Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
This is the tweet WaPo is hosting as footage of the hospital bombing

https://vxtwitter.com/lanasaiif/status/1714336606352499150

This is old footage of a JDAM guided bomb being used against the Taliban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uwzugvv-g

This is Forbes footage of Hamas rockets being fired and intercepted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Td1VfUFU3w

Seems like the munitions used are much closer in speed/effect to the guided bomb than the rockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
That whistle is no shrapnel

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
NO-QUARTERMASTER

From the river (of Palestinian blood) to the sea (of Palestinian tears)
I think the speculation that it was PIJ and not Hamas is because as has been mentioned in this thread, Hamas munitions are not traditionally big enough to cause an explosion anything like this. PIJ is apparently known to have Iranian Badr 3's, though, and these carry 300-400kg warheads, which certainly do. They used them during the May 2021 fighting. Some 10-20% of all rockets fired from within Gaza land within Gaza, because they aren't exactly sophisticated.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

This is a really good time for me to get a response from my congressional rep which responded to "Israel is going to kill a ton of people" with a boilerplate "I agree, Hamas are terrorists, we need to give Israel way more money".

And thus my only legal outlet for doing anything in the government shuts down.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/MirzaMahan/status/1714377238823469399 https://twitter.com/MirzaMahan/status/1714377313691852938
Shocking reporting from a western media journalist. Hopefully he still has a career after this, in the second part he even brings up Shireen and how the IDF lied about her.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Has anyone considered the possibility that Palestinian people are naturally explosive and that they get touched off by tiny explosions? Asking because I’m very open minded.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Rakosi posted:

I think the speculation that it was PIJ and not Hamas is because as has been mentioned in this thread, Hamas munitions are not traditionally big enough to cause an explosion anything like this. PIJ is apparently known to have Iranian Badr 3's, though, and these carry 300-400kg warheads, which certainly do. They used them during the May 2021 fighting. Some 10-20% of all rockets fired from within Gaza land within Gaza, because they aren't exactly sophisticated.

or maybe the country that warned the hospital they would be dropping bombs on or around it did it. farfetched idea i know.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rakosi posted:

The footage of the explosion looks like it's a sophisticated weapon. Do you disagree?

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Rakosi posted:

It was a JDAM. It sounds like and explodes like a JDAM. Stop trying to confuse people

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

punishedkissinger posted:

or maybe the country that warned the hospital they would be dropping bombs on or around it did it. farfetched idea i know.

It's pretty funny (and very gross) he posted that like four posts after I gave an example of them doing this exact same thing including with supposed video evidence.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
there is a press conference clip going round with doctors in what is apparently the hospital courtyard

I do not recommend posting it

protodependency
Jun 10, 2022
The IDF bomb an Hamaspital; which aren't covered by Geneva conventions. 👨‍🎓

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Google Jeb Bush posted:

there is a press conference clip going round with doctors in what is apparently the hospital courtyard

I second this. I came across stills and there are are dead toddlers on the ground.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

It would have to be an IDF attack that coincides amazingly closely to an ongoing and unrelated missile malfunction happening in the skies directly above the hospital, so much so that it looks to reasonable observers to be the remains of that munition falling. That is unbelievable timing.

A missile that lost it's way still sounds like a missile. It's still missile shaped and makes that whistle as it punches through the air. All of these other ideas such as JDAMs are, of course, possible. They just have less evidence to support them currently.

Rakosi fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 17, 2023

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Serious question; I saw the Twitter post where the IDF account made that disgusting comment about "fighting the children of darkness" like an insane person, but I haven't seen the one where the spokesperson claims that the hospital was warned because I'm having trouble googling through similar stories. Was that on the IDF account too?

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

DelilahFlowers posted:

It was a JDAM. It sounds like and explodes like a JDAM. Stop trying to confuse people

It sounds like a JDAM but the explosion looks like it's primarily the secondary explosive. The whole thing is weird because we see a Palestinian rocket fail (it wouldn't be an interception near the launch point), a separate site is hit and then the hospital is hit with a big fireball all within a few seconds. There clearly was a JDAM but it's hard to know if that hit the hospital or the other site, and we don't know what happened to the failed Palestinian rocket.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Reik posted:

This is the tweet WaPo is hosting as footage of the hospital bombing

https://vxtwitter.com/lanasaiif/status/1714336606352499150

This is old footage of a JDAM guided bomb being used against the Taliban.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uwzugvv-g

This is Forbes footage of Hamas rockets being fired and intercepted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Td1VfUFU3w

Seems like the munitions used are much closer in speed/effect to the guided bomb than the rockets.

This is pretty conclusive and should be shared widely, I already have

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Google Jeb Bush posted:

It’s loving brutal and people keep retweeting it.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Rakosi posted:

It would have to be an IDF attack that coincides amazingly closely to an ongoing missile malfunction happening in the skies directly above the hospital, so much so that it looks to reasonable observers to be the remains of that munition falling. That is unbelievable timing.

A missile that lost it's way still sounds like a missile. It's still missile shaped and makes that whistle as it punches through the air. All of these other ideas such as JDAMs are, of course, possible. They just have less evidence to support them currently.

Where is the evidence of this supposed missile misfire? Are these the videos posted by the IDF which show a later time?

Why is this guy openly allowed to spread misinformation ITT?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I didn't know SA was so full of ballistics/explosives experts. You guys must all be EOD!

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 5, 2023

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Rakosi posted:

It would have to be an IDF attack that coincides amazingly closely to an ongoing and unrelated missile malfunction happening in the skies directly above the hospital, so much so that it looks to reasonable observers to be the remains of that munition falling. That is unbelievable timing.

You think it is unbelievable that the IDF would launch a bomb in retaliation immediately after Hamas launches a rocket at them?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

Israel has a right to defend itself.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rakosi posted:

Famously Hamas has a lot of high powered explosive missiles capable of blowing up an entire building full of people.

Surely you'd be able tk give examples of similar explosions literally anywhere in Israel.

Right?

Israel has a right to defend itself.

Jfc this joke.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!
Bibi and his representatives needs to be loving hanged.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Tigey posted:

Holy poo poo words fail me. What a loving disgusting act. Sickened our governments are going along with this

Not going to be able to unsee some of the things coming out tonight...

None of these claims about it being a Hamas rocket sound credible. And even by some unlikely chance it was, Israel is bombing the poo poo out of the rest of Gaza and killing people indiscriminately. All those thousands of other deaths aren't all due to 'Hamas misfires'.

All our news media outlets are bringing on Israeli representatives, no poo poo they will put up their hands in the air or point at Hamas. As soon as anyone who is even remotely being close to pro palestine is brought on the only thing they ask is to condemn hamas.

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Reik posted:

You think it is unbelievable that the IDF would launch a bomb in retaliation immediately after Hamas launches a rocket at them?

No, I think it's unbelievable that it just so happened to occur that the rocket fired at them started malfunctioning in the sky just before the hospital hit, and with time enough between the two to look like it was the rocket falling/pitching down, but in that interval an IDF munition swooped in to do the actual damage. No sign of the rocket having fallen anywhere else yet. I don't not want it to be the IDF as some seem to think, it's just that narrative has no evidence yet and the rocket malfunction one is having increasing amounts of corroboration.

Where is the evidence of this supposed missile misfire? Are these the videos posted by the IDF which show a later time?

In the links I shared earlier.

Caros posted:

Famously Hamas has a lot of high powered explosive missiles capable of blowing up an entire building full of people.

Surely you'd be able tk give examples of similar explosions literally anywhere in Israel.

Right?

Yes, May 2021, the PIJ used Badr 3 rockets with 300-400kg warheads against Ashkelon and Netivot.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hey bud I know you're not very bright and must be doing an obnoxious bit but I already dealt with the video stuff you have to stop citing it.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

mannerup posted:

posted this a couple times in the thread asking for a source of that claim, it appears to have originated from The Spectator Index which claims they got the statement from Al Jazeera (which I have been unable to locate on either their website or social media accounts)

people should know The Spectator Index is just some person's twitter account who reposts stuff

Thanks. That would explain why I couldn't find it.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Serious question; I saw the Twitter post where the IDF account made that disgusting comment about "fighting the children of darkness" like an insane person, but I haven't seen the one where the spokesperson claims that the hospital was warned because I'm having trouble googling through similar stories. Was that on the IDF account too?

It might even be deleted now.

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1714371554237096068

Not sure if this is the same thing that was referenced earlier.

If it is, this context is important

https://twitter.com/ThomasVLinge/status/1714372303834722813

ummel fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 17, 2023

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Rakosi posted:

Yes, May 2021, the PIJ used Badr 3 rockets with 300-400kg warheads against Ashkelon and Netivot.

You should check out the effect those munitions had for a fun surprise.

There is a lot more that matters in a bomb than just the weight of its warhead.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Rakosi posted:

Those are not remotely similar in impact. You can tell because only one (1) person was killed as a result of Badr-3 missiles over the entirety of the conflict.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

it really does feel like the Hasbara is working overtime on twitter right now. every other post i see is a video claiming Hamas bombed the hospital

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

mannerup fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 5, 2023

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I'm not sure how it's possible for anyone to know that it's misinformation at this point. Things are confused and everyone is falling back on their priors. Suppressing information you don't like before it's possible to know things objectively isn't a good way to get to the underlying truth.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

it really does feel like the Hasbara is working overtime on twitter right now. every other post i see is a video claiming Hamas bombed the hospital

I really don't think that they have to do much, to be honest. Most of the western world will believe whatever they say, and let's face it, a lot of their fan club *loves* spending all day going absolutely rabid about how the IDF is always totally right. What work do you need to do when you have a million independent nutters who will dedicate their lives to spreading whatever you say, just because screaming at other people with the moral certainty of a true zealot is fun?

Rakosi
May 5, 2008

NO-QUARTERMASTER

Those are not remotely similar in impact. You can tell because only one (1) person was killed as a result of Badr-3 missiles over the entirety of the conflict.

They aren't precision guided systems and most that make it towards Israeli settlements are intercepted by the iron dome. This warhead seems to have landed on a very large concentration of people at the hospital. You see, you can have two similarly sized explosions in two different places but the amount of people under the explosion appears to be an important variable in how many people get killed, not necessarily how big the bomb is.

I am not, and have not, doubled down and said it was 100% a Palestinian Group. Just sharing information that corroborates that theory, as opposed to no currently available information that corroborates an IDF JDAM.

IDF are apparently going to release public proof, but I don't think anyone is going to trust audio intercepts.

https://twitter.com/MarioNawfal/status/1714411430571569590

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
https://twitter.com/NathanJRobinson/status/1714410127158075654?t=mdDXlu7vt-ccd97yYMvquA&s=19

This, but also the fact that:
- IDF bombed this exact hospital over the weekend
- the IDF said they were going to bomb hospitals

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
So did PIJ or Hamas only have one giant rear end missle capable of blowing the poo poo out of a hospital or did all of the rest of them just magically disappear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rakosi posted:

most that make it towards Israeli settlements are intercepted by the iron dome.

10 percent is still a lot of rockets (and that's buying the almost certainly false effectiveness claims of the designer) and they overwhelmed it during the incursion and saw nothing like this. I'm sure they'd had plenty of misfires over the years too.