse

I've seen some lists of names thrown around this morning that could very well be fake but are real bad if they aren't.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
wrong thead

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

This has a chance to get very funny

https://twitter.com/FootballTalkHQ/status/1713501331627880517

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vUUdRsDgVA

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

:rolldice:

Surely nobody will notice.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Manager goes feral. Lmao.
https://x.com/nocontextfm1/status/1713488131331153938?s=61&t=kZzNggVAQVMbD6Gfx_cTFA

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

tbf he also owns the club, so he can be wish.com Neil Warnock every day and you legally can't stop him

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Dorking Wanderers huh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

FullLeatherJacket posted:

tbf he also owns the club, so he can be wish.com Neil Warnock every day and you legally can't stop him
hell yeah lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

FullLeatherJacket posted:

living the dream

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Combination of using an illegal betting service and potentially betting on their own games

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1714276217179005431?s=20

important to note Fagioli's ban is separate from a FIFA ban for similar offenses

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1714262863861203436?s=20

Considnering EA FUT is essentialyl gambling and we know footballers play a ton of it I wonder what effect is has. Tonali is apparently the ringleader of the whole thing so he's gone for a long time

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

I would be a lot more receptive to the authorities stance on betting if betting sponsors weren't literally everywhere in the stadiums, on shirts, in ad breaks at half time etc

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wonder if they'll try that as a defence in face of a ban. Giant holographic ray winstone's head in the courtroom

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
But Ray reminds everyone to gamble responsibly, so if they don't then it's on them!!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
We love to bet, betting is great!! Bet with your mates! Betting is how real fans show their love for their teams! gently caress yeah!

*serious face, turns to camera*

But remember to stop betting if you, the compulsive gambler, feel like you need a break

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Not sure if he should focus on adding more gambling at this point tbh, looks like he has a real problem

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Love to see the Saudis burn cash because they signed a gambling addict

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

At what point does a player's agent decide their player is no longer a bored millionaire but actually a degenerate gambling addict?

I'm assuming it's when they get caught.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Vegetable posted:

i don't think they'll fall to pieces over Tonali, if anything they might even say the case against him doesn't have a leg to stand on, and if worst comes to worst they'll adapt quickly because they love to chop and change

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

vyelkin posted:

i don't think they'll fall to pieces over Tonali, if anything they might even say the case against him doesn't have a leg to stand on, and if worst comes to worst they'll adapt quickly because they love to chop and change

:sever:

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

this is completely irrelevant to anything and mostly indicative of how little attention I pay to Serie A

but good god this year's juve kit is merda to the point of being viscerally upsetting

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
mainz just terminated el ghazi's contract and apparently it was for sharing this

e: supposedly "from the river to the sea" is taken to be a call for the destruction of israel which the german legal system comes down very hard on. so. yeah. still fuckin tame though all things considered.

https://twitter.com/Mainz05en/status/1714332705943372199

Nuclear Spoon fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 17, 2023

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Nuclear Spoon posted:

mainz just terminated el ghazi's contract and apparently it was for sharing this

https://twitter.com/Mainz05en/status/1714332705943372199

loving hell.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vegetable posted:

good news we can now officially threaten to 911 opposition teams

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rapist fc vs gambling addicts fc.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Redo that Saudi tweet about Canada except it's the San Siro

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Ulio posted:

Rapist fc vs gambling addicts fc.

arsenal charity match?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

vyelkin posted:

:lol:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tonali reportedly confessed to betting on Milan matches so he's probably going to get banned too

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

triple sulk posted:

Tonali reportedly confessed to betting on Milan matches so he's probably going to get banned too

Should be a lifetime ban if you're placing bets on your current club imo

Sorry, Ivan.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Should be a lifetime ban if you're placing bets on your current club imo

Sorry, Ivan.

I believe Toney just bet on games he wasn't in so he couldn't really affect the outcome.

I still believe Pacqueta will get a huge ban if they found out he was guilty for the yellow because that is almost match fixing level poo poo. Same for Tonali, if he bet on games he played he is beyond hosed. Because it's not just yellows but you can bet on players taking shots, doing tackles. Those are super easy to hide especially if you bet on yourself. But the thing is if they bet huge amounts on themselves they would move the line on a illiquid bet.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Either do proper granular fixing of something like throw ins per half or do Ghanaian league match fixing where they score 70 first half goals

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ulio posted:

I believe Toney just bet on games he wasn't in so he couldn't really affect the outcome.

Doesn't matter when you know who's on the physio table, who's carrying a knock the public doesn't know about, who had a bad clam two days ago, etc.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Toney used to bet on himself to score which should be allowed imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Betting on yourself should be fine if it's about scoring worldies, taking powerful shots from your own half until your team gets tired of your poo poo