Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

dialhforhero posted:

I am hearing you.

But I was saving it for those swords!

Do both! Duplicate the rememberance at one of them walking mausoleums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

War Wizard posted:

Do both! Duplicate the rememberance at one of them walking mausoleums.

This is the way. Both items are loving dope, I always dupe Radahn's remembrance.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I was under the impression I would only get ONE sword?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Most of the way through Lies of P and just have to comment that this game's stagger/posture break system is a million times better. Can't wait for the DLC nobody can do it like From.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dialhforhero posted:

I was under the impression I would only get ONE sword?

One radahn sword? Yes and no.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah I thought you would have to get either one sword or one bow for each remberance per play through.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
The Radahn swords are special, dual-wielding is the two-handing stance for them. Getting another copy is just redundant

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Gee Radahn, ur mum lets u be a str AND int character?

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Gologle posted:

It's a minor in Int. Presumably he was the party animal in his small college town.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dialhforhero posted:

Yeah I thought you would have to get either one sword or one bow for each remberance per play through.

You can duplicate any remembrance at those walking mausoleum things. Definitely get both in one playthrough.

Radahn got enough int so he could use some gravity magic and not crush his best friend.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Gologle posted:

Makes sense when you consider Marika and Radagon leveled every stat between them.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the idea of a meathead earnestly struggling through magic school and succeeding just to learn how to keep riding their disproportionately small horse without hurting them is both funny and heartwarming

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
What From doesn't want you to know is that Thops and Radahn were in the same class

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, but Thops skipped gym day every day

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Need a pic of Radahn copying off of Thops homework

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
Sorry nerds, as much fun as it is imagining Radahn squeezing into a tiny desk, drawing pictures of dinosaurs on his trapper keeper, and dutifully handing over a novelty-sized tuition check (the only kind big enough for his handwriting) every semester, he in fact went to Sellia to get his gravity GED.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Everyone knows Selia was the party school anyways.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Starscourge in the streets, grav-surge in the sheets.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

PathAsc posted:

Starscourge in the streets, grav-surge in the sheets.

Collapsing Stars, no impotence bro.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

goblin week posted:

What From doesn't want you to know is that Thops and Radahn were in the same class

i didn't realize how badly i needed a Thops / Radahn buddy comedy

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Kobal2 posted:

Collapsing Stars, no impotence bro.

Do you even hold the stars back, bro?

Look at my horse, my horse is decaying.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Radahn is the Goldberg of The Lands Between.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
What is all this Radahn slander? Wasn’t he so powerful with magic that he kept the stars in the sky from moving? That’s not something a meathead jock wizard could do, that’s a genius intellect. His brain was buff.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
If Radahn's so great how come Morgott's crusty old rear end beat the poo poo out of him?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Radahn cannot fail he can only be failed

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Radahn these nuts.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
This thread is Radahnculous.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

they see me (Radahn)

they hatin'

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010
I did it!! I hadn't played a souls game or soulslike(a bit of the surge 2 last year actually) since dark souls 2 at launch, but started bloodborne and elden ring at the same in June. Since then I've beaten every soulsborne game not including sekiro(but I did beat demons souls remake, which was cool since I was 14 or so when it came to the west and it was my first ps3 game), in approximately 4 months. I feel so accomplished holy poo poo. I'm not a "good gamet" so this felt really cool. Played every single game as a strength build with ugs, tho I messed with other bigguns in ER, and while my favorite game is whatever I'm playing I do think elden ring is The Best.

Currently doing a faith build. My one eyed priest is a badass, just beat Liurnia. Having a hard time with Radahn for some reason (lot harder without my zweihander) so I might swoop back to leyndale since I just got the dectus medallion and already killed the magma wyrm. Any cool faithy recommendations to try? I think I'm sitting at 25 str, 30 faith and 15 dex just so I could try out the magma wyrm sword, which seems fun.

Also does anyone else make up elaborate backstories while they play? My priest i decided was on his way to boletaria to cleanse the fog when he "fell asleep" and woke up in the lands between. Theres some confusion as to why his miracles work with false idols but he got too much faith in The God(sic) for that to stop him from slinging lightning bolts

Eerkik fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 17, 2023

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Eerkik posted:

Also does anyone else make up elaborate backstories while they play? My priest i decided was on his way to boletaria to cleanse the fog when he "fell asleep" and woke up in the lands between. Theres some confusion as to why his miracles work with false idols but he got too much faith in The God(sic) for that to stop him from slinging lightning bolts

I love elaborate theme characters. My first and favorite was a blind strength/faith build named Samson who wielded a Jawbone Axe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The only backstory I need is that I am a man on his way to hold onto my humanity.

aka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyPp4kIUUEU

I just play this video and change the setting. haha (this was an official trailer btw)

WHEN YOU PICK A FIGHT WITH THE DEVIL YOU BETTER BE STRONGER THAN HELL

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I miss when companies would do good April Fool’s stuff like that

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I definitely imagine my character as a consistent personality but I didn't think about my ER backstory much. I ended up a turtle knight that married Ranni so perhaps that's how I sought to conjoin the heresy of this ruined realm. :allears:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

I had big laugh at how all the endings are bizarrely depressing.

Okay class, today lets talk about everyone’s dreams for the future! Who wants to start?
Fat kid: I wanna cover everything in POOP!! And and and the clouds turn to DIARRHEA!! And everyone is cursed by the POOP CURSE!!
Bighat emo goth girl: I want everyones senses to disappear and all light to vanish and everyone to fumble around in darkness forever unable to connect with other people… just like me…
Guy in the back: I wanna fracture civilization.
Scrawny kid waving arms frantically: i i i think peace and order sounds ni-
Edgelord: Pfft… this world is hosed anyway… just burn it all…
Weird nervous girl: When my dad died my mom cremated him and spread his ashes over a field and said he will be happy there forever so I think everyone should dance in the happy ash field forever.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You're misreading Ranni a little. She's not goth, she's an edgy atheist -- she's describing the existential vertigo of freedom when there no gods to tell you what to do.

That ending is also apparently badly mistranslated:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tj59g1/rannis_dialogue_is_mistranslated_badly_spoilers/
https://www.frontlinejp.net/2022/03/14/elden-ring-the-age-of-stars-ending-mistranslations-explained/

The gist of it being that she doesn't want everyone to suffer as she has, she is very specifically taking on a tremendous supernatural burden and then keeping it as far from humanity as possible without outright destroying it.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 17, 2023

Eerkik
Feb 13, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You're misreading Ranni a little. She's not goth, she's an edgy atheist -- she's describing the existential vertigo of freedom when there no gods to tell you what to do.

That ending is also apparently badly mistranslated:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/tj59g1/rannis_dialogue_is_mistranslated_badly_spoilers/
https://www.frontlinejp.net/2022/03/14/elden-ring-the-age-of-stars-ending-mistranslations-explained/

The gist of it being that she doesn't want everyone to suffer as she has, she is very specifically taking on a tremendous supernatural burden and then keeping it as far from humanity as possible without outright destroying it.

My only complete playthru was pure strength, and I took the dark that Ranni talks about as sort of this, figuring it was metaphorical. Queue the ending I got where it seemed pretty drat literal. Sort of fit with my big dumb tough guy who tried to do the right thing only to essentially destroy everything

I love the idea of Ranni not aiming for abysmal nihilism, but also the oh poo poo moment was pretty great

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The translation is fine; some people are just bad at reading English.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rand Brittain posted:

1-800-CMON-NOW

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Rand Brittain posted:

"And have the certainties of sight, emotion, faith, and touch…

All become impossibilities."

is absolutely not fine, that poo poo is weird and ambiguous and people are frequently confused by it for good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

Ranni is being purposefully vague because she doesn't actually know what's going to happen and didn't expect the tarnished to beat up her dad.