Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

"Theoretical, Roboute. Theoretical!"

Even if hating the ultras was not the natural, correct and moral impulse, the whole sperglord Theoretical/Practical bit would have thrown me into the squirmy embrace of Chaos all by itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/15/sunday-preview-explore-the-ruins-of-jardlan/

You want some books? Of course ya do!

First we have the big one, namely The End and the Death Vol II.

Available in both hardback, e-book and audiobook.

And the obligatory Special Edition, limited to 2500 copies.

Then there's Word Bearers: The Omnibus by Anthony Reynolds.

Lastly (in English language releases) is the audiobook version of Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Cooked Auto posted:

And the obligatory Special Edition, limited to 2500 copies.

oh my tummy hurts. 9:55 GMT on Sunday or what was it?
edit: and is it likely to show up on https://www.blacklibrary.com/the-horus-heresy/featured/ebook-the-end-and-the-death-volume-ii-eng-2023.html since the first one is on the same url but with one 'i'?
edit2: and is it first to pay or first in basket or what?
edit3: though that url says "ebook" I guess so maybe I just have to stalk the https://www.blacklibrary.com/new-titles page?
edit4: or is this the best place to watch? https://www.games-workshop.com/en-G...697400420000%5D

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 15, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Always check 5 minutes before the official time, that's how I snagged a dark coil collection yesterday.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

Azubah posted:

Always check 5 minutes before the official time, that's how I snagged a dark coil collection yesterday.

It's still a tiny bit unclear what the official time and place is though, and whether or not it starts all at once or per region.

Also, nice, sick.

Edit: I know it's 10 (9:55), I just wanna be sure about the time zone it's 10 in. And then there's daylight savings...

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 15, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Usually 1 pm est.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Azubah posted:

Usually 1 pm est.

Did you nab it on the black library site or on the games workshop site?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I am assuming that original rule book also has sold out? I couldn’t even find it on the site

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Pron on VHS posted:

I am assuming that original rule book also has sold out? I couldn’t even find it on the site

Check the Print on Demand section to make sure.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/10/15/sunday-preview-explore-the-ruins-of-jardlan/

Lastly (in English language releases) is the audiobook version of Dead Men Walking by Steve Lyons.

ah poo poo dead man walking, i remember that one. its not bad.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Pron on VHS posted:

It's Made To Order, try searching for Rogue Trader

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Pron on VHS posted:

I just ordered one 2 minutes ago, change to your location if you're not in Australia

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-AU/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-pod-2023

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Hell yes!!

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

Did you nab it on the black library site or on the games workshop site?

Games workshop site, they have a black library section.

Here's the US version: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Black-Library

Their dedicated black library site wasn't able to handle the demand traffic when they sold limited books so it was moved to the GW main site.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Azubah posted:

Games workshop site, they have a black library section.

Here's the US version: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Black-Library

Their dedicated black library site wasn't able to handle the demand traffic when they sold limited books so it was moved to the GW main site.

Got it. Got another source specifying that the time is 9:55AM UK summer time, which would be 10:55 my local time. Hopefully that's right.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

You really only need to be worried about exact release times if you are getting the LE. While hardcovers do usually sell out pretty fast I expect this one to stay in stock for at least a day on the GW site if not a week because they print way more copies of the SoT hardcovers especially these last ones. You could find copies of the first volume for weeks after around the web. Amazon carries the SoT hardcovers as well.

For the LE just be aware if you buy it and then decide you need the matching set, currently a full set of all the LEs is running for $2500-$3k. Additionally, judging by the description it sounds like this volume will have the angel/hours duel but the emperor duel won't happen until the third volume.

Also they most likely will have the queue system turned on for this because of demand so i would show up 10-15 minutes before the hour instead of the usual 5.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

D-Pad posted:

You really only need to be worried about exact release times if you are getting the LE.

Well I've got the TEATD Vol. 1 LE, so I'm worried!
(obviously the whole siege would be cool, but having all three volumes of the last one is perfect enough for me)

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 15, 2023

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Still pissy I missed the first Ravenor LE.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just announce when the books are out .

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

On a less "spiraling panic" note, are the three Siege of Terra novellas worth grabbing?

Black Griffon fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Oct 16, 2023

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Black Griffon posted:

On a less "spiraling panic" note, are the Siege of Terra novellas worth grabbing?

They're fine. They wrap up some Heresy loose ends but are otherwise not needed.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

As with most BL series the quality varies but overall they are my favorite books outside the classics. The SoT series gets the scale of things right more than any other 40k books. The last 3 books have all been amazing and suitably epic. The payoff is definitely there and I would recommend the series for any serious 40k fiction fan. Mortis is the only one I actually disliked.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
Snagged the Rogue Trader POD, will be interesting to see what the quality is like.

Wish they'd do the same for the Slaves To Darkness / Lost And The Damned books. I ain't travelling all the way to Knife Island to visit Warhammer World to grab them any time soon, and the eBay prices are all wild with shipping to Australia on top.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Black Griffon posted:

On a less "spiraling panic" note, are the Siege of Terra novellas worth grabbing?

Fury of Magnus isn’t good but iirc you like filthy slop, so you’ll probably love it. Garro is very very bad. I think Sons of the Selenar is good?

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Fury of Magnus isn’t good but iirc you like filthy slop, so you’ll probably love it. Garro is very very bad. I think Sons of the Selenar is good?

You know me so well. I'll probably give Garro a shot anyway when the time comes because it would feel wrong to read two out of three when I'm that close to the end, and also the death I suppose.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Aaronicon posted:

Snagged the Rogue Trader POD, will be interesting to see what the quality is like.

Wish they'd do the same for the Slaves To Darkness / Lost And The Damned books. I ain't travelling all the way to Knife Island to visit Warhammer World to grab them any time soon, and the eBay prices are all wild with shipping to Australia on top.

They also sell them at the flagship stores in Dallas and LA if you know anybody in those areas that could grab at retail price.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Anybody dived into Genefather yet and has thoughts?

The Fabius Bile trilogy was suprisingly good but that was Josh Reynolds and Haley's more hit and miss in my experience.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Deptfordx posted:

Anybody dived into Genefather yet and has thoughts?

The Fabius Bile trilogy was suprisingly good but that was Josh Reynolds and Haley's more hit and miss in my experience.

Just starting out.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

lmao at five minutes of The Solar War adding more characterization to Abaddon than the entire Heresy before that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Black Griffon posted:

lmao at five minutes of The Solar War adding more characterization to Abaddon than the entire Heresy before that

Saturnine also has some great Abaddon action

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

It just has some great Mounival segments

Are the Word Bearers books any good?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I really enjoy Abaddon as someone who hates all this demon poo poo but still really wants to win so is prepared to roll with it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Abbadon in the Siege doesn't yet understand the thing he's yoked to.

He will, though. Just enough to make him think he has a chance.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Warden posted:

Just starting out.

Same. Had a good lol at this early exchange though:

quote:

‘You know, I had never heard of you either. But Nul, Nul…’ He tapped Torment’s skull into his palm. ‘Then I remembered a techwitch who served Horus in the days before who had that name.’

‘Affirmative. She is our data-saint.’

‘There’s nothing original in all this sorry galaxy, is there?’ said Bile.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I really enjoy Abaddon as someone who hates all this demon poo poo but still really wants to win so is prepared to roll with it.

its why i like the little moment of him in the end of the death where he realizes its kinda all hosed because everyone around him is either nuts or a monster mash and none are even fighting properly anymore and he is just filled with weird depression.

wiegieman posted:

Abbadon in the Siege doesn't yet understand the thing he's yoked to.

He will, though. Just enough to make him think he has a chance.

you see bits of it in end and death. but yeah. its interesting seeing horus be sorta lucid too.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My favorite parts of the heresey books is when a bunch of traitor head honchos get together and everyone is kind of unnerved at how mutated and hosed up everyone is

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

euphronius posted:

My favorite parts of the heresey books is when a bunch of traitor head honchos get together and everyone is kind of unnerved at how mutated and hosed up everyone is

yeah, like all of the deamon primarchs are just moron debased monsters of various stripes. again one of my favorite parts of the heresy is how is starts out as a mostly conventual civil war with super soldiers and then it just turns into a horror show because chaos rots everything like the darkside on crack.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

That was a cool part in end&death, when horus is internally monologuing about casting off the illusion of weakness, and all the high ranking traitors around him cry out in dismay and fear from his hosed up aspect

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Biplane posted:

That was a cool part in end&death, when horus is internally monologuing about casting off the illusion of weakness, and all the high ranking traitors around him cry out in dismay and fear from his hosed up aspect

i love that he doesnt even know where he is half the time and he just kinda wings it and its clear this has happened a couple times and he just hears voices and poo poo. like chaos outside angron always gives its puppets JUST ENOUGH freedom and brains to play the game and think they have their own minds. its great. its why i love chaos when well written.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I'm about 1/3rd of the way through Genefather and the characters and plot and setting are doing alot to carry my interest bc the writing is not great op