Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Well that Carr INT was a 4th down desperation heave. The Texans would have been better off knocking it down than picking it off. That 3rd and 4th down were pretty awful attempts. Carr just chucked it down the sideline and hoped for the best.

It was a frustrating game. I did take a nap through the 3rd quarter, but it seemed like not much had changed for the Saints offense when I woke up. Plenty of yards, moved the ball fine, can't get TDs. A couple of missed FGs that we could have used make me worried about the kicker situation, since apparently we need a perfect kicker to win games since we're not scoring TDs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

If only there was a good kicker the saints had but decided to get rid of to help payton. Doh well, this rookie should do.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Goedeke's leap has been incredible.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brad/status/1713941113831137485?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

If only there was a good kicker the saints had but decided to get rid of to help payton. Doh well, this rookie should do.

It’s a fair concern, but let’s not forget that Lutz missed quite a few last year. He made 23 of 31 field-goal attempts for the Saints in 2022 for a career-low success rate of 74.2 percent.

He wasn’t as automatic as he was in his pre-injury years. Whether it was the yips or not, who knows.

I’m still inclined to give Grupe a leash, but it’s short. The 50+ kick I understand but he should absolutely be making a 27 yarder.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Not paying Burns absurd money might pay off given his mid performance this year.

Also, Panthers have made Thomas Brown in charge of play calling going forward. I want them to win every game and humiliate Reich.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

three posted:

Not paying Burns absurd money might pay off given his mid performance this year.

Also, Panthers have made Thomas Brown in charge of play calling going forward. I want them to win every game and humiliate Reich.

So they only lost out on two 1st round picks they could’ve gotten for a now middling Burns. I can’t wait for Fitterer to gently caress up another draft this year

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Relentlessboredomm posted:

So they only lost out on two 1st round picks they could’ve gotten for a now middling Burns. I can’t wait for Fitterer to gently caress up another draft this year

Fitterer deep in the tape on second day SEC receivers at this point.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

I’m just in awe of how poorly Fitterer has managed the roster. Last year they had two clear good to great talents: Burns and DJ Moore. They knew they were going to draft a young QB and they got a 2 1st round picks offer for Burns. Instead of turning that down and signing Burns to a long extension or trading Burns and using the firsts to get more offensive talent for their new young QB, INSTEAD they got rid of their only good receiver and their future 1st round pick while keeping Burns and not resigning him. Don’t worry though, they also drafted like poo poo outside of that so there’s no one else who looks great on the roster. Truly incredible stuff

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
I just wish the Panthers would stop drafting slow rear end receivers. 78 year old Thielen has been the fastest WR on the team.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
At least the Panthers can enjoy a 3rd round comp pick for Burns.

three posted:

I just wish the Panthers would stop drafting slow rear end receivers. 78 year old Thielen has been the fastest WR on the team.

I'm surprised how well Thielen has played. The dude can still get open and has great hands. If the Panthers could've got Nuk who can always get open maybe they'd be on to something. Having a vet WR is a great idea for a rookie.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

It’s a fair concern, but let’s not forget that Lutz missed quite a few last year. He made 23 of 31 field-goal attempts for the Saints in 2022 for a career-low success rate of 74.2 percent.

He wasn’t as automatic as he was in his pre-injury years. Whether it was the yips or not, who knows.

I’m still inclined to give Grupe a leash, but it’s short. The 50+ kick I understand but he should absolutely be making a 27 yarder.

The trade didn't result in an upgrade, but it did at least get a pick, I guess. I dunno, I don't think it was necessarily a bad thing, but it also probably won't make much of a difference in the long run.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I’m just in awe of how poorly Fitterer has managed the roster. Last year they had two clear good to great talents: Burns and DJ Moore. They knew they were going to draft a young QB and they got a 2 1st round picks offer for Burns. Instead of turning that down and signing Burns to a long extension or trading Burns and using the firsts to get more offensive talent for their new young QB, INSTEAD they got rid of their only good receiver and their future 1st round pick while keeping Burns and not resigning him. Don’t worry though, they also drafted like poo poo outside of that so there’s no one else who looks great on the roster. Truly incredible stuff

The real kick in the nuts is the bears wanted either burns, brown, or moore in the trade up.

I can understand the argument for not trading burns at the time, especially from fitterers perspective, but in the bears trade? Good lord.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

The real kick in the nuts is the bears wanted either burns, brown, or moore in the trade up.

I can understand the argument for not trading burns at the time, especially from fitterers perspective, but in the bears trade? Good lord.

WHAT?

They loving chose to drop their #1 receiver to draft a qb rather than literally any other player? Fire his rear end ASAP. That’s absurd. Moore’s on a decent contract too so he’s not even that expensive for what he is. gently caress that’s actually infuriating how stupid a move that was

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Brown is absolutely the player you move if those are the choices.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Brown is absolutely the player you move if those are the choices.

Absolutely agree.

I'll live with giving up 200 yards a game running if our QB has someone open and we can at least occasionally get some pressure.

I just wonder if teppers to blame or its fitterer to blame. Either way it's just absolutely loving dumb not to give your rookie QB everything possible to succeed.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Absolutely agree.

I'll live with giving up 200 yards a game running if our QB has someone open and we can at least occasionally get some pressure.

I just wonder if teppers to blame or its fitterer to blame. Either way it's just absolutely loving dumb not to give your rookie QB everything possible to succeed.

Moore being the choice makes me think that their reasoning was "eh we can just get more WRs"

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

Moore being the choice makes me think that their reasoning was "eh we can just get more WRs"

Yeah but I mean, how do you look around the league and not decide its a lot easier to find a defensive tackle.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Yeah but I mean, how do you look around the league and not decide its a lot easier to find a defensive tackle.

I didn't say that it was smart

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

Yea that sort of hubris is almost worse

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Shinji2015 posted:

I didn't say that it was smart

Haha this legit had me chuckling at my desk. Fair point.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I do kinda miss the self-pitying years of the bag-on-head Aints. Losing is at least a little fun when it's a group commiseration with some flair, and boy howdy jesus did the 80s/90s Saints know ho to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shinji2015 posted:

Seriously everyone watch this.

https://twitter.com/ustadium/status/1710386117386609008?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

There’s also salacious rumors involving teppers wife that Sheena Quick laughed about and refused to address on some local podcast.

Regardless he hasn’t made a good decision since buying the team.

Instead of people hand waiving this by saying he’s a billionaire so he must have a plan, we should as how we’ve structured society in a way that lets a person this loving stupid make that much money.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

GD_American posted:

I do kinda miss the self-pitying years of the bag-on-head Aints. Losing is at least a little fun when it's a group commiseration with some flair, and boy howdy jesus did the 80s/90s Saints know ho to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

We need someone to resurrect the Schwegmann's grocery store chain so that we can get back in uniform.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Seriously everyone watch this.

lol I didn't even remember that clip when I made that post. What a dumbass

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Shinji2015 posted:

lol I didn't even remember that clip when I made that post. What a dumbass

We'll save money on WRs that we can use on the defense though!! (lol, sorry Brian, not you)

It's just such a stupid loving quote. Even if the PG analogy about Bryce is accurate, you still need superstar scorers to succeed in the NBA. Magic wasn't playing with scrubs when he won all those titles.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Hell, even Mahomes is a having pretty mediocre (for him) season because his receivers all suck. At least he still has Kelce.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Exactly. It doesn't matter how good your passes are if the people you're throwing to can't do anything with them. There's only so much good players can do on their own

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
It could have maybe worked out if they had picked, oh, say cj stroud instead

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

It could have maybe worked out if they had picked, oh, say cj stroud instead

Stroud may indeed work out better, but it doesn't make the process of getting there any less moronic.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

ozymandius1024 posted:

Stroud may indeed work out better, but it doesn't make the process of getting there any less moronic.

That’s true, I just wanted to kick a cat while it’s down

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

Pontius Pilate posted:

That’s true, I just wanted to kick a cat while it’s down

Well they're going to be down for a while, so kick away :)

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

N: Jaylinn Hawkins is out

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2023/...emarcco-hellams

V: always struggled to be consistent. Not sure if this is a sign of further roster change

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Not bad for missing pretty much all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1714684741637550267?s=20

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1714685055228842362?s=20

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

A.o.D. posted:

We need someone to resurrect the Schwegmann's grocery store chain so that we can get back in uniform.

I guess the big problem is the clear bag policy, unless you can convince security it is headwear

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Not bad for missing pretty much all of training camp, preseason, and the first 4 games of the season.

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1714684741637550267?s=20

https://twitter.com/JennaLaineESPN/status/1714685055228842362?s=20

So both he and Mauch look like they could be solid starters, maybe more for Kancey

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Diaby seems solid and Palmer has been good too, pretty stoked on this draft class

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Most of the class is off to a great start. Palmer should have had two long TDs against Detroit but Baker overthrew him on both.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Starbucks posted:

I guess the big problem is the clear bag policy, unless you can convince security it is headwear

Every few months in the past 22 years I will read something that randomly reminds me how goddamned dumb living in this country has become, and here's this month's bit

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Just put the bag in a clear bag problem solved

Me? I'm going Langenstein's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Penning looking like a bust.