Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Department meeting
Six AM
Attendance mandatory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

Department meeting
Six AM
Attendance mandatory

Company-wide email blast...
...from Elon.

Alternately:

Company-wide email...
...didn't use BCC.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I think I posted it before (maybe in another thread?) But at my old job the new CTO send an entire company IT division wide email as CC, then sent it again because he missed the translation . Way to inspire confidence in your technical leadership.

It was amazing that nobody sent a "please remove me from this mailing list" but I guess everyone in IT has some sense of self preservation.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Lockback posted:

Hemingway couldn't pen a more compact tragedy.

Microwaved fish.
For breakfast.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Good morning.
Hello.
Can I ask a question?

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
No-one can give you any minutes of your life back.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Atopian posted:

No-one can give you any minutes of your life back.

https://keysleft.com/

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
No employee is a Person, intire of it selfe; every employee is a peece of the Departmente, a part of the maine; if a Meeting be washed away by the Sea, the Companie would be the lesse, as well as if EBITDA were, as well as if an Executive Bonuse of your Directore or of your C-Suite were; any Asse not in its Chaire diminishes me, because I am involved in the Companie; and therefore never send to know for whom the Teams notification dings; it dings for thee.

(apologies to John Donne)

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 13, 2023

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Eric the Mauve posted:

No employee is a Person, intire of it selfe; every employee is a peece of the Departmente, a part of the maine; if a Meeting be washed away by the Sea, the Companie would be the lesse, as well as if EBITDA were, as well as if an Executive Bonuse of your Directore or of your C-Suite were; any Asse not in its Chaire diminishes me, because I am involved in the Companie; and therefore never send to know for whom the Teams notification dings; it dings for thee.

what's france got to do with this

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Currently working on a project with one of those guys who responds to every chat message with “call me please” and it’s driving me insane. He also likes to call unsolicited/without any heads up.

My dude, this is not how the world works anymore.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Lol

Also seeing "employee" has made me mildly triggered about when I recently asked HR a tax question, and the reply forwarded back referred to me just as "EE" throughout. So loving dehumanising.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

Gin_Rummy posted:

Currently working on a project with one of those guys who responds to every chat message with “call me please” and it’s driving me insane. He also likes to call unsolicited/without any heads up.

Ignore all calls, reply with "message me please".

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

theHUNGERian posted:

Microwaved fish.
For breakfast.

Early meeting.
Brought my natto.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Real interesting to see global companies navigate their responses to world politics right now. My company has set up a pretty good donation match that includes both Israeli and Palestinian charities. I’m pleasantly surprised.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
We have a branch in Israel so it's kind of a wash over here. It's not surprising we're taking sides when we have employees in Tel Aviv.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My company's donation portal gave me a "you are not eligible to access this page" message, presumably because I'm a filthy contractor.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

docbeard posted:

My company's donation portal gave me a "you are not eligible to access this page" message, presumably because I'm a filthy contractor.

UNCLEAN!!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LanceHunter posted:

Company-wide email blast...
...from Elon.

Alternately:

Company-wide email...
...didn't use BCC.

Why am
I

on this

list????

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Think before
You print
This email

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Let's talk about
this
Off line

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Jenkl posted:

Ignore all calls, reply with "message me please".

I may be overly cynical with no trust remaining in my fellow humans, but I really think most of the people who insist on "just call me" are trying to ensure there is no record of what was agreed on. I worked at a place where the rear end in a top hat managers went on a big "stop emailing, just pick up the phone and get poo poo done" kick, and it went badly for the non-assholes. Ask them to send a summary before you act. Or at a minimum you send a summary "as we agreed on the phone, I'm going to do xyz".

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Baddog posted:

I may be overly cynical with no trust remaining in my fellow humans, but I really think most of the people who insist on "just call me" are trying to ensure there is no record of what was agreed on. I worked at a place where the rear end in a top hat managers went on a big "stop emailing, just pick up the phone and get poo poo done" kick, and it went badly for the non-assholes. Ask them to send a summary before you act. Or at a minimum you send a summary "as we agreed on the phone, I'm going to do xyz".

The summary is critical - unless you both don't want to have a record of what was agreed on, which can definitely be useful to both parties at times.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Contemporaneous!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Gin_Rummy posted:

text messages just stating 'call me please' is like every text ever from my boomer dad, regardless of the urgency or topic he wants to talk about

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

pmchem posted:

text messages just stating 'call me please' is like every text ever from my boomer dad, regardless of the urgency or topic he wants to talk about

I get about one voicemail a week, it's invariably

'this is your mother, call me'

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Hi please call me
Left you a voicemail, please call me
Hi X, did get you my email, please call me

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Meeting invite
Boss' office
4:45 Friday

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Baddog posted:

I used to work with someone on another team that was like this. They would always call asking for crazy things and never wanted a written record of their demands. Eventually I just stopped answering the phone when I saw it their caller ID and instead I would send them an IM saying, "Hi, I saw you called but I'm very busy at the moment, can you send me an email with your request?" I never got an email from them.

They did eventually start calling my boss to try to force me to call them back, but my boss knew what they were up to and also just politely ask them to send an email.

Jenkl
Aug 5, 2008

This post needs at least three times more shit!

tactlessbastard posted:

I get about one voicemail a week, it's invariably

'this is your mother, call me'

Really weird for your boss to talk to you like that but hey, ya gotta eat.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Jordan7hm posted:

Real interesting to see global companies navigate their responses to world politics right now. My company has set up a pretty good donation match that includes both Israeli and Palestinian charities. I’m pleasantly surprised.

Weirdly wise.
Expect them to do something terrible soon to make up for it.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Eric the Mauve posted:

:golfclap:

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

Hooray I’ve been working again, shame I have to go in to work tomorrow.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Started my week by finding out that Big Corp is asking my manager to reduce the size of our team (we are contractors) and specifically mentioned me (because I was the last one to join).

What a kick in the nuts, lol.

In theory I would be assigned to another client but gonna start out sending CVs anyway, I think.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Board met, we're doing fine financially but we're going to send out warning signs just so we have a reason to shitcan dpkg chopra in particular. gently caress that guy.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

The Board met, we're doing fine financially but we're going to send out warning signs just so we have a reason to shitcan dpkg chopra in particular. gently caress that guy.

This is you making sure I send my CV to that job offer you forwarded, isn’t it?

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

E:

Fun with matrix assessments: Many companies perform matrix risk assessments based on Severity x Occurrence Rate x Detectability. Given how many times I've injured myself playing soccer compared to the other two, I'd bet good money that the final matrix scores would put soccer at either the same or higher risk level than dangerous chemicals. :haw:

Sundae fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 17, 2023

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dpkg chopra posted:

This is you making sure I send my CV to that job offer you forwarded, isn’t it?

I sent some emails, planted some bad seeds. Regular corporate stuff.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Kinda a tangent but how do y’all handle the goon referral? “Oh one of my posting pals from this dead comedy website is a [whatever] you should check them out” or what

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I goatsed Lockback’s contact. I will only work for True Posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
“Met them while networking” is the term to use here. works for rich people in country clubs, why not us too!