Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Dijkstracula posted:

mine so far is just basic lifts but the coaches are on the powerlifting team on campus so I think ultimately that’s what we will end up transitioning into

Very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

morning deadlifts today. gonna be out of town Wednesday so I’m gonna miss a gym day and lose all my gains.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

my parents are buying a house that is furnished and it has a bunch of rogue brand crossfit poo poo in the garage. I might steal the rubber plates and rack and barbells

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

goddamn thats a nice thing to get for free

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

goddamn thats a nice thing to get for free

I'll see what's actually there tomorrow. They asked me to come along and look at it while they are getting the home inspection done. The previous owner seems like some kind of rich rear end in a top hat.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

akadajet posted:

The previous owner seems like some kind of rich rear end in a top hat.
congrats on buying stymies old house

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple on pizzadog derangement syndrome
hell yes

https://twitter.com/AItoiI/status/1353303042863452160

inset
Sep 20, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ADINSX posted:

Nice, is it powerlifting or something like trx?

I need to get back into group workouts. I need people there to motivate me or I just bro out on the chest fly machine :(

I joined a local club that does olympic weightlifting, so snatch and clean & jerk, would highly recommend if you hate your shoulders / wrists :thumbsup:
jokes aside, it hurts less now than it did in the beginning, but couldn't really move my arms above my head after the first week

very fun if you're into technical stuff, there is SO MUCH to learn

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

would

also tomorrow is me returning after a month long vacation

while on vacation i realized i got the same sort of relief/anxiety cooldown from hot springs and saunas and the beach as weightlifting so i didnt go

gonna start over at my baselines (100 bench/oh, 2 plate squat 3 plate dead) and see where i go from there

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

That's why I exclusively weight lift while in hot springs

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

I eat out waaay too often, eat too much bread, and need to cut out sugary coffee drinks and booze.

this is me

my only saving grace is that my job is on my feet all day and I do shitloads of steps

every other good fitness habit has fallen off the wagon and all my bad habits are reinforcing themselves

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

been doing Push/Pull/Legs and lifting 5x a week and that means I’m doing squats twice a week sometimes and it really can catch up with you. also I’m eating a freakish amount

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
god drat, leg days while on a cut are miserable, what the gently caress

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bike daaaay

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

went on a beautiful wonderful 6 mile trail run in the rain :)

my nips are so chafed :whitewater:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
hell yea :hfive:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

went on a beautiful wonderful 6 mile trail run in the rain :)

my nips are so chafed :whitewater:

this is how u get trench foot

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

current fat-loss status: down 9 pounds so far.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

akadajet posted:

current fat-loss status: down 9 pounds so far.

Nice!

I was down 11 but have been up 3 this past month, through a combination of not being super careful with my diet but also substituting cardio for weightlifting so I wonder if I'm just packin' on muscle or something

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

Nice!

I was down 11 but have been up 3 this past month, through a combination of not being super careful with my diet but also substituting cardio for weightlifting so I wonder if I'm just packin' on muscle or something

You must be in a calorie surplus to put on pounds. Could be muscle tho, which is cool.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Dijkstracula posted:

Nice!

I just looked. I've been dieting for 4 weeks so far

number go down

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
does everyone get one debilitating illness every fall? ive had a chest cold for almost 3 weeks now and i realized this is about when i fall off the workout wagon every year due to some awful crap

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

RokosCockatrice posted:

does everyone get one debilitating illness every fall? ive had a chest cold for almost 3 weeks now and i realized this is about when i fall off the workout wagon every year due to some awful crap

I don't

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

gently caress

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
once my kid goes back to school i’m sick for like 2 months straight

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ive been off wegovy for a couple weeks and im constantly hungry (again). my doctor is appealing or whatever the "pre-authorization denied" verdict from the insurance company though so maybe i'll get back on it soon. i hope so.

in other news, i'm getting sick and skipped today's workout. i'm hoping to get back at it in the next couple days, but that depends on how this develops

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

ive been off wegovy for a couple weeks and im constantly hungry (again). my doctor is appealing or whatever the "pre-authorization denied" verdict from the insurance company though so maybe i'll get back on it soon. i hope so.

in other news, i'm getting sick and skipped today's workout. i'm hoping to get back at it in the next couple days, but that depends on how this develops

is that how those drugs are supposed to work in the long term? do you just need to keep taking it forever?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

isnt wegovy just fancy ozempic?

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

well you don't _need_ to. i can lose weight without wegovy. it just sucks cause i'm hungry all the time and constantly doing the self-denial thing. with wegovy i actually understand all the people who can walk by the jar of honey roasted peanuts without a strong impulse to have a handful, or the people who are like "wow i ate an entire double cheeseburger!"

it's a controllable impulse, to be sure, but normal people don't have that impulse _at all_ (or if they do, its not as strong). in my experience, even if you do the self-denial thing for a very long time, it never goes away. but idk how generalizable that is.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

isnt wegovy just fancy ozempic?

it's not even fancy. it's just different dosages for different purposes, and they're differentiated product-wise which helps make sure that diabetics can still get their medicine even when every fat person is clamoring for the same drug.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

post hole digger posted:

is that how those drugs are supposed to work in the long term? do you just need to keep taking it forever?

yeah. you stop taking it and you get hungry again. then you have to deal with insurance's bullshit or shell out >$1200/month to stay on it.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

you want to afford housing or stay obese? thanks to American health care u get to pick only 1.

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

akadajet posted:

yeah. you stop taking it and you get hungry again. then you have to deal with insurance's bullshit or shell out >$1200/month to stay on it.

according to some article insurance is paying the drug company $300-600 for it, which is actually closer than I expected given how far the real price usually is from the BS uninsured price

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Pythagoras a trois posted:

since beginning regularly exercising about a decade ago i have gotten sick much less but that was traded off with a skin infection from the gym and DOMS so ymmv

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
32 minutes on the bike, I didn't stray out of zone 1 but I am back in the saddle, gotta keep it up

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Down to 192 lbs from 206 lbs. I wanna be under 190 lbs, damnit!

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

akadajet posted:

drat. 14 lbs, lost in time like farts at the gym. time to diet.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

akadajet posted:

same, I've been hovering at ~190 for a month now

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
45 minutes on the bike. got into zone 2 for a little bit but I'm trying not to push it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

cool thing about weighing less. you can do more pull-ups. got 3 solid sets of 5 today