Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
I sort of made peace with never going past diamond 10, so I tried something new. I tried Wild. I’ve never really played wild. I mean I got the achievement for getting silver so I guess I really never played much of it. It’s kind of a breath of fresh air! I don’t really have a lot of older cards but I found it and threw together a secret mage deck because it got to use one of my favorite cards Orion. I’m having a lot of fun and seeing a lot of cards I didn’t even know existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I sort of made peace with never going past diamond 10, so I tried something new. I tried Wild. I’ve never really played wild. I mean I got the achievement for getting silver so I guess I really never played much of it. It’s kind of a breath of fresh air! I don’t really have a lot of older cards but I found it and threw together a secret mage deck because it got to use one of my favorite cards Orion. I’m having a lot of fun and seeing a lot of cards I didn’t even know existed.

Wild rocks and with the power creep a LOT of more modern stuff is very viable.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Desert Bus posted:

Imagine going out it public wearing that shirt lol

Haha, that was my very first thought too. Somehow even worse than band t-shirts.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Being a wrestling fan I am immune to T-shirt cringe levels that low. This shirt doesn’t even have a dick joke on it or an incomprehensible catchphrase with a swear in it.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Blasmeister posted:

Being a wrestling fan I am immune to T-shirt cringe levels that low. This shirt doesn’t even have a dick joke on it or an incomprehensible catchphrase with a swear in it.

It's true. I could see someone buying that shirt if you're at BlizzCon, a Hearthstone fan and want a commemorative shirt for the event.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Next set is indeed Showdown in the Badlands, coming Nov 14th

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23989480

two new keywords, Quickdraw (extra effect if the card was drawn this turn) and Excavate (gain random treasures that improve as you Excavate further). So-called "highlander" cards return

Thunderbringer is the pre-expansion login reward, available right now

edit: uhhh no balance changes to standard i guess

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The Mtg miracle mechanic but in hearthstone drags up bad memories but being a digital game you can actually code that to work properly. Still inherently a very swingy RNG mechanic without a bunch of dredge around. Excavate sounds like a more interesting version of Jades (abut with more RNG of course)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Wrecking my brain if this can make it into the pantheon of the worst legendaries ever printed.

Has there ever been an archetype playing beasts and elementals?

8 mana 6/6 taunt, "do nothing" but recruit one or two minions from your deck, which can also be killed off on your opponent's turn if they have the means (which, let's be real here, is not completely unlikely on turn 8/9.

Am I missing something here?
Unless of course, there is a bunch of severely unbalanced cards in the expansion that somehow synergize with this and will be extremely unfun to play against.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Definitely the worst freebie legendary

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

RatHat posted:

The 8 mana 6/6 guy who summoned a treasure chest was pretty bad tbf. This one has taunt at least

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I'm gonna play it a few times just to see if I can get something funny like neptulon and Glugg, but it does seem absolutely awful.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

RatHat posted:

It's definitely niche but deathrattle summon minion stuff has led to quite degenerate decks in the past eg Chad warlock. And there are plenty of high cost beasts and elementals, the question will be whether there's a way to avoid drawing them and of cheating out the legendary and / or copying or multiplying tbe effect.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

It is way too conditional and slow. Like, at best you can get a turn 8+ Behemot and Neptulon, but it requires you not drawing either of them before that.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Chernabog posted:

It is way too conditional and slow. Like, at best you can get a turn 8+ Behemot and Neptulon, but it requires you not drawing either of them before that.

A turn 8+ Behemot and Neptulon that are probably popping out on your opponent's turn if you don't pair it with a 0-2 mana way to destroy it the turn you play it. Too much relies on your opponent not having a way to deal with it.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

quote:

Save a Horse, Ride an Elemental

what year does the blizzard email writer think it is

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
not really into Twist but this is a cool buff to my favourite card

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

mcbexx posted:

Has there ever been an archetype playing beasts and elementals?
Menagerie has been viable a few times (though sometimes in more of an aggro form).

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

peer posted:

not really into Twist but this is a cool buff to my favourite card

do the twist buffs carry over to wild decks proper? I haven't played enough to notice, and I'm completely out of touch with where to look for fun brews these days

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Blasmeister posted:

The Mtg miracle mechanic but in hearthstone drags up bad memories but being a digital game you can actually code that to work properly. Still inherently a very swingy RNG mechanic without a bunch of dredge around. Excavate sounds like a more interesting version of Jades (abut with more RNG of course)

Hope there's a Firestorm that hits face and all minions if you drew it this turn card for Kibbler to lose a game to.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
PSA: Apparently today is the last day to get an epic through Prime Gaming. No idea what compelled me to check, but I'm glad I did.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Are the Hallows’ end event quests spawning infinitely for anyone else? Think I could probably knock the entire event out tonight if I tried, not that there’s much reason to. With these events you inevitably finish with at least a week to spare by completing the dailies.

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Yeah I've got the first two rewards already. Took one look at the free ledge and thought nah, unless as another said the expansion has synergy, hardly another prince.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Yeah i've chewed through them and there;s still two weeks left?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It was a bug, going to to be fixed with a Hotfix(though a lot of people have completed the event already)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The free legendary is probably the worst/most boring one they’ve ever done but the set mechanics look fun to me so I dig it. The ‘draw a shitton of cards in a turn’ Demon hunter archetype will almost certainly be broken with enough quickdraw.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Beasts are still an issue in Battlegrounds, I do not understand why it has so much support. Banana Slamma was already bad enough, let's add the infinite horse too!

And I'm saying this as I switched late to Beasts from Naga (with the Surf n' Surf 1 drop as the prime start). 3 of the Top 4 had full Beast warbands.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Good? Mostly. Fun? Yes.

### Elemental Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Kindling Elemental
# 2x (1) Wailing Vapor
# 2x (1) Wax Elemental
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Earthen Might
# 2x (2) Flame Revenant
# 2x (3) Arid Stormer
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Stormstrike
# 2x (3) Turn the Tides
# 2x (4) Brass Elemental
# 2x (4) Granite Forgeborn
# 2x (5) Lilypad Lurker
# 1x (5) Magatha, Bane of Music
# 1x (6) Grumble, Worldshaker
# 1x (7) Al'Akir, the Winds of Time
# 1x (7) Kalimos, Primal Lord
# 1x (8) Ozruk
#
AAEBAaoIBs7CAvPCAqvnAob6A+bkBeqhBgzH0wKw8AKo3gPg7APh7AOt7gOv7gPj7gPA9gPB0AWH+wXf/gUAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I know one of you was playing this at some point, here's an updated version:

### Indiana Jones
# Class: Demon Hunter
#
# 2x (1) Felscream Blast
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Relic of Extinction
# 2x (1) Unleash Fel
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Relic Vault
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Relic of Phantasms
# 2x (3) Sigil of Time
# 2x (3) Street Trickster
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (5) Going Down Swinging
# 1x (5) Jotun, the Eternal
# 1x (5) Zai, the Incredible
# 1x (6) Kurtrus, Demon-Render
# 2x (6) Relic of Dimensions
# 1x (7) Argus, the Emerald Star
# 1x (8) Artificer Xy'mox
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
# 1x (15) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
#
AAEBAea5AwqFF9HdA433A4eLBJbUBKrdBPfDBcb5BaiABqmVBgqVugLH3QPC8QOJ9wOv3gSw3gSq4gSF5QSLkgWcmgYAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

I love destroying Secret Mage:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/dVNqkTXbbbxUqMPUrt23Y2

You've all seen the deck before:

### Beasty Boys 2.0
# Class: Hunter
#
# 2x (0) Devouring Swarm
# 2x (0) Serpentbloom
# 2x (1) Alleycat
# 2x (1) Awakening Tremors
# 2x (1) Springpaw
# 2x (1) Wolpertinger
# 2x (2) Starving Buzzard
# 1x (3) Acidmaw
# 1x (3) Dreadscale
# 2x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 2x (3) Master's Call
# 2x (5) Shadehound
# 2x (5) Tundra Rhino
# 1x (6) Beaststalker Tavish
# 2x (6) Hollow Hound
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (7) Hydralodon
# 1x (8) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAEBAZ/DAwbJFMoU25EE57kEsJMF0/gFDLsF2QnquwKghQOkiAOizgPm7gOU/AODyATA7QSP5AXI9gUAAA==
#

Desert Bus fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Oct 19, 2023

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

fanny packrat posted:

PSA: Apparently today is the last day to get an epic through Prime Gaming. No idea what compelled me to check, but I'm glad I did.

3 standard packs available now. Also a free pack in the store to be claimed.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

GTO posted:

Also a free pack in the store to be claimed.

Thanks.

Love how the store is crammed with so much crap that it literally chokes the client when opening it or trying to scroll before it's done with loading all those great offers and savings.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/1715397473508745526

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Breakdance Yogg is redeeming the expansion for me (And has me back up to D4, after not being bothered to crack D10 the last two seasons). It's the kind of tempo nonsense I live for. Also, people get very confused at dealing with your 4th, 5th or 6th free Mind Control.

It's identical to the VS deck, only I swapped in a Cheat Death (Dropping the 1x Sticky Situation - I just don't care about a 3/4 Spider), because I think that Secret is criminally slept on as a conditional Shadowstep.

### Break
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Breakdance
# 2x (1) Concoctor
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Cheat Death
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 2x (2) Ghoulish Alchemist
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) Potion Belt
# 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 2x (4) Prison Breaker
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
#
AAECAdW+BQbbuQTMoAXooAXipAWplQa7ngYM9p8E958E3NoE3doE9d0Ew+ME9+0E3aAF36AF4KAF38MFwpoGAAA=
#

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 21, 2023

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Breakdance Yogg is redeeming the expansion for me (And has me back up to D4, after not being bothered to crack D10 the last two seasons). It's the kind of tempo nonsense I live for. Also, people get very confused at dealing with your 4th, 5th or 6th free Mind Control.

It's identical to the VS deck, only I swapped in a Cheat Death (Dropping the 1x Sticky Situation - I just don't care about a 3/4 Spider), because I think that Secret is criminally slept on as a conditional Shadowstep.

### Break
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Breakdance
# 2x (1) Concoctor
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 1x (2) Cheat Death
# 2x (2) Double Cross
# 2x (2) Ghoulish Alchemist
# 2x (2) Perjury
# 2x (2) Potion Belt
# 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
# 2x (2) Serrated Bone Spike
# 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
# 2x (4) Prison Breaker
# 2x (4) Private Eye
# 1x (5) Queen Azshara
#
AAECAdW+BQbbuQTMoAXooAXipAWplQa7ngYM9p8E958E3NoE3doE9d0Ew+ME9+0E3aAF36AF4KAF38MFwpoGAAA=
#

Somehow I lost every time I used this deck lol.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm hovering around the Diamond 5 rank floor so sure I'll try this out.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I hate playing it vs Warlock. You just have to be SO SLOW, deal with so many stupid power cards, and grind them back.

I'm almost at the point I'm putting Theotar in just to be just as much of a oval office to them.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Shockeh posted:

I hate playing it vs Warlock. You just have to be SO SLOW, deal with so many stupid power cards, and grind them back.

I'm almost at the point I'm putting Theotar in just to be just as much of a oval office to them.

I lost with it twice so I switched to Warlock and played against one and beat it.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

this is happening now, so go idle in some hearthstone twitch channel for four hours for your nine packs

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
weird. had to reconnect my Battle Net account to Twitch. definitely check your Inventory/Drops page to make sure it’s tied together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

flatluigi posted:

this is happening now, so go idle in some hearthstone twitch channel for four hours for your nine packs

33k viewers on twitch. so this game is hella dead huh