Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I'm going necro again this season; it's my favourite class by far and I've never levelled with Blight which seems to have some minion synergy so that's my plan. I expect overworld levelling to be very popular and corpse explosion is incredible for ad-hoc group stuff, so it'll be shadow pools as far as the eye can see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Ice Fist posted:

I have no idea if it's going to be good

but it's hopefully cool

Hell yea brother Diablo yea brother?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

EC posted:

Being married to a horse girl who loves Diablo means I'll probably be spending money on the battle pass so she can collect all the horses.

Congratulations, this is 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars cheaper than having horses.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Feels like maybe the game should be patching at this point

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm off work in two hours has the new season dropped yet?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Soonmot posted:

I'm off work in two hours has the new season dropped yet?

opens up at 1pm eastern

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I wonder how much twitch pick up there will be

I assume blizz will sponsor a bunch

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

bamhand posted:

Congratulations, this is 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars cheaper than having horses.

Oh believe me, I know. "We" have three.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

S1 I did barbarian so I didn't engage with the dress up much. Just a shirtless dude smashing demons.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

euphronius posted:

I wonder how much twitch pick up there will be

I assume blizz will sponsor a bunch

there will be lots because there are drops

already up to 42k and the season is still 90 mins out

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

opens up at 1pm eastern

Cool. By the time I go shopping and get showered, it'll be werewolf time

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Bobby Deluxe posted:

The biggest problem with the cosmetics shop is that you other players can't see any of it.

When I did the server slam I was stoked to find out you get a free wolf which I had figured was going to be a cosmetic pet like in D3, but then it's actually a tiny black wolf puppy in a hammock on your characters back that nobody is ever going to see.

Same with the awoken coldiron set. I started a necro halfway through last season and immediately transmogged it on, and it looks cool in the menus and all but in game all most people will see is a vaguely smoking blur dashing across the screen.

They should have group invites work like those tv ads that pop up in the corner of the screen for 10 seconds. Especially if you get a druid doing the cross arms, raise eyebrows while slowly rotating thing.

like the ones for football or whatever where they start back to the camera and are in some kind of rotating disc and they slowly get turned around while they strike a cool arms crossed pose? that’d be dope as hell

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
/\ we can get that when they add a quick group lol

Back to cosmetic chat, I'm really surprised there's no good titty armor. I was sorceress last season and that should have been the perfect class for some. Like I have two moods, either super badass and intimidating, or hilariously over the top sexy. I barely had the options for the first and nothing for the second.

Still managed to have all the outfit presets filled up tho, so jokes on me I guess.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Patch in 10 minutes apparently

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
i am ready to morb

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
4.17GB remaining @ 8.38 KB/s

gently caress yeah, gonna play in...

5.76 days?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
question for the good posters only: should i play this patch

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Anyone play the last season and pre-season can give me a quick estimation of what class might struggle the least in this new season? Any new items or passives or whatever looking super busted? I'd hate to miss out on a class that is just a blender this season since I typically only play 1 class a season.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

you just had the burn out, just get it done grind before the end of season 1. there were a few good updates during season one to iron out the bugs and up XP and the like. it’s 3 months long

i’d say chill on it for a week or two personally, see how it pans out. we are no longer in the post nut clarity of season one

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

poemdexter posted:

Anyone play the last season and pre-season can give me a quick estimation of what class might struggle the least in this new season? Any new items or passives or whatever looking super busted? I'd hate to miss out on a class that is just a blender this season since I typically only play 1 class a season.

infinimist necro looking more strong than ever, TB rogue same as it always was, poison druid of some kind (probably requires tempest roar though), sorc firewall or hydra might be good but hard to tell without playing

barb is a less sure bet, overpower mechanics might be tuned so he’s a one shot machine or so he’s a wet noodle. bear druid is the same. minion necro might be s chill move too? might be tied to a unique? didn’t look that much into it tbh

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Verviticus posted:

play if there is a class you’ve been wanting to try out imo

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

poemdexter posted:

Necros gonna have it pretty easy I think, rogues are always good.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

if only necros werent so slow. blood mist really should be a movement increase not a decrease.

there seems to be some move speed in the vampire poo poo though so maybe it'll bedope

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I wanted to make a minion necro from the beginning but it wasn't very good, maybe I'll try it now

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

kind of wishing i hadn't played a bone spear necro last season since Blood is kind of their thing but gonna try out a chain lightning sorc this time out cuz i like teleporting

also i tried to fight lillith at level 100 a few times yesterday and lol just lol

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Game is currently patching at 17kb/s, ill be able to play tomorrow i guess?

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
lmao why is this a NINE GIGABYTE patch on PS5???

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Verviticus posted:

Yes, if you enjoyed the game before and want to play it some more now that things are even better.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010

quote:

Hello everyone,

We have encountered some technical issues with our current build and will be delaying Season of Blood’s start time by a few hours to remedy these issues. Once we have more information, we’ll update you right away. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the feedback you have provided and your patience.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

lol and lmao

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gamer Dads screaming in pain: they had an hour to play before the kids get home from school.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
50kb/s

I guess I'll play tomorrow

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
rip. if you’ve patched there’s a mismatch between client and server so you can’t play in the interim

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Doomykins posted:

Gamer Dads screaming in pain: they had an hour to play before the kids get home from school.

Not seeing a lie here

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Field Mousepad posted:

50kb/s

I guess I'll play tomorrow

Like the rest of us.

"A few hours" :lol:

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

They saw D3's transition time between patching and season start, went 'nah we don't need this amateur poo poo' and had to learn the lesson on their own

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Doomykins posted:

From swimming school, thank you. :colbert:

Oh well, dinner's already prepared better get back to brooming. I was already set on being a cool wolf this time.

I managed to log in and check my pre season 69 rogue is now accompanied by a level 59 bear man. Hope to reach level 49 this time so I can keep the trend.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
"Game doesn't work" wasn't on my S2 self destruct bingo card, lol.

It is weird in hindsight that they didn't close S1 down last week.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I would like to think the nails are just being hammered into the coffin for Blizzard, but I know they will keep getting away with poo poo games every 5 years like nothing happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
smol bean indy company hard to patch uwu